Mourinho "I would Manage United"

Guest M12

Guest M12 Part 2
At 67, Ferguson knows he cannot continue indefinitely, even though he is presently fit and healthy and has no intention of giving up a job he has held for almost 23 years.United chief executive David Gill knows finding a suitable alternative will be the single most difficult task he will face given the incredible success Ferguson has enjoyed with the Red Devils.Mourinho's name has been mentioned fairly frequently since his exit from Chelsea.The Portuguese coach certainly has the charisma required to take on one of football's biggest jobs and is unlikely to be overwhelmed by the task of replacing the most successful British manager of all time.And, while he insists he remains totally focused on trying to end Inter Milan's 54-year European Cup drought, he admitted the lure of returning to England with the current Premier League champions would probably be irresistible."I would consider going to Manchester United but United have to consider if they want me to succeed Sir Alex Ferguson," he told the Daily Mirror. "If they do, then of course."I like England, where the fans are very passionate and make the game a beautiful occasion with such an incredible atmosphere."Ironically, Mourinho's statement comes just after John Terry committed his future to the Stamford Bridge outfit.Had Mourinho still been with Chelsea, it is unlikely Terry would have needed assurances from Roman Abramovich about the future direction of the London outfit before he finally said no to Manchester City.And, aside from backroom unrest, it has not escaped Mourinho's notice that since his controversial exit two years ago, Chelsea are now onto their fourth manager and have failed to recapture the title, while he - having guided Chelsea to back-to-back championships - has now won Serie A as well with Inter."I had many conversations before Chelsea and I decided on a divorce," he said. "It was difficult for me because we loved each other but the relationship went in one direction and it was best for everyone."Since I left I became champion again but they have not been champions again. I keep on winning and they don't."
http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,1...5456890,00.htmlLMAO @ the sly chelsea par at the end

allow destroying one of the only traditions the club has left of having british managers
i don't think he is man utd material, David Moyes is the next replacement imo
I'm sure there were United fans on here who wanted him before Moyes is perfectchoice as long as he can resolve any problems he's got with Rooney

As i said 3/4 years ago on hereits going to be fergiemourinhofergie jnrim pretty sure of itwould defo want mourinho next he wont stay for long but he would steady the ship during a transitional period probably win a few things aswell

Mourinho's one of the only managers with a big enough ego to follow Fergie and put his own stamp on it.An inexperienced manager would probably crack under the pressure of being Fergie's replacement. Like Ice says Jose for 3-4 years to keep the ball rolling is the logical step, then bring someone who's looking at the long term in after.