Parking Offenses and Loopholes

Em Dott

Does anyone know any loopholes for a parking offence?The image shows a car with the driver still in the car on double yellow, but the driver never parked there. Probably pulled over to check something quickly and then drove off.Anyways, the alleged offence was on 2nd July this year, but the PCN sent out was dated 7th August, so just last week.Isn't there a thing where they have to issue it within 14 days of the offence or something?If someone can find me a source to back it up as well it would e appreciated.

NIP must be sent within 2 weeks of the alleged offence. So they're within the limits.Doesn't matter if you didn't park, you stopped.Double yellow + overzealous camera man = f*cked.Edit: read it wrong.The 2 week rule will be relevant if he decides to fight it in court.I very much doubt the council will bow down if he just mentions it in an appeal letter.It's worth a shot.The 2 week rule is sketchy as well.It depends who caught him, and what branch of the council/police they are under.Was it a traffic warden, a camera operator, or a police (line patrol)?

i find it ironic, the once proud african man standing upon the plains surveying the landscape, who became shackled into slavery and shipped into europe to work the fields, is now taking his revenge by meating out parking tickets and fines as and when he see's fit, really gets you thinking imo

just do what i ALWAYS do. You have 14 days to reply and pay a 50% reduction.Wait till day 13 and send them an email making up some gas about why the fine should not be issued. Appeal on compassionate grounds if you want.Once the email has been received (you will get an automatic reply) the fine is frozen untill they reply to you by post.Last 5 times i have done this twice they withdrew the fine, once i had to pay (the reduced rate) and twice they took so long to reply they had to send me a letter saying the fines were waived due to them ''legally supassing the time limit to respond to my letter'So out of 5 times GASSING i paid ONCE.........................................................................PCN Number: *******Registration Mark: *******I AM WRITING TO CHALLENGE THIS PCN AS AT THE TIME THERE WAS NO SIGNS GIVING THE BUS LANE TIME OF OPERATION..........................................................................PCN NUM: *******REG: ******DATE OF CONTRAVENTION: 13/02/09DATE OF NOTICE: 20/02/2009 I am not denying that this contravention occurred and I am willing to pay this fine. HOWEVER the date on the notice reads 20/02/09 while the notice did not come through my door until 14/03/09. Going by the date on the notice I would have already missed the 21 day opportunity to pay the reduced fine of £50. This is hardly fair and I would like to still have the chance to pay the reduced amount. May I reiterate that I AM WILLING to admit the offense indeed did occur but i am finding the full £100 request a bit hard to swallow considering the date i received the notice through my door.DIDN'T END UP PAYING ON EITHER

Safe for that Hardface. Will suggest that.Had one opportunity to make it invalid but my girl's mum f*cked up by not putting Ms. It was addressed to a Miss ____________. Could have said it wasn't her but she put Miss on her logbook.However, the image they are using as evidence of the contravention has the time as 13:23. However, they state the contravention occurred at 13:25. I'm searching to find out if this invalidates it but it's taking slightly longer because it's not really clear on the sites I'm coming across. I reckon there is ground for it to be made invalid but if anyone knows it would help a lot.

i find it ironic, the once proud african man standing upon the plains surveying the landscape, who became shackled into slavery and shipped into europe to work the fields, is now taking his revenge by meating out parking tickets and fines as and when he see's fit, really gets you thinking imo
lol deep.

just do what i ALWAYS do. You have 14 days to reply and pay a 50% reduction.Wait till day 13 and send them an email making up some gas about why the fine should not be issued. Appeal on compassionate grounds if you want.Once the email has been received (you will get an automatic reply) the fine is frozen untill they reply to you by post.Last 5 times i have done this twice they withdrew the fine, once i had to pay (the reduced rate) and twice they took so long to reply they had to send me a letter saying the fines were waived due to them ''legally supassing the time limit to respond to my letter'So out of 5 times GASSING i paid ONCE.........................................................................PCN Number: *******Registration Mark: *******I AM WRITING TO CHALLENGE THIS PCN AS AT THE TIME THERE WAS NO SIGNS GIVING THE BUS LANE TIME OF OPERATION..........................................................................PCN NUM: *******REG: ******DATE OF CONTRAVENTION: 13/02/09DATE OF NOTICE: 20/02/2009 I am not denying that this contravention occurred and I am willing to pay this fine. HOWEVER the date on the notice reads 20/02/09 while the notice did not come through my door until 14/03/09. Going by the date on the notice I would have already missed the 21 day opportunity to pay the reduced fine of £50. This is hardly fair and I would like to still have the chance to pay the reduced amount. May I reiterate that I AM WILLING to admit the offense indeed did occur but i am finding the full £100 request a bit hard to swallow considering the date i received the notice through my door.DIDN'T END UP PAYING ON EITHER
If you live in Newham.............this will NOT workbut thats just newham might be different other places.

If you live in Newham.............this will NOT workbut thats just newham might be different other places.
or city of westminister

lol deep.

If you're going to appeal please write a professional letter which is gramatically correct.There's nothing which self kills more than a letter that sounds like it was written by a roadman trying to sound correct.
Slyly sending for me?

If you're going to appeal please write a professional letter which is gramatically correct.There's nothing which self kills more than a letter that sounds like it was written by a roadman trying to sound correct.
Slyly sending for me?
lol nar the guy above who posted his complaints

or city of westminister
I've had fines in both Newham AND Westminister. The Newham one worked, I drove off before man could snap any pics then gassed a letter. the Westminister one i paid cos the amount of photographic evidence they had was overwelming.

Slyly sending for me?
lol nar the guy above who posted his complaints
Then say that instead of pussyfooting around you pleb.1. I'm not and do not think i'm a road man.2. The 'letter' was knocked up fairly quickly 3. Why would I need to do it to a level that YOU deem fit when I've had previous success in the way I know how?
self kills
:arrow:

or city of westminister
I've had fines in both Newham AND Westminister. The Newham one worked, I drove off before man could snap any pics then gassed a letter. the Westminister one i paid cos the amount of photographic evidence they had was overwelming.
One case i just received a PCNI appealed saying i was in a pay and display bay when i was actually in a residential baythey then sent me a letter showing me 3 photosthen i swiftly paid that