Studio..Basics

mary

yeah im planning to start a little home studio with my cousin and just trying to save up and buy the most important stuff then get other things overtime.i was just wondering so what are the things that i need to get to begin with and the costs i.e mixer, microphone, headphones and soundcard (this are the first things people have told me, first when ive asked them even though i am a complete novice at this lool)thanks in advance :D

what r ur needs tho? u gonna be mostly recording vocals? i'd suggest getting an m-box, that comes bundled with pro-tools LE, then u need to spend as much as you can on a decent mic and a stand/pop shield for it. Provided u already a computer capable of running the software.http://www.andertons.co.uk/DigidesignMBOXm...=GoogleShopping

oh coool, thanks yeah its definately just vocals. i just want to make sure that the qualitys thereim thinking of going with the rode nt1a as the microphone, its getting a lot of recommendations from people.
I've got a NT1A, bought it years ago & it was the best one you could get for the price. Im happy with the quality.