Martial Arts

Em Dott

can't be smoking weed and popping bottles the night before an early boxing training session

/

look into sambo or that israeli krav maga sh*t if you wanna break bones on road. altough from waht i understand krav maga is a bit too dangerous, might end up doing a life sentence if you use it

Guest M12 Part 2

ive been saying i wana start boxing for time! I need to roll down to a gym soon. I started one gym in moss when i was like 16. I left though because the trainer wouldnt let me throw a punch until i was fit

lolwtf?

guy sounds like a dumbass

I didn't/still don't know any better. Got to the point where it was just what's the point paying to run around. Don't think I actually learned anything about actual boxing the whole time.

Why's he going to waste his time training you if you haven't got the dedication..if he tells you to go work on your fitness then you do it he's going to know you're serious about the training.. if you quit he knows somewhere down the line you most probs would of quit after he put his faith and time in you or whatever.. the strict teacher/trainers are the best for you..eventho moretime you hate them every training session :lol:

Props on that Carpe. You ever do competitions?

My bredrin was kickboxing world champ for one year, though I don't know his weight class, but his name is Michael "Venom" Page. Some of you may have heard of him. After seeing some video where man did some Hwaroang style 720 kick on someone I am bang on it.

Natty, I just emailed them asking them about costs so hopefully they'll get back to me soon.

Michael "Venom" Page>>>>>>>>>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csphiyfPjso

How you gonna ko a man and start breakdancing :rofl:

• Upvote 3

fair point but fitness is hardly a trick like that wax on wax off sh*t... it's just a vital part of boxing..no point throwing a punch if you can't throw enough to win the fight.

Yeah obviously captain obvious

but you dont get fit for boxing by not throwing any punches

the actual craft of boxing can be learnt/performed without a particularly high level of fitness actually...in fact the higher level of skill, the less fitness you need. Good boxers of course very rarely enter the ring without said level of fitness due to them not taking sh*t for granted. But James Toney is an example of a master craftsman who was never really fit and relied solely on skill.

mate if you're training (punching) and you're not fit you're just going to get tired quickly then start getting sloppy with the punches..when your just starting out being sloppy is bad because then you pick up bad habbits which may be harder to lose in the long run than if you just got fit first.

imo there's a minimum fitness level you need before you should even throw a punch and the guy obviously didn't think he had that.. and i wasn't talking about being REALLY fit, i was just talking about generally being fit..the person you said may not of been really fit but the fact is he's still fit enough to throw punches and not get tired after couple combos... most people starting out haven't even got that fitness yet.

mate if you're training (punching) and you're not fit you're just going to get tired quickly then start getting sloppy with the punches..when your just starting out being sloppy is bad because then you pick up bad habbits which may be harder to lose in the long run than if you just got fit first.

imo there's a minimum fitness level you need before you should even throw a punch and the guy obviously didn't think he had that.. and i wasn't talking about being REALLY fit, i was just talking about generally being fit..the person you said may not of been really fit but the fact is he's still fit enough to throw punches and not get tired after couple combos... most people starting out haven't even got that fitness yet.

bro i dunno why you're tryna defend this nuts trainer

you don't take kids who are keen to learn to box and have them running sprints and doing 5am roadwork without ever letting them hit a bag, that's just silly

Depends what you sign up for though because round here there's boxing gyms where you get a trainer and he prepares you for fights etc then there's gyms where you just pay a membership (like a weights gym) and mess about on the bags for a bit while the 'instructor' gives you tips etc.. i assumed he signed up for the first one

• 8 months later...