Season Predictions

Rsonist

Top 4 (yawn)LiverpoolChelseaMan UtdMan CityRelegatedPortsmouthHullBurnley (Reckon 19th and 20th will battle eachother for the least points gained in season)Europa LeagueArsenal EvertonMy TeamNot good enough for the meaningful positions, not bad enough to get relegated. I'm gonna try not to get too worked up over my football this year, cos I can foresee 'Arry doing some sh*t that will really make my blood boil, and I can't be dealing with that. No Europe this year, so most weeks we'll be playing just once, but I'm absolutely certain that won't stop him from complaining about injuries, the state of the squad, how we only had 2 points from 8 games when he came and all the rest of it. Hopefully a "dream" job will become available at Man City or somewhere, and he'll be off. I've had enough of this glorified used-car salesman. c*nt.League CupReckon Villa or someone like thatFA CupMan UtdChampions LeagueBarcaLa LigaBarcaBallon D'Or/FIFA World Player of the YearMessiFinal Premier League Standings1. Liverpool2. Chelsea3. Man Utd4. Man City5. Everton6. Arsenal7. Aston Villa8. Sunderland9. Fulham10. Bolton11. Wigan12. Blackburn13. West Ham14. Tottenham15. Birmingham16. Wolves17. Stoke18. Portsmouth19. Burnley20. Hull

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mines gonna be pretty similar to yours I think rsonist.Top 4 Man UtdLiverpoolChelseaArsenalRelegatedHull, Pompey and BurnleyEuropa LeagueMan CitySpursMy TeamWe've lost our spine. Downing is a good capture but won't be fit until November, Friedel's a year older and showing it. Davies is the most inconsistant defender I've seen in recent years - as proved by his performance on Saturday - a calamity in the first 45 an absolute beast in the second half. Shorey isn't good enough and there is no saying how Bouma's gonna be. Stan is gonna miss start of the season - but hopefully if John stays fit for 38 games he should be pushing the 20 league goal mark (presuming he gets pen duty).We need a top class centre half - someone who can marshall the defence, a top centre midfielder - someone who can get forward, and another forward.As well as cover at fullback. If we were to get all of those then I'd say top 6 but I don't see it happening in 4 weeks.Hopefully we priorotise the cups, I'd rather take a hit in the league and finish 10th or something and go all out for the cups than just finish 7th or 8th.League CupPlease be us! Will plump for Fulham thoughFA CupArsenalChampions LeagueChelsea :( I think they'll finally do it. They've got a great team for Europe, a great European Cup manager and they've been bloody close the last 2 years.La LigaReal MadridBallon D'Or/FIFA World Player of the YearMessiFinal Premier League Standings1. Man Utd2. Liverpool3. Chelsea4. Arsenal5. Man City6. Spurs7. Everton8. Villa9. Bolton - Megson is building a class side10. Sunderland11. West Ham12. Blackburn - big sam will see them safe13. Fulham - Europa league and a small squad will see them fall I reckon.14. Wolves15. Wigan16. Birmingham17. Stoke18. Burnley19. Portsmouth20. HullWill be editing in weeks coming though due to signings etc

