Buying a new PC...

Seymour Cake

I am looking to buy a new PC on a budget. I got a nice moniter already, just want a base-unit, because my current one is clapped. Just need to be adequate for general home use, and up to date on most things.Got about 400 to spend.I was looking at this one..http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/product/seo/786588Dell Studio 540 / 6161 - Desktop PC786588.jpg * Intel® Core 2 Quad Q8200 * (2.33GHz, 4MB Cache) * Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium * 4GB DDR2 memory * 500GB SATA hard drive (7200rpm) * Intel® GMA X4500 graphics * Dual Layer DVD Rewriter * 6x USB and 1x FireWire port * Media card reader£439.99If anyones got any suggestions or advice on where to look etc. would be appreciated.

DEFI build yourself. Lol @ more expensive.This way you WILL (within reason) spend less. and when ur looking to upgrade.. you already know what you've got and know what's compatible with what.Also, that feeling when u close up the case and power up for the 1st time after installing new parts >>>

Will cost more to build your own.
Less*alot cheaper 2 buy the parts urself, not that hard 2 put all together aswell if u read some tut's off the internet. Can save quite abit building it urself.
not necessarily, independent companies usually will do it cheaper cos they'll buy parts wholsale/bulk prices.Was lookin at all the parts for my pc to buy seperately and build myself but found some companies offerin the same spec couple hundred cheaper+will give u a warranty, even tho buyin parts urself will too, it may be hard to diagnose. however if u get it prebuilt they'll do that for u.

Will cost more to build your own.
Less*alot cheaper 2 buy the parts urself, not that hard 2 put all together aswell if u read some tut's off the internet. Can save quite abit building it urself.
not necessarily, independent companies usually will do it cheaper cos they'll buy parts wholsale/bulk prices.Was lookin at all the parts for my pc to buy seperately and build myself but found some companies offerin the same spec couple hundred cheaper+will give u a warranty, even tho buyin parts urself will too, it may be hard to diagnose. however if u get it prebuilt they'll do that for u.
good advicebuying a replacement part, fitting it, then finding out its not the cause of the fault...thats money and time wasted.