Chamakh "in London"

TF S4DK

Skysports.com understands that Arsenal and Sunderland target Marouane Chamakh is in London.The Moroccan international has been left fuming by Bordeaux's decision to reject bids from the Premier League duo.Sunderland's offer was understood to have matched or been very close to Bordeaux's valuation of the player, but their coach Laurent Blanc stated he was too good to join the North East club.Now Arsenal have come in for the 25-year-old - but their bid has been rejected.Arsenal are understood to have offered just £5million, an offer president Jean-Louis Triaud has branded 'ridiculous' as the club are believed to be looking for at least double that figure."What Wenger proposes is not decent," he stated.But now events have taken a fresh turn as Chamakh missed Bordeaux's clash with Villarreal on Sunday.Blanc confirmed he was informed by the player he could not play, saying: "I received a phone call on Saturday evening. He told me he was sick and I am forced to believe it."Despite Chamakh missing the match, it now transpires he is in England as he looks to try and push through a move to the Premier League.And Chamakh shows no signs of relenting over his stance as he launched a fresh attack on Bordeaux."I am angry, I am disgusted and I do not understand why they have done that," he told L'Equipe when asked about Arsenal's offer being rejected."One thing is certain, I will not be signing a new contract - if they will not let me go now, I will leave for free."If a solution cannot be found quickly, everyone will lose. Frankly I really do not want to start the season with Bordeaux."Chamakh is infuriated that neither Sunderland or Arsenal can agree terms with Bordeaux."Already I am told that Sunderland is not the club for me," he continued."But since when does a club chose the future of a player? Then my bosses tell me they will let me go to one of the 'Big Four' like Arsenal."And then when an offer comes in, it is refused because they want a bigger fee as I have one-year left on my contract."Everything is being done to prevent my move, I do not understand given how much service I have given to Bordeaux."Joining Arsenal is my dream. My agents are in talks with Arsenal and I really hope it will go off smoothly. I don't want to start a trail of strength with my officials."

I dunno why people say we should get a dm B4 we get a striker.....If Wenger wants a player he aint gonna wait to get another player in another position.You choose who you want then go buy them, there doesnt need 2 be no order to it. Man understands that people think a DM is more priority than a striker but if hes striker target is avilable do you expect him to not get him cos he don't have his dm target.....

Guest Tulse Hill

They way people think hes coming as a clinical striker, The fact he can chip in with goals given his role in the team is what u should be looking at, one in four is very good.He has outjumped and out muscled every defender in Ligue 1 and considering they are big strong defenders thats a compliment, he has pace to his game which is unique for a guy of his demeaner allowing wenger to be versitle with him, if Rio thought Ade gave him problems then this boy will trouble him big time.You could say he's like C.Ronaldo but more cultured at playing the striknig role.I am happy for him to come here.

Bordeaux president Jean-Louis Triaud is waiting for Arsenal to improve their offer for Marouane Chamakh.Arsene Wenger is a known admirer of the Moroco international and it has been suggested the Gunners boss could look to secure his services following Emmanuel Adebayor's move to Manchester City.Premier League rivals Sunderland have already failed in their attempt to sign Chamakh, while it is claimed that Arsenal have seen a £5.95million bid turned down by Bordeaux.Triaud rates Chamakh as highly as Bafetimbi Gomis, who recently joined Lyon from St Etienne, despite the 25-year-old entering the final year of his current contract.He told RMC: "We said we would facilitate his transfer to a big club."But if Gomis is worth €15million (£12.7million), Marouane is worth at least as much."Arsenal made an offer of €7million on Monday. Since then I have not had any contact with them. It is up to them to decide."

They way people think hes coming as a clinical striker, The fact he can chip in with goals given his role in the team is what u should be looking at, one in four is very good.He has outjumped and out muscled every defender in Ligue 1 and considering they are big strong defenders thats a compliment, he has pace to his game which is unique for a guy of his demeaner allowing wenger to be versitle with him, if Rio thought Ade gave him problems then this boy will trouble him big time.You could say he's like C.Ronaldo but more cultured at playing the striknig role.I am happy for him to come here.
I would of said something like this but I'm sure people are getting tired of me talking about big, strong target men.

Chamakh is on French radio now ..* He said he has never been in London, it was BS. He was just sick and couldn't play with the rest of the team.* There's 2 Clubs interrested in him, Sunderland et Arsenal, he wants to join one of those Clubs.* He said to his president that he wanted to leave, it's his wish, but if it's not possible he'll stay at Bordeaux.* He think he worth not more than £5m. And he understands that Arsenal dont want to offer more.* Wenger has never called him, it's his agents who are working on the deal.Interview with RMChttp://www.rmc.fr/edito/sport/85626/chamak...nt-si-je-reste/http://goonertalk.com/2009/08/03/chamakh-i...n-5m-interview/http://arsenal-mania.com/forum/viewtopic.p...9&start=960

Chamakh is on French radio now ..* He said he has never been in London, it was BS. He was just sick and couldn't play with the rest of the team.* There's 2 Clubs interrested in him, Sunderland et Arsenal, he wants to join one of those Clubs.* He said to his president that he wanted to leave, it's his wish, but if it's not possible he'll stay at Bordeaux.* He think he worth not more than £5m. And he understands that Arsenal dont want to offer more.* Wenger has never called him, it's his agents who are working on the deal.Interview with RMChttp://www.rmc.fr/edito/sport/85626/chamak...nt-si-je-reste/http://goonertalk.com/2009/08/03/chamakh-i...n-5m-interview/http://arsenal-mania.com/forum/viewtopic.p...9&start=960
This is enough to put me off a player.One of those clubs? Arsenal or SUNDERLAND?SMH at us tbh when he's not telling everyone that he want's to be at Arsenal.

Nah not whose in for him that's not what I meant.True it might not mean alot if he comes here and moves mountains... but why isit Arsenal is his dream move but he wants to go to us OR sunderland, like really he's not bothered either way. I'd just prefer him to be fully on playing for Arsenal, stopped short of saying do not want though.And I thought I was missing something when I read that ^^^, as far as I knew he was trying to sell himself to them, not them trying to come in and highjack the move... not that it has anything to do with my feelings though.

Arsene Wenger has revealed that he will not be upping his efforts to bring Marouane Chamakh to Arsenal.The Gunners boss had enquired as to the Bordeaux striker's availability, and has lodged an offer he deems to be acceptable.However, the French champions are stalling on any possible deal as they hold out for more money.Wenger is reluctant to improve his bid and has admitted that, in his eyes, the agreement is dead unless Bordeaux change their stance."In five months, if he doesn't prolong his contract, Chamakh will be free to talk to any club and Bordeaux won't get anything," the Frenchman told L'Equipe."In the current context, to me, it is over. Let's say that at the moment it is terminated."I like Chamakh, he is a forward that attracts me, but I already have (Theo) Walcott, (Nicklas) Bendtner, (Robin) Van Persie, (Andriy) Arshavin and Eduardo. I am in no rush."My offer seems fair to me, taking the market into account. Chamakh would be good, but there are other options should we wish to pursue them."With his patience pushed to breaking point, Wenger will be pleased to hear that Bordeaux could be about to lower their demands.Club chairman Jean-Louis Triaud has revealed that he may be prepared to slash the €18million (£15.3m) price-tag recently placed on Chamakh's head."I am an admirer of Marouane's qualities and that is why I set the price so high," he said."I will admit that the fee I quoted is excessive, but Arsenal's offer is still a long way short."I won't say that I will hold out for €18million, but Bordeaux need to benefit from this deal as well.