Nuclear Energy

Guest Triple XXX

Guest Triple XXX

right, as u may see in a sec i know next to nothing about nuclear powerbut.i was watchin some documentary about some submarine, like 5000 tonnes or sutin, has uranium the size of a fist which was installed in 1989since then it hasnt been re-fueled oncenow, am i the only one wondering why we dont just use this?

Guest Triple XXX
because we dont know how to safely dispose of the waste
put it back where you found it?
why don't you read wikipedia and educate yourself insted of asking dumb questions on a forum?just a suggestion
i am readin on wikipedia lol bt i wanna discuss it it gets into some technical sh*t i cnt really f*ck itn im nt talkin bout puttin it in carsim talkin like nuclear power stationssurely technology has evolved whcih would keep accidents to a minimumbt the biggest safety issue will always be human error

All these arguments about nuclear energy not being safe are unfounded. Its buried enclosed in feet of concrete. The only way it will be destroyed is by an intentional attack. Even then, buried waste is radioactively not harmful due to the halflife of the material used.Nuclear energy by and large is safe, and as the OP stated is only non-renewable by definition, not in practice. Until the general public comprehend this and stop association Nuclear energy with the accident which happened in a then 3rd world country, it will not be used extensively.*France use it quite heavily but their babies are not coming out deformed*

Radiation is bad if it is weakly ionizing.Knocking off electrons from your cells causing them to reproduce whilst broken and become cancerous.Durrts its like a corrupted file being copied over and over again.
Yes, but that is alpha radiation and such radiation is stopped by paper.The only way you will die from this is if you actually lick inside the reactor.

Ukraine accident was f*cked, so f*cked!!!BUT, nuclear power is safer than in previous years.The reason why nuclear waste is hard to get rid of is due to the half life of the waste atoms are very long (50,000ish years), which is weak.Though, tbh I think they should research in thermonuclear energy, but maintaining it is so hard.

As its been said - accidents although rare have extreme and long lasting consequences. Plus, we don't know how to get rid of the waste - bury it in the ground works but...that's not really getting rid of it.Some people would argue its irresponsible to bury it in the ground leaving it for future generations to sort out - whick I agree with to an extent.I dunno - I'm sure its not as dangerous as people think but we should really focus on renewable energy - its so f*ck*ng windy in scotland - that's free energy just floating around in the air, all we need is a ton of big turbines to turn it into electricity. Also waves/currents in the sea.

All these arguments about nuclear energy not being safe are unfounded. Its buried enclosed in feet of concrete. The only way it will be destroyed is by an intentional attack. Even then, buried waste is radioactively not harmful due to the halflife of the material used.Nuclear energy by and large is safe, and as the OP stated is only non-renewable by definition, not in practice. Until the general public comprehend this and stop association Nuclear energy with the accident which happened in a then 3rd world country, it will not be used extensively.*France use it quite heavily but their babies are not coming out deformed*
What he said. Finished at Imperial yet?