ESPN - now with Serie A

Admin.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.epltalk.com/espn-adds-premier-l...er-line-up/9899ESPN has acquired the TV rights to two of the weekly Premier League slots on US television for the 2009-2010 season. Beginning on August 15, 2009, each week ESPN will feature the 7:45am ET Saturday game and the 3pm ET Monday game.Those two weekly timeslots were previously held by Setanta Sports who in the past had sub-licensed those games from Fox Soccer Channel. Despite Setanta losing the two timeslots to ESPN, Setanta US will continue showing the two 10am ET Saturday slots (one game on Setanta US, and the other on Setanta Xtra), as well as the early Sunday morning ET kickoffs and the Tuesday and Wednesday midweek Premier League matches. The games shown by Setanta will also be available on its broadband package at http://www.setanta-i.comESPN’s acquisition of the early Saturday morning kickoff and Monday afternoon matches are a massive coup for the Disney-owned company who have significantly increased its soccer coverage recently. ESPN has yet to make a formal announcement regarding the acquisition of the Premier League TV rights (the two timeslots), but will presumably show the games on both ESPN2 and ESPN360.
More Premier league football by the looks of things.Downside is these matches might come with Yank commentary.The NLD is on thereESPN >>>>>> _______
But isn't that ESPN America only? Swear our rights our divided up differently something like Sky have 4 packages while ESPN have 2 out of the 6, that's what my understanding was.

http://www.epltalk.com/espn-adds-premier-l...er-line-up/9899ESPN has acquired the TV rights to two of the weekly Premier League slots on US television for the 2009-2010 season. Beginning on August 15, 2009, each week ESPN will feature the 7:45am ET Saturday game and the 3pm ET Monday game.Those two weekly timeslots were previously held by Setanta Sports who in the past had sub-licensed those games from Fox Soccer Channel. Despite Setanta losing the two timeslots to ESPN, Setanta US will continue showing the two 10am ET Saturday slots (one game on Setanta US, and the other on Setanta Xtra), as well as the early Sunday morning ET kickoffs and the Tuesday and Wednesday midweek Premier League matches. The games shown by Setanta will also be available on its broadband package at http://www.setanta-i.comESPN’s acquisition of the early Saturday morning kickoff and Monday afternoon matches are a massive coup for the Disney-owned company who have significantly increased its soccer coverage recently. ESPN has yet to make a formal announcement regarding the acquisition of the Premier League TV rights (the two timeslots), but will presumably show the games on both ESPN2 and ESPN360.
More Premier league football by the looks of things.Downside is these matches might come with Yank commentary.The NLD is on thereESPN >>>>>> _______
But isn't that ESPN America only? Swear our rights our divided up differently something like Sky have 4 packages while ESPN have 2 out of the 6, that's what my understanding was.
When I first read it and and thought naturally that seeing as we have ESPN America in the UK we might be getting these new packages too but then I remembered that Sky have the Monday night and Saturday lunch time games.Could still happen but I doubt it's likely.

jon champions decent stillbest non sky commo him and tyldsley

might need to restart your box for it to update