Nordtveit joins Bundesliga new boys Nurnberg for season long loan

TF S4DK

Arsenal starlet Havard Nordtveit has agreed to join newly-promoted Nurnberg for the 2009/10 campaign.The Norwegian defender will spend the upcoming season in Germany in an effort to secure regular first-team football.The 19-year-old, who is under contract at Emirates Stadium until 2011, has previously taken in a productive loan spell at Lillestrom in his homeland.He is looking forward to experiencing life in the Bundesliga and believes the move will help his personal progression."I hope to help Nurnberg to achieve their goals and of course to take the next step in my development," said Nordtveit.Meanwhile, another of Arsenal's talented youngsters has admitted he would be willing to consider heading out on loan.Midfielder Fran Merida spent the first half of last season in Spain with Real Sociedad and thoroughly enjoyed his time away from North London.He did break into Arsene Wenger's first-team plans towards the end of the 2008/09 campaign, but accepts that the Frenchman may decide to send him away on a short-term deal once again."There's a possibility of me going on loan but I want to try and make that decision difficult for my manager by showing him what I can do," he said."My goal when I'm back in England (after the Under 19 European Championship) will be to continue my progression and of course to keep learning."