USB issue

Heero Yuy

ok so the problem i have is when i connect any usb device into any usb port on my computer freeze's. I mean even the lights on the keyboard freeze. The only way i can unfreeze my computer is too unplug the device oand then plug the usb device back in and quickly take it back out again...I've tried uninstalling usb drivers and letting windows reinstall them when i restart the compTheres nothing in event viewer after this happens like error code or a crash logchecked the bios and all usb options are enabled properlyI've reinstalled motherboard drivers and installed updates from the manufacturer In fact i've narrowed it down to an issue with the below52318984.pngif i disable the item i've circled...usb devices will charge through the usb i.e a phone or mp3 player but won't interact or sync with the computer, but the computer will not freeze if i disable the circled item.Now if i enable the circled device while a usb device is already connected the system will just freeze again. I've also reinstalled windows, although i have not formatted yet as this problem doesn't seem like it will be solved via format.I think the solution is to get a powered usb hub you guys got any advice

Yeah its a desktop mate, i was thinking when its connected and drawing power aswell as interfacing with the computer it maybe shorting out the power circuitry some how. Which was why i was thinking powered usb hub, but myabe your actually right about getting a usb pci card, will try thisThanks