No more black centre backs

MetaFives

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always suspected Vermalen was a replacement for either Gallas or Toure & not a squad addition. Senderos next out & Song will play a lot more at CB this season.
prefer Song in the middle tbhand i wanna see what a year in Milan has done to Philippe, still do not think his as bad as some make out

Song always done well in defence & Wenger has said that's where his future is plus I think he's been registered as a defender. Wenger said after our 2nd pre-season fixture that Senderos was looking at his options with regards to him finding another club so he looks like he's on his way. Hopefully Silvestre will only be used as cover for Clichy this season.I really hope Vermaelen is a revelation because our defence can't afford to be worse then it was last season.

For that fee nobody can complain.However for a strength of squad debate you could, Toure at best should be 3rd choice, unfortunately cos it would be to Gallas, Toure would kick up noise over the season. So in the harmony of the dressing room sense and the fee, Wenger I think has to accept. But my issue is Gallas is gone at the end of this coming season (32 next month) and I dont want Silvestre being 3rd choice or even playing this season and I still aint convinced on Senderos returning, Djourou's ability to stay fit when needed, Vermaelen aint proven yet and until a midfielder gets bought, Song should stay there.

As much as a Kolo fan as I am this is the right thing. Wenger didn't want him to up and go during January because there was no one really to take cover, now with the singing of Vermaelen he has that choice to accept. For the money you can see why and after the bust up with Gallas (who did improve after the captains armband was taken away) which can disrupt harmony among the squad.Kolo was a great member of the squad, one of those major fan favourites and did genuinely love the fans. There was them games when he really was a brick wall, nothing would get passed but seeing him become a shadow of that has been a sad sight. Cheers Kolo.

Good to see Wenger got rid of the right defender.

coming into the final year of his contractclearly past his best3rd choice at bestacn in january15m on the tablewe'd be mad not to sell, i wish him all the best cos he loves the club and fans but he's had his day its best for both parties
THIS.If he had around £20m before the two sales (Ade & Kolo) I'd dread to think what he'd do with what he has now. Even if he had literally nothing, £40m + Wenger + Champions League Football this season = :D

Manchester City are delighted to announce that Kolo Toure has joined from Arsenal.The central defender who spent seven years with the Gunners has signed a four-year contract and becomes the sixth summer signing.He passed a medical late this afternoon and then headed straight to the Blues headquarters to finalise paper work.Boss Mark Hughes who added Kolo to other new faces in England midfielder Gareth Barry, strikers Carlos Tevez, Emmanuel Adebayor, and Roque Santa Cruz and goalkeeper Stuart Taylor believes that the Ivory Coast defender will be a huge influence in the dressing room and on the pitch."I am delighted to welcome Kolo to Manchester City. It is no secret that we have been looking to strengthen our defence, and in Kolo I feel we have recruited a world class player. He brings a wealth of Premier League experience from his seven seasons with Arsenal,” he declared.“Kolo has been a central figure in a very strong Arsenal team for many years, and I have been an admirer of him for a long time. He is strong, quick, reads the game well and will be an influential figure in the dressing room.”

Kolo Toure has today signed for Manchester City for an undisclosed fee. Toure (28), who joined Arsenal from Ivorian side Asec Mimosas in February 2002, made a total of 326 appearances for the Gunners, being a regular in the first team over the past seven seasons. During his time with Arsenal, Kolo won the FA Cup in both 2003 and 2005, and was part of the ‘Invincibles’ squad who won the 2003/04 Premier League, going the entire season unbeaten. Everyone at Arsenal Football Club wishes Kolo the best of luck for the future.