Fear not Gambino, Flat Eric etc

Mr. Gayle

I couldn't bear the PS3 dualshock / sixaxis controller any longer, so decided to fit a PS3 dualshock into an Xbox 360 wireless controller. A similar pad has been made before by Ben Heck using a non-rumble PS3 sixaxis controller, but with no disrespect to his fine work I wasn't keen on the method he used. His 'ps360' pad was made by removing the 360 controllers PCB and replacing it with a modified PS3 one, gluing tact switches into place underneath buttons etc, and attaching the thumbsticks with perfboard hot-glued in place. I didn't think this would be very strong or durable and I also didnt want to cut away thumbstick guides etc as I didnt think it'd end up 'feeling' anything like a 360 pad.So I set about dismantling the two pads, to see how else this can be done. After some measuring and guestimating I was fairly sure I could leave the existing 360 board in place with some modifications, and get a cut-down PS3 board in there too - that way I can use all of the existing 360 buttons, sticks, triggers etc and everything will 'feel' like it does out of the factory.1.jpgThe two controller boards: (those with a keen eye will notice this is a sixaxis board and not a dualshock one. As this was just a testing stage I was playing around with a dead 360 and sixaxis board, as I didn't want to damage the 'real' boards I would be using later!)2.jpgRemoving non-essential bits from the 360 board:3.jpgTrimming the 360's LT/RT trigger support frames, and test-fitting the PS3 board:4.jpgAbout two thirds of the wiring complete:5.jpgAll wiring complete, the more powerful 360 rumble motors attached to the dualshock board:6.jpgAll wiring complete, fitted into the front of the 360 controller shell (notice PS3 board has been cut down to size!):7.jpgShaving the inside rear 360 controller casing for a good fit:8.jpgPlugging in the PS3 battery:9.jpgThe completed controller:10.jpgThe pad works exactly as expected, including all tilt/movement controls, the ring-of-light to indicate controller/player number, analogue triggers and charging etc. Charging is done through the Xbox play and charge port on top of the pad (I didn't want PS3 pads mini-usb poking through somewhere looking out of place!).A quick clip of the controller playing Killzone 2 (rather badly, trying to play through the video recording means a second or so delay ) For some reason though youtube keeps rotating the video

For FPS: Mouse and Keyboard > _____________________
I use to think that when I played PC FPS Games then switched to PS2, But when your as sh*t hot as I was on Modern Warfare it doesn't get any better regardless of what your using. :Y:
??
Oiiiiiiiiiiii bruv when your as Fackinnnnnnnn good as I was on Modern Warfare merkin all those Fackin pakis it dont matter what your using....Was that easier to understand for you my danny dyer talking cockny mate Macz?

Guest Flat Ericó
Xbox members out number ps3 cos xbox costs a score 5 LOL @ dese guys giving it the Barry
lolps3 pad is the one.from when theyve kept the same design from psx days.360 man only like their pad cos they can do bicep curls while games are loading