Dunno how man are doing full league tables in July.So many things can happen in just August...Infact you need about another 3 months to have any idea.Arsenal depend on how they start for top 4, and who they buy to challenge. Wenger's teams always do better when generally written off. Come like its his tactic.Man City depend on how they start, the press believe in them more than the players will, so if they can keep the right mentality is key cos they got a lot of "hey I'm getting paid anyway" players and "f*ck you it was your fault I'm too good for this club anyway" players, and there cup form plays a role.Same for Spurs cup form. If either of them play just 40 games this season, gonna be hard for them to not make top 4.Chelsea depends on how the Italian does and how the players respond to him after the honeymoon is over.Man United, loss of Ronaldo and Tevez. Can Rooney, Berbatov, Owen step up, what formation are they even gonna play?Liverpool seem the most settled, but they havent really added anyone, except a RB and thats 1 in, 1 out and RBs dont win you leagues, plus Alonso going, and if Mascherano joins him they are f*cked big time.Villa challenged the hardest last season tgo break the top 4, but fell short cos there squad wasnt big enough, it still aint big enough and judging by O'Neill's comments they feel inferior to Man City already.Everton squad is still thin, but they got Jo for a whole season, might keep Saha fit, Yakubu back & Arteta too, so attacking wise they pretty then the end of last season, but then Jagielka out for start and Lescott might got sold, so there problems are just changing to another part of the pitch...Plus both Everton and Villa got European, league & cup football to deal with, its too much with their squads...Then are the rest of the teams in the league left really gonna challenge as much weekly as last year? Let me take away West Ham who should be safe, and Fulham provided Europe football doesnt kill them, and the rest of the teams all just want to beat relegation. So there will be plenty of defence vs attack games next season...

Guest faze .

I just cant see man city breaking TOP 4, mark Hughes is a clown, and with all the cash he hasn't bought any one spectacular although tevez will prob do very well for them.For us, we should get top half but i dont think well be threatening anyone because harry is being a c*nt in the market, and currently we aint good enough/balanced.ATM i think arsenal are gonna struggle aswell....looks like its gonna be a close but poor season for most teams

looks like its gonna be a close but poor season for most teams
!!!!Look down the league and I look at who's considerably stronger than last season (not including promoted teams), Man City, Bolton, Sunderland and probably Spurs cos of how bad you started last year.But the rest of the league has either stood still or looks weaker, it's f*cked. There are literally 9,10 teams who just want to stay up this season.

• 2 weeks later...

Saturday, 15 August 2009Aston Villa v Wigan, 15:00 Blackburn v Man City, 15:00 Bolton v Sunderland, 15:00 Chelsea v Hull, 12:45 Everton v Arsenal, 17:30 Portsmouth v Fulham, 15:00 Stoke v Burnley, 15:00 Wolverhampton v West Ham, 15:00 Sunday, 16 August 2009Man Utd v Birmingham, 13:30 Tottenham v Liverpool, 16:00 red = winyellow = drawand im going to earmark for relegationwolvesbirminghampompeyhullwigan could also be in trouble depending on how martinez startstop scorersdrogbatorresrooneyeduardolampardedit wrong room beg u move this to sports room

Top 4Chelsea,LiverpoolMan UtdArsenalThink these 4 will be the closest they have been for a while. Don't see anyone opening up huge gaps. Even though the media are writing off Arsenal i think they were one of the few teams in the league that even without signing could go on and improve. Having said that a few injuries to some of our better players and we'll be in the mixer for 4th - 6th place. Utd's team just don't strike the fear they once did, looked at thier line up for the charity shield and they are definately weaker. Chelsea will always be in the mix as think they have the best squad. Liverpool have a great 1st 11, behind that i'm not so sure. If they keep there main players fit i can see them winning it.5th - Villa, 6th City, 7th Everton. - Could be interchangeable and Spurs could easily be in there, good squad but with harry in charge they are probably in line for a season of some joke decisions. Everton maybe don't have the squad of the other two just yet. Think City may either start well then collapse, or start poorly and then put a good run together a lot of players who may not want it if things are going bad. Don't see them as a threat....yet. Going DownHull, Pompey, Burley, - Think wigan may surprisingly struggle along with the other new boys also.Top GoalscorerTorresDrogbaRooneyPlayer of the Year ArshavinMy Team - ArsenalThink we'll surprise a few people but could equally do sh*t. Our 1st 11 is good enough to challenge. If we keep the core group of our 15/16 best players mainly fit we'd challenge. But with our track record we'll come unstuck and probably Denilson will again end up playing 40 games. Just hope Shava, Cesc and RVP can stay fit and supported by the rest of the team. If wenger signs a CB and a DM then it is deifnately on, but looks like he won't.