Fedor signs to Strikeforce!!!

JWP

Fedor Emelianenko has signed a multi-fight agreement that will see the world’s No. 1-ranked heavyweight compete for Strikeforce, the promotion announced Monday. Emelianenko, who became a free agent after Affliction Entertainment canceled its Aug. 1 event two weeks ago, will make his debut on Showtime under a co-promoted Strikeforce/M-1 Global production this fall. Emelianenko was to have faced Josh Barnett at Affliction “Trilogy” on Aug. 1, but Barnett failed a pre-fight test for an anabolic steroid and was refused licensure by the California State Athletic Commission."Strikeforce is a top fight promotion that houses some of the greatest fighters in the world," said Emelianenko in a press release. "I am prepared to fight any of them."Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker told Sherdog.com last week that he plans to match the stoic Russian against the likes of Brett Rogers, Fabricio Werdum and the promotion’s heavyweight champion, Alistair Overeem.“I feel pretty confident that we could give him four or five opponents that would make sense for him,” Coker told Sherdog.com in an exclusive video interview. Emelianenko, along with his promoters and management team at M-1 Global, had negotiated with the UFC last week, but could not come to an agreement over co-promotion."Fedor is a f---ing joke," UFC President Dana White responded Monday after learning that Emelianenko had signed with Strikeforce. “He turns down a huge deal and the opportunity to face the best in the world to fight nobodies for no money!"This article was updated at 3:52 p.m. EST with a quote from Dana White that UFC officials sent directly to Sherdog.com.
Was getting pretty obvious towards the end of last week that Fedor/M-1 Global and Dana wern't gonna reach an agreement.

What a f*ck*ng shambles if this carries on it will turn into what boxing is today top fighters all avoiding each other Overeems champ Brett Rogers is there aswell could be interesting probably wont be thoughArlovski gave Fedor more problems than he gave Rogers so who knows.

Exactly. No other heavyweights really worth watching in Strikeforce to be honest.Overeem (their champion) has been beaten by Nogueira a few times. I'm not sure whether Fedor was ducking the challenge or he was just angry that Dana wouldn't let M-1 Glabal co-promote UFC events. Either way it's just damn stupid on Fedor's part.

I'm gonna say itf*ck FEDOR HE'S A DISSAPOINTMENT AND HE'S DAMM RIGHT SHOOKNESS THAT HAS LED HIM TO NOW OPENLY AVOID THE LIKES OF COUTURE MIR NOG AND BROCK IS LEADING ME TO SAY HE CANT BE CONSIDERED THE NO.1 HEAVYWEIGHT IN THE WORLD ANYMORE f*ck HIM I am overly dissapointed right nowhe should've at least signed a 3 match deal and fought the three top boys at least to just be able to say he's undisputedly the best