Postmodernism

PopT

this is the way i understand it, you see in kill bill, in the final fight scene, instead of dramatic music youd expect, he uses some spanish funk tune for the soundtrack. a deconstruction of the predictable stuff u normally see in cinema. anything non-linear and unconventional can be argue to be postmodern.a more cynical look at this word id cite charlie brooker:

Postmodernism Everyone vaguely understands what "postmodernism" is, yet no one actually knows what it means. Close your eyes and toss a shoe across the room and the chances are you'll hit something postmodern, especially if you're a saddo with a house full of po-faced furnishings.Critics claim the term postmodern is merely a polite substitute for "smart-arsed". Post-modernists simultaneously agree and disagree with this analysis in a morally relativistic, smart-arsed sort of way, before disappearing in a puff of irony and reappearing on the panel of a pointless late-night cultural review show aimed at the sort of simpering d*ck who chuckles politely in theatres each time one of the characters cracks a joke about King Lear or Nietzsche or the French or criticism or politics or architecture or any of the other subjects playwrights like to crack miserably piss-weak jokes about for an audience of several dozen tittering eggheads.In summary, the single most important function of post-modernism is to give medium-wave intellectuals a clever-sounding phrase to masturbate with while the rest of us get on with our lives and ignore them.

this is the way i understand it, you see in kill bill, in the final fight scene, instead of dramatic music youd expect, he uses some spanish funk tune for the soundtrack. a deconstruction of the predictable stuff u normally see in cinema. anything non-linear and unconventional can be argue to be postmodern.a more cynical look at this word id cite charlie brooker:
Postmodernism Everyone vaguely understands what "postmodernism" is, yet no one actually knows what it means. Close your eyes and toss a shoe across the room and the chances are you'll hit something postmodern, especially if you're a saddo with a house full of po-faced furnishings.Critics claim the term postmodern is merely a polite substitute for "smart-arsed". Post-modernists simultaneously agree and disagree with this analysis in a morally relativistic, smart-arsed sort of way, before disappearing in a puff of irony and reappearing on the panel of a pointless late-night cultural review show aimed at the sort of simpering d*ck who chuckles politely in theatres each time one of the characters cracks a joke about King Lear or Nietzsche or the French or criticism or politics or architecture or any of the other subjects playwrights like to crack miserably piss-weak jokes about for an audience of several dozen tittering eggheads.In summary, the single most important function of post-modernism is to give medium-wave intellectuals a clever-sounding phrase to masturbate with while the rest of us get on with our lives and ignore them.
Charlie Brooker >> _____

ayxbgn.jpg
LMFAOPostmodernism, f*ck*ng hate that term.Had to write an essay on that. Most definitions and books about I have come across don't explain it properly enough to have a solid foundation t work upon. They normally just dance around it and chat a whole bag of sh*t that isn't really relevant to what you need to know. Glad I never have to deal with it again.

ayxbgn.jpg
LMFAOPostmodernism, f*ck*ng hate that term.Had to write an essay on that. Most definitions and books about I have come across don't explain it properly enough to have a solid foundation t work upon. They normally just dance around it and chat a whole bag of sh*t that isn't really relevant to what you need to know. Glad I never have to deal with it again.
hehehe in the same boat