'Pop' Music

VonBoyage

..on the whole,I know alot of people might deny they've slightly liked some of the music.. I mean who'd blame em. this is some super manufactured money driven drivel, right? TBH i think we are designed to hate em.. specially as they make such shitty music, right?Well, I feel the level has stepped up over the last few months and i think it deserves my attention.I really like The Loving Kind & Untouchable by Girls Aloud (2008 but only really noticed the last cuttla)When im at work and these two drop everyday, i've grown from suicidally hating to PROPER FEELING these two tunes.I'm talking "on the ipod" FEELING. I standardly bop to these on my way to/from work. There are other artists aswel that are getting a 'look in', although its only one or two tunes.Do you think popular music has stepped up in your opinion?Have you found yourself bopping to more pop NOW than say, this time 2/3 years back?Im strictly DUBSTEP but i have a plethora of other tastes which vastly range.. as do some of you i know.I aint talking bout banging out none of these tunes in a dance or nuthin, but if a piece of music, regardless of genre or artist soothes your soul, surely it cant be THAT bad....right?!

Guest Cipher

Yea I got pop tunesmost are old though im gonna be honest80s till about 2000 at the absolute latest---------------------I don't think 'pop music' has stepped up at all IMO, its gotten worse, couple decades ago, pop was the music, mans music.Now the only thing I think has changed is the context of what pop is and what influences it.Nowdays most pop has a much more contemporary rnb/hip hop (well definately black influenced) soundwhich is why a lotta people identify more with ita decade ago it was influenced more by rock n roll (britpop)Loads of music that is labelled a certain genre is pop, there are diff ends of the pop scale, from Girls Aloud to Beyonce..Honestly though I dont have much time for contemporary pop...(a lotta music that people seem to like on here and is proclaimed as niche or something is pop, lady gaga, La roux, Ndubz and the like)

Thats a good point, i think along the way i actually forgot what pop music actually was.Ive got classic pop on the hard drive dating back to god knows how long.. im guna listen to the evolution (or degradation as you put it)alot of people are calling that "niche" pop.. and i've been foolish to believe that myself tbh when its not. But i guess its easier for me to pigeon-hole than try and seek out sub-genres (if they exist)but i have noticed that "rnb" orientated switch that theyre playing with.

Blur recently reformed didnt they? And i used to listen to oasis but i dont feel their making the music they were before.. and thats what i was feeling.Do Pulp still make music? I thought it was just Cocker nowadays
Blur have done (which is great news) and been doing a few festivals (missed them at Glastonbury, how I regret it), Hyde Park etc.Yup Cocker does his bits, recently released a solo album.

i have become more interested in "pop" music of late...its getting my attention....there is a stigma that comes with liking "pop" music tho, but i feel that it is starting leave, or this may be because im getting older and understand that my opinion is the only one which counts and if other people dont like the music i like, it really doesnt matter. :Y:

this may be because im getting older and understand that my opinion is the only one which counts and if other people dont like the music i like, it really doesnt matter.
This is what im saying, but i get conflicted cause im a producer so i ALSO want people to like what I listen to without trying not to inflict my alternative music on people.Maybe i just need new friends.Pop friends :mellow:Need to start going to THEM bars n sh*t.

Pop is aite thrse days .. cnt avoid it cus my workplace play it alot 90s pop >> ____cnt beat a bit of classic hanson, backstreet boys etc
Hansen arrr mmm bop ha it takes me backwas a backstreet fan when i was younger, they had some belter songsbut my favourite era of pop has got to be the 80's. cyndi laupa, phil collins, fleetwood mac ( they spun over a few decades but i dont care, they are still great ), belinda carlisle, cher, human leauge etcsimple minds - dont you forget is a tune ( for those who have watched the breAkfast club, u must know about this song )