Do youts need religion

Grafter

had a brief conversation with my mums bredrin, shes doin some play centre over the summer so i asked her hows it goinshe said right now shes got a bunch of church youts, so they are god fearing and behaving themselves, she says the nex bunch of youts are just wild an damn right out of orderI think children need some form of moral teachings, which more time only comes from religionwhen u look at all the bible stories that you learnt as a child, it all affects your conscience, it seems like a lot of this generation of youts they dont have no sense of consequence or regard or empathywhats the alternative moral structure and foundations to religion if there is one?and u may be able to say, well i grew up an my parents are atheists and im fine, or theres no religion in ur household, but i would say ur a minoritythoughts?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

religion can take the place of a sh*t parent maybethe problem is 2 many sh*t parents
thing is no one is perfect everyone makes mistakes innitso to have a moral structure behind u, at least to know right from wrong, at least to know these things, even if a yout sees their parents f*ckin up, they will know within them that they ain the right way to liverather than having no idea, an jus following what they see, which is what the youts are doin nowadays

where does morality come into ambition and achievable goalsthey can have them, and still be successful ruthless, immoral human beingsbefore they reach them goals or even begin to achieve them, they need a structure that will provide moral groundation imo

where does morality come into ambition and achievable goalsthey can have them, and still be successful ruthless, immoral human beingsbefore they reach them goals or even begin to achieve them, they need a structure that will provide moral groundation imo
Morality is down to how they are raised. If importance is placed on following laws and being respectful then morality has a strong influence on the kind of goals and ambitions they choose. Religion isn't needed for morality. It can be a solid form of it, but it isn't required.PS: I didn't really read the topic, I just kinda skimmed through and posted my first bit.

lol at being on the internet talkin like you know about wut yout need
TBH.its all about talking to the kid personally and finding out what's up, if they don't want to talk, ohwell!
im talkin generally on a higher level, and it is possible to talk about what society needs on the internetactin like i only exist on the internet

I think children need some form of moral teachings, which more time only comes from religion...whats the alternative moral structure and foundations to religion if there is one?
LegoFace.jpg
thoughts?
do youts need religion? in short, no imo.plenty of people follow religion and still lack morals. some of the worst people in history have been religious. tbh i dont agree with your logic.

too many man have no fear of God, Yeah religion offers structure and discipline, but its too restrictive for the complexities of this disenchanted generationThey need the right education, not basics, respect, knowledge, and a little more respect
i agree

Agree to a certain point. Religion is good in certain ways (teaching morals, respect, family life etc) but all that extra bullshit attached (believing in god, god loves everyone, noah built an arc *I'm being flippant*) can nullify all the 'good' things about religion.Kids, and to a certain extent society needs to have discipline instilled to them. This it seems needs to be done by parents. The buck lies with the parents if they have allowed their kid to be unruly.