Pac vs Cotto

Roscoe

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maywether doesn't want any of it despite his obvious talents he is one of the factors keeping Boxing from being one of the Worlds premier sports This fight should be made to happen. would be a epicbut my support would be behind Manny (no bandwagon) He's just a true fighting champion with real courage and spirit and a man worthy of respect an a credit to the sport.

It's sad how true this is:

Speaking exclusively with Sky Sports at the weekend, the 32-year-old boxing master said he is more than willing to fight Pacquiao, but that after he has done so, and beaten him as he is sure he will, he will not get any genuine credit for having done it. Amazingly, Mayweather, one of the most self assured prize fighters of all-time, has referred to "Pac Man" as a one-dimensional fighter who has been KO'd before, therefore he himself will get no plaudits if he manages to stop the southpaw dynamo.."The thing is with Pacquiao I don't see any versatility as a fighter," Mayweather told Sky's Adam Smith. "He's a good puncher but just one-dimensional. I'm in a no-win situation. If I beat Manny Pacquiao do you know what they [the critics] are going to say? 'You are supposed to beat him, you are Floyd Mayweather. You are the bigger man.' I I knock him out they'll say, 'You're supposed to knock him out, he's been knocked out before.'"I'm in a no-win situation and when I beat him no-one is going to be surprised, because he's been beaten before. He's been beaten on three occasions."

On 16/11/2009 at 4:22 PM, NO SUNSHINE said:
Speaking exclusively with Sky Sports at the weekend, the 32-year-old boxing master said he is more than willing to fight Pacquiao, but that after he has done so, and beaten him as he is sure he will, he will not get any genuine credit for having done it. Amazingly, Mayweather, one of the most self assured prize fighters of all-time, has referred to "Pac Man" as a one-dimensional fighter who has been KO'd before, therefore he himself will get no plaudits if he manages to stop the southpaw dynamo.."The thing is with Pacquiao I don't see any versatility as a fighter," Mayweather told Sky's Adam Smith. "He's a good puncher but just one-dimensional. I'm in a no-win situation. If I beat Manny Pacquiao do you know what they [the critics] are going to say? 'You are supposed to beat him, you are Floyd Mayweather. You are the bigger man.' I I knock him out they'll say, 'You're supposed to knock him out, he's been knocked out before.'"I'm in a no-win situation and when I beat him no-one is going to be surprised, because he's been beaten before. He's been beaten on three occasions."

Its true, we will say he fought and beat the smaller man, but do it first then chat, dont tell us he dont wanna fight Pac for that reason. This will be the case whoever he fights (unless its Mosley/moving up in weight), so why fight anyone other than the best?And he may beat Pac Man, but Pac has speed, the only thing I see Mayweather getting beaten by. Power is an added factor. Zab Judah was supposedly giving him a run for his money in the first part of their fight. But we all know Zab and concentration mix like water and oil.Mayweather needs to face it that hes an exceptionally gifted fighter which comes with its downfalls such as what the critics say. What he has to do is go in there, beat everyone they say he should fight then laugh. Dont have questions hanging over your head or suspicions of ducking. Dont matter who is promoting, get in there and beat the promoters fighter, take their money and laugh. Thats the win-winWith regards to the actual fight, a few stated it earlier in the thread. Not sure if I did (will check in a sec), but I thought Cotto would get stopped. Glad he gave a good account of himself, and like others have said, he deserved to hear the final bell. His chin isnt anywhere near as bad as people thought. Pac man landed some big shots Cotto wasnt rocked by. Granted he was knocked down twice but there were shots that would have knocked many outEDITJust went through this thread, was there another thread? I'm sure I remember cussin CottoEDIT This threadhttp://www.vip2.co.uk/forum/topic/40198-pacquiai-cotto/page__hl__cotto__fromsearch__1

On 16/11/2009 at 9:18 PM, Prophet 001 said:
On 16/11/2009 at 4:22 PM, NO SUNSHINE said:
Its true, we will say he fought and beat the smaller man, but do it first then chat, dont tell us he dont wanna fight Pac for that reason. This will be the case whoever he fights (unless its Mosley/moving up in weight), so why fight anyone other than the best?And he may beat Pac Man, but Pac has speed, the only thing I see Mayweather getting beaten by. Power is an added factor. Zab Judah was supposedly giving him a run for his money in the first part of their fight. But we all know Zab and concentration mix like water and oil.Mayweather needs to face it that hes an exceptionally gifted fighter which comes with its downfalls such as what the critics say. What he has to do is go in there, beat everyone they say he should fight then laugh. Dont have questions hanging over your head or suspicions of ducking. Dont matter who is promoting, get in there and beat the promoters fighter, take their money and laugh. Thats the win-winWith regards to the actual fight, a few stated it earlier in the thread. Not sure if I did (will check in a sec), but I thought Cotto would get stopped. Glad he gave a good account of himself, and like others have said, he deserved to hear the final bell. His chin isnt anywhere near as bad as people thought. Pac man landed some big shots Cotto wasnt rocked by. Granted he was knocked down twice but there were shots that would have knocked many outEDITJust went through this thread, was there another thread? I'm sure I remember cussin CottoEDIT This threadhttp://www.vip2.co.uk/forum/topic/40198-pacquiai-cotto/page__hl__cotto__fromsearch__1

Mostly true tbh.

People dislike Mayweather so much they turn anything he says into something negative. from what he said in that interview he wants to fight him, he just pointed out what will be said afterwards.The point about excuses is true, he beat JMM and all people went on about was the size difference. Nobody seemed to acknowledge that JMM is a supremely gifted boxer and couldn't land a punch which isn't a result of the size difference.Skills aside the way PBF conducts himself will only add to this fight as a spectacle anyway, theirs nothing better than a fight between a likeable guy and a guy that people hate and I'm sure PBF is fully aware of this.

actually that was all gas
How?
People dislike Mayweather so much they turn anything he says into something negative. from what he said in that interview he wants to fight him, he just pointed out what will be said afterwards.The point about excuses is true, he beat JMM and all people went on about was the size difference. Nobody seemed to acknowledge that JMM is a supremely gifted boxer and couldn't land a punch which isn't a result of the size difference.Skills aside the way PBF conducts himself will only add to this fight as a spectacle anyway, theirs nothing better than a fight between a likeable guy and a guy that people hate and I'm sure PBF is fully aware of this.
I dont believe a fight will happen until I see the two of them at a press conference. My post wasnt only about Pacquiao, it was also about Mosley.JMM jumped two weights to face the supposed best in the world. I think he'd only had a couple of fights at lightweight. True about not being able to land a punch not a result of size. Either way, I dont care as much about Pacquiao-Mayweather as I do Moseley-PBF. All depends on which Mosley is fighting. If it vs. Mayorga he's in trouble, if its vs. Margarito then we are in for a real fight