GREASY

NO SUNSHINE

_46190211_c244-09cctv3-1.jpg
Robbers stole nearly £40m of items from a London jewellers in what police say was Britain's second biggest robbery.Two men with handguns threatened staff at Graff jewellers in New Bond Street on 6 August before taking 43 items. They dragged a female member of staff outside as they left the shop and fired a shot, although no-one was injured. CCTV images of the two men have been issued. The £40m haul is exceeded only by the £53m raid on a Securitas depot in Kent in 2006, a Met spokesman said. 'Extremely dangerous'Det Ch Insp Pam Mace from the Flying Squad said: "This was a well planned robbery with a number of vehicles used to help the robbers escape. "These men are extremely dangerous and fired at least two shots in busy London streets as they made their getaway. More than 40 items were taken "Someone knows who these men are, they would undoubtedly have spoken about it beforehand or boasted about it afterwards." The "smartly dressed" pair escaped in a blue BMW. They fired once while leaving the store and then again in Dover Street where they abandoned the BMW, police said. The robbers then got into a silver Mercedes and drove into Farm Street where it is believed some of the suspects got into another vehicle, possibly a black Ford Galaxy or Volkswagen Sharan. The first suspect is described as white, about 30 years old, slim and between 5ft 10ins and 6ft tall. The other man is described as black, in his 30s, 6ft tall, more well- built than the first suspect, with very short hair.
SHEEEEZZhttp://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8195740.stm

this is old news tho. happened last week. thats the same street that i was ramping about when i was seeing whips like im in monacoalso this is good for them cos the men were 'smartly dressed'. no hooded young black man or chav has stolen £40m in this country EVER.but they woudlnt stop and search them would they.the store doesnt need to worry cos its insured.

These kind of big crimes happen more often then we think. A lot of the time they aren't reported because there is a media blackout (at the request of feds) or the company doesn't want to scare off customers who think they are un-safe.When I worked for a media monitoring company I used to see reports like this all the time (not all for huge amounts). However, because of CCTV and their large mouths, the majority got caught.

i cannot see how a jeweleery store with all those gems cannot invest into cameras that can count the hair on your head tbhif im the insurance company i woudlnt pay out cos of that
they probably have but if they gave out an even more detailed photo, certain people would be catching up with these guys before the police.

i cannot see how a jeweleery store with all those gems cannot invest into cameras that can count the hair on your head tbhif im the insurance company i woudlnt pay out cos of that
So true. I SMH when I'm watching Crimewatch and it's some juddery black and white image that takes a grainy photo every 5 seconds.Even Maplin do a basic CCTV system that is camcorder quality.

they shoudl at least get £5m or more out of this... i hope they dont get caught. they didnt harm anyone and it doesnt affect the recession or nuffin.
thought this also but they did take a woman hostagealso considering they stole 40m and this was a carefully planned operation there is a great likelyhood that these people are involved in organised crime, whether it be money lending, drugs, or simply gangstersnot about letting them people go

they shoudl at least get £5m or more out of this... i hope they dont get caught. they didnt harm anyone and it doesnt affect the recession or nuffin.
:!: Not directly no, but insurance companies have to make money from somewhere so believe me the nation of tax payers will pay for this one way or another thats all. Just like any other heist.