Today is a great day

streets.

Just been told I've finished paying off my student loan. Took it out in 2004, dropped out of uni in 2005 and finished paying in December 2008. I'm getting a refund of £1120 :lol: Would just like to shout out my secondary school teachers that helped me pass my GCSE's in 2001. Would also like to thank Google and MSN Messenger for helping me pass my A-Levels in 2003. Without you this wouldn't have been possible. How can I forget the wonderful staff member at Abbey National who didn't press the button, you've been an inspiration. Would also like to thank Microsoft Word spell checker and Internet Explorer for all their help. Thanks, thank you so much - Today is a great day.

Just been told I've finished paying off my student loan. Took it out in 2004, dropped out of uni in 2005 and finished paying in December 2008. I'm getting a refund of £1120 :lol: Would just like to shout out my secondary school teachers that helped me pass my GCSE's in 2001. Would also like to thank Google and MSN Messenger for helping me pass my A-Levels in 2003. Without you this wouldn't have been possible. How can I forget the wonderful staff member at Abbey National who didn't press the button, you've been an inspiration. Would also like to thank Microsoft Word spell checker and Internet Explorer for all their help. Thanks, thank you so much - Today is a great day.
Woohoo positivity!