Do You Think Long Distance Uni Relationship Can Work?

bane

It usually never works. Too much effort involved for either party. No matter how much love there is it'll just get looooong after a while. I've dealt and am still dealing with a chick that semi lives in the miami of all places. I'm tired of it already tbh, but she puts the effort in so I don't wanna break her heart (well not now anyways).But from previous realtionship I know its gonna end in tears (no doom).Titan - you guys survived 3 years in different unis ?!?!? Props bro !

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

exception to the rule is that it worked? sorry but isn't the exception proving that it can work.
The rule is that it doesn't work. The exception is that it did in your friend's case. You didn't really need him to spell that out.
the thing is, is that its not the rule though... at allrules are generally agreed upon... like if a girl has sex with a guy for the first time and then doesn't hear from him for more than 4 days after, usually thats nt a good signrules are baitbut pure people are in inter uni relationships, in fact i think most couples that are in relationships at our age do not go to the same uni'sand i personally knw of at least four that are doing fine; fine as in everyone trust everyone and if u would ask them they would say their happy, i dn't knw about cheating but i doubt it... at least on the part of the girls
Just because some people don't know the rule doesn't mean it's not a rule. If I drop a coin from the top of Big Ben it will reach maximum velocity. That's a rule but there's plenty of people that don't know it.

travelling every two weeks is a semi long distance relship lol. still you both made the efforttry being in the UK and she's in Athens Georgia (US) 3 yrs but knew each other for 1.5 before datingthe onus was on me to travel more as i had more free time so saw her about 5-7 times/ yr and we talked almost everyday considering the 5 hours time difference. its something that you can get very used to, if you really want to give it a chance.i felt very comfortable with the situation after the 1st yr. i would be dropping her in my convo like she was just a few miles away..pple were surprised that she was all the way in the US. the only thing with a long distance relship is there must be closure. thats the goal you both look forward to, and you have discussed (not just presume will happen). the goal being that you will both be near each other at a certain point in time. if you dont have that to look look forward to, then like anything you wont have a focus...no matter how good your relship is. it felt good that there was something to really look forward to. in our case the closure kept getting extended so it frustrated us.and we broke up.
even though i still think yur a fruit, i'm sorry to hear thatthis is what i considered to be a long distance relationship, and tbh i dn't think i could do it unless it was a temporary situation; temporary as in no more than a year

It usually never works. Too much effort involved for either party. No matter how much love there is it'll just get looooong after a while. I've dealt and am still dealing with a chick that semi lives in the miami of all places. I'm tired of it already tbh, but she puts the effort in so I don't wanna break her heart (well not now anyways).But from previous realtionship I know its gonna end in tears (no doom).Titan - you guys survived 3 years in different unis ?!?!? Props bro !
She was in her last year when I started so she had time to come up, but yeah it was hard. But I felt it was worth the effort and so did she and we stand here coming up to our 3 year anniversary so it can work. PLus, Coventry is only an hour from London on train and an hour and 20 minutes by car. Not like I was in Manchester or Leeds or something.

Guest Cipher

Not sure If I've posted in this thread or not.The answer = playing the lottery.Very very rarely will it really work for you. When it does, congrats. But the large amount if times you end up losing, out of pocket, and unwilling to do it again.

Just because some people don't know the rule doesn't mean it's not a rule. If I drop a coin from the top of Big Ben it will reach maximum velocity. That's a rule but there's plenty of people that don't know it.
you are using examples as if the rule that applies to long distance situation is some physics rule. If you drop a coin from big ben it will reach maximum velocity. Thats a rule. Got nothing to do with people knowing it or not.Whether or not a long distance relationship can last is not a rule. If every single LD relationship failed then yes it would be a rule. but its not. so its not a rule. Rule of thumb maybe.

What is with all this "rule" bullsh*t? What a stupid way to try and explain something. Just because you believe in a specific "rule" doesn't mean that same rule will apply to someone else in a completely different set of circumstances, you can only comment what you know which will more likely than not be the overall case.For example Jane is upper class from Leeds and she has 10 friends in a relationship, they all have long distance relationships and all stay together happily ever after. Therefore Jane beleives all long term relationships work while at uni so that's her rule. Dominic is middle class and the opposite happens so he believes a different rule.I know what you're all trying to say but with a case such as this it all depends on the individuals involved so there can't be a rule - it's swings and roundabouts. Can't beleive I just type swings and roundabouts, I hate that expression.

travelling every two weeks is a semi long distance relship lol. still you both made the efforttry being in the UK and she's in Athens Georgia (US) 3 yrs but knew each other for 1.5 before datingthe onus was on me to travel more as i had more free time so saw her about 5-7 times/ yr and we talked almost everyday considering the 5 hours time difference. its something that you can get very used to, if you really want to give it a chance.i felt very comfortable with the situation after the 1st yr. i would be dropping her in my convo like she was just a few miles away..pple were surprised that she was all the way in the US. the only thing with a long distance relship is there must be closure. thats the goal you both look forward to, and you have discussed (not just presume will happen). the goal being that you will both be near each other at a certain point in time. if you dont have that to look look forward to, then like anything you wont have a focus...no matter how good your relship is. it felt good that there was something to really look forward to. in our case the closure kept getting extended so it frustrated us.and we broke up.
even though i still think yur a fruit, i'm sorry to hear thatthis is what i considered to be a long distance relationship, and tbh i dn't think i could do it unless it was a temporary situation; temporary as in no more than a year
whtevr. @ smaddy no she wasnt the one. another thing about LD relships is even thogh u get to know the person bit by bit..... when you sort of know alot, and you feel its not what u wanted.... pissed!! :D

it can work if you are both butters or average but lets be real, if you're both good looking then the opportunities to cheat will be immense and temptation will be too much, but you do get them neeky ones that will stay faithful
this comment says so much about uand even more about any girl that would ever get in a relationship with u
no mate it's the truth, if your girl was a peng ting and had man on her case 24/7, and if you had chicks puttin it on you every time you went out at uni, you would not be togetherits the truth you ugly c*nt

you are using examples as if the rule that applies to long distance situation is some physics rule. If you drop a coin from big ben it will reach maximum velocity. Thats a rule. Got nothing to do with people knowing it or not.Whether or not a long distance relationship can last is not a rule. If every single LD relationship failed then yes it would be a rule. but its not. so its not a rule. Rule of thumb maybe.
I was just using the example to explain that a rule can be a rule without everybody knowing it. I'm not trying to say that the rule about relationships is as airtight as the theory of terminal velocity.

Radio needs to be set on fire ASAP. You can not and MUST NOT base infidelity on aesthetics. Thats some serious school boy error. What just because 2 people are more attractive than the average brings you to think that their day to day attention renders them hopeless to be in a faithful relationship.f*ck outta here with that sh*t

Radio needs to be set on fire ASAP. You can not and MUST NOT base infidelity on aesthetics. Thats some serious school boy error. What just because 2 people are more attractive than the average brings you to think that their day to day attention renders them hopeless to be in a faithful relationship.f*ck outta here with that sh*t
read his posts, then ask yurself y yur even tryin to talk to himone of thoes posters u dn't talk to directly tbh

I don't think it can work personally unless you have a strong foundation beforehand, and you're both MATURE. Keyword.I thought it could until a week ago. But some girl I met here has been putting it on me even though she has a man 4000miles away who she proclaims to love etc.I haven't found it to be as prevalent with older, more mature, and more weathered women.Grass is greener, and the youngers will stray, most of the time.Disclaimer: She's not jailbait she's 19. Still too inexperienced though.

read his posts, then ask yurself y yur even tryin to talk to himone of thoes posters u dn't talk to directly tbh
Just bitter at me for highlighting the harsh reality that you and your missus are bun so you have no option to cheat.

I don't think it can work personally unless you have a strong foundation beforehand, and you're both MATURE. Keyword.I thought it could until a week ago. But some girl I met here has been putting it on me even though she has a man 4000miles away who she proclaims to love etc.I haven't found it to be as prevalent with older, more mature, and more weathered women.Grass is greener, and the youngers will stray, most of the time.Disclaimer: She's not jailbait she's 19. Still too inexperienced though.
not all about women u knowmandem stray more then womenolder men aswell, true they think they are bloody spring chickens