MUSIC MAKING PROGRAMMES

streets.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems to be a lot plp who know their stuff in this thread so maybe someone can help me.For some reason after moving house my Cubase isn't picking up any audio signals (mic, compresser etc). I don't think it's an mixer issue cause I've tried everything with that (but it could be) & I don't think my m-audio usb soundcard's faulty as im still getting audio playback. so Im thinking it's my mac or Cubase.Any ideas as to what the problem is? Seriously Im willing pay cash to the person who can solve this problem, im desperate.
what card/ audio driver and ur genreal set up
M-Audio USB soundcard that goes into my imac (old old one) with Midi In & Out that's connected to a Triton le. Audio ins & outs are connected to a cheapish Behringer Mixer. Mic is connected to mic amp/compresser & thats connected to the mixer. Like I said audio output is no problem but Cubase isn't picking up any audio input.

Seems to be a lot plp who know their stuff in this thread so maybe someone can help me.For some reason after moving house my Cubase isn't picking up any audio signals (mic, compresser etc). I don't think it's an mixer issue cause I've tried everything with that (but it could be) & I don't think my m-audio usb soundcard's faulty as im still getting audio playback. so Im thinking it's my mac or Cubase.Any ideas as to what the problem is? Seriously Im willing pay cash to the person who can solve this problem, im desperate.
what card/ audio driver and ur genreal set up
M-Audio USB soundcard that goes into my imac (old old one) with Midi In & Out that's connected to a Triton le. Audio ins & outs are connected to a cheapish Behringer Mixer. Mic is connected to mic amp/compresser & thats connected to the mixer. Like I said audio output is no problem but Cubase isn't picking up any audio input.
only thing that springs to mind is Devices>>>VST Connections>>> Inputsand check that the right channels are selected on the device port column for the bus

so u can make a better beat than me on ejay or magic music maker or fruity
I can make a better beat than you in fruity. Can make equally the same quality beat in reason aswell.Are you asking for someone to show you up cuz?
its a joke which is why i put it in blacki dont even know who u are fam

THIS TOPIC MAKES ME ANGRYHOW CAN GUYS SAY THAT DIFFERENT SOFTWARE RESULTS IN DIFFERENT QUALITY/COMPLEXITY/INTRICACY OF MUSIC?NONSENSE The only difference is possible the facilities to mix down, it's 2009 now everyone of these successful softwares have been used by world reknown producers (yes including FL).

HOW CAN GUYS SAY THAT DIFFERENT SOFTWARE RESULTS IN DIFFERENT QUALITY/COMPLEXITY/INTRICACY OF MUSIC?
of course it can go make a track in cubase, then go make a track in logic..unlike most ppl posting in this thread i can use logic, cubase, pro tools, reason, fruity all to a very high standed and im telling you when it comes to sequencing, editing ect logic is supierior, thus being a "industry standed" softwaredont get me wrong you can make good beats on any software, BUT ask a guy who can use all the software which one he would use and i bet he wud say logicppl that tend to argue about this only do so bcuz they can only use 1 or the other so find it easier to stick to what they know

I have used all of those programs apart from pro tools and I find that they just take different amounts of time.This obviously tells me you are one of them guys who only uses the obvious tolls in the program.How can you say that some music cannot be made on different software when in reality all you need is a sequencer, channels, MIDI controllers, plugins, automation controllers and a mixer.And before you SMH PMSL etc. and call me basic that really is all you need to make music all the new shitis just there to make the process quicker to refine the work.Everything else is a bonus realtalk.

i said that some music cannot be made on different software??? i sware i said you can make good beats on ANY software boss? no?plz up one of your beats, talks cheapim obviously one of them guys that uses basic tools? how you come to that conclusion sherlock?"using" all the different software and being fully trained in all diff software is a next ting...

HOW CAN GUYS SAY THAT DIFFERENT SOFTWARE RESULTS IN DIFFERENT QUALITY/COMPLEXITY/INTRICACY OF MUSIC?
unlike most ppl posting in this thread i can use logic, cubase, pro tools, reason, fruity all to a very high standed and im telling you when it comes to sequencing, editing ect logic is supierior, thus being a "industry standed" software
But you said this meaning that you believe that logic can do things others can't when in reality its not the case it's just easily accessible hence why I said you use the most obvious tools in software.Also you are trying to imply I cannot use more than one or two programs which is totally not the case, as I've been using Reason, Cubase, Sibelius (to make music rather than just score it), FL Studio and even Acid pro for years now, and I can say that bar Acid (which I just used for sequencing) I am pretty much clued up on most aspects of the software because I actually had to learn how to use them in detail whilst doing A levs coursework.

of course it can go make a track in cubase, then go make a track in logic..unlike most ppl posting in this thread i can use logic, cubase, pro tools, reason, fruity all to a very high standed and im telling you when it comes to sequencing, editing ect logic is supierior, thus being a "industry standed" softwaredont get me wrong you can make good beats on any software, BUT ask a guy who can use all the software which one he would use and i bet he wud say logicppl that tend to argue about this only do so bcuz they can only use 1 or the other so find it easier to stick to what they know
ur chatting sh*t. cubase,logic, are sequencers like pro tools. to claim that the quality of the music produced in one is better than the other is just stupid. i dont care how long you claim to have used them but anyway you can say that each sequencer comes with inbuilt TOOLS that make one faster/easier/ or more user friendly but at the end of the day all the sequencers are doing is working with wave files. you can use a protools rig with £4m worth of software, and the engineer/producer still wont have a clue about what to do or how well to do it so them using protoools for a track can still sound avg.another producer can use cubase with solid reliable mixing gear worth a fraction of £4m and still make a banger.different software does NOT produce different results, its different PEOPLE who produce different results. then you still got the mastering stage which most pros do NOT use cubase,protools,or logic for. i knew this thread was just gona turn into a FL vs Cubase VS protools VS unknown vip2 producer type thread

unlike most ppl posting in this thread i can use logic, cubase, pro tools, reason, fruity all to a very high standed and im telling you when it comes to sequencing, editing ect logic is supierior, thus being a "industry standed" software
But you said this meaning that you believe that logic can do things others can't when in reality its not the case it's just easily accessible hence why I said you use the most obvious tools in software.Also you are trying to imply I cannot use more than one or two programs which is totally not the case, as I've been using Reason, Cubase, Sibelius (to make music rather than just score it), FL Studio and even Acid pro for years now, and I can say that bar Acid (which I just used for sequencing) I am pretty much clued up on most aspects of the software because I actually had to learn how to use them in detail whilst doing A levs coursework.
thats my personal opnion boss, ive been working in profesional studios since i was 14, infact ive never gon into any profesional studio and seen a PC.tbh you telling me u learnt them programs in school says alot, not even being funny but from experiance most schools dont have the funds to deck out classrooms with g5 macs + logic, thus them using programs such as the ones you stated. its not even a bad thing kus wen i went CONEL i had to use PCs and reason + cubase and its just another program you can usebut anyone can TALK about music production an all that, up some of your stuff and show me im chattin sh*t

i dnt think he's arguin that ppl dont effect it, because its obvious someone who doesn't know what they're doing cant produce quality, doesn't need to be stated.i think he's assumin you got two people who are both a good/high standard at each given program.not takin sides, just saying.

im telling you when it comes to sequencing, editing ect logic is supierior, thus being a "industry standed" softwaredont get me wrong you can make good beats on any software, BUT ask a guy who can use all the software which one he would use and i bet he wud say logic
but anyway you can say that each sequencer comes with inbuilt TOOLS that make one faster/easier/ or more user friendly but at the end of the day all the sequencers are doing is working with wave files.
point?