Have the goverment just started watching the wire?

The Somalian

Was watching the news and see this report and it reminded me of the amsterdam ting they showed on the wire the other week surely the guys who wrote this report never based it on the show but in all honesty it makes sense and no i dont really think they watched the wire and came up with this report (for those of you who can not tell when im taking the piss) Proposal to not put dealers in prison to win drug war. By Bob Roberts 31/07/2009 Police should turn a blind eye to drug dealers if they want to stamp out street crime, a controversial report says.Locking them up does no good and could even lead to violence as new villains fight it out to fill the gaps, experts warned in a report yesterday.Instead, they said, police should allow some dealers to ply their trade - and merely ask them to move away from residential neighbourhoods.The UK Drugs Policy Commission's paper suggested crime-busting crackdowns can be counter-productive.The group's chief executive Roger Howard said police work should not be "limited to the traditional role of arresting as many dealers as possible in anticipation of reducing supply". He added: "Drug markets will inevitably remain."The report said: "Drug enforcement efforts have focused on arrests and seizures with the aim of reducing supply. But markets are quick to adapt."The study said a better strategy would be "seeking to displace a market to another area where it will have less impact".Dismissing the report, the Home Office said "tough enforcement is fundamental".But Lib Dem spokesman Chris Huhne said: "The Government's current enforcement policy barely scratches the surface when measured by the availability or street price of drugs."The enormous rise in cocaine use last year shows its negligible impact on the drugs market. We need to focus on what works."Last week figures revealed cocaine use rocketed by 25% in England and Wales in 2008.

of course they do because not they can probely launch some £30 million iniativeand start paying consultants 500k each to help which they dont really just getting paid and scratching each others backs with these consultancy fees and other bollocks I would love to see how much the report cost to produce and where the money wentif you keep on locking up dealers you will keep on getting power struggles which means more violence more murders etc if run properly it could work dont know why the goverment dont try and adpat to this thing rather trying to ignore it and a pointless fight to erdicate it

The way they ridicule weed is a joke. Hundreds of thousands of people die from alcohol, violence from alcohol, adultery.I aint heard no deaths from Weed.
you mean except all these schizophrenics who exacerbate their mental health problems by smoking weed and then kill themselves and/or go on stabbing sprees?

The way they ridicule weed is a joke. Hundreds of thousands of people die from alcohol, violence from alcohol, adultery.I aint heard no deaths from Weed.
you mean except all these schizophrenics who exacerbate their mental health problems by smoking weed and then kill themselves and/or go on stabbing sprees?
alcohol related issues far outweigh anything people can say about weed and im even talking sex crimes and incest due to alcoholism, there is no comparison, weed is a harmonious drug

alcohol related issues far outweigh anything people can say about weed and im even talking sex crimes and incest due to alcoholism, there is no comparison, weed is a harmonious drug
c/s

c/s
c/sit's hard to believe that 40%of the NHS money is spent on treating people injured/ill due to alcohol related incidents

c/s
c/sit's hard to believe that 40%of the NHS money is spent on treating people injured/ill due to alcohol related incidents
serious!?got a source, I wanna read.