Crocked Witter is a quitter

mr_r

so much for him giving it the big talk how he was better then amir khan and amir feared him....JUNIOR WITTER quit on his stool to hand Devon Alexander the vacant WBC light-welterweight title. The Hitter had vowed to force a Battle of Britain with Amir Khan by reclaiming the belt he lost to Timothy Bradley in May 2008. But Witter failed to come out of his corner for the ninth round — blaming an injury for the poor performance. He said: "My elbow went in round four. I battled through for a few rounds but I couldn't keep doing it. "I wasn't able to box the way I wanted to and I decided it was time to let it go. "It was a mutual agreement with my corner. As much as I wanted to do it, I just wasn't able to. "It wasn't that I wanted to quit, because I knew I could win. "I just wasn't there on the night. I don't think it's my last fight but I've got to decide where I go now. "I need to get away for a bit and let my injuries heal." Despite his determination to box on, Witter will realise he faces a long, hard road back when he watches a replay of the fight. He was cut above his right eye early on and Alexander picked him off at will when a number of wild punches left his chin unprotected. The 35-year-old was left battling to stay on his feet on more than one occasion — clinging on for dear life before a combination of the ropes and the bell came to his rescue. At the end of the eighth, he was warned by referee Glenn Trowbridge for repeatedly holding as he battled to survive. And the ticking off proved to be the final straw with Witter calling time on his world title tilt.

bruv no offence but there's actually already a topic on this fightslashis witter now no longer a real challenger and instead gonna become the gatekeeper for the up and comers in the jr welter division?
thanks bruvto me it looks like this might be the case, but khan got clattered and came back strong...witter needs to knock his arogance down a peg or two and maybe he will do well.

i still think witter would destroy khan in a clash
lol sameDidnt Danny Williams fight with a broken arm once? And end up KO'ing his opponent? I understand WHY Quitter decided to give up but there's an unwritten rule in boxing where you shouldnt ever really quit. Especially when you talk SO much sh*t like Quitter has.Quitter/Witter...he really must have thought that through before giving up lol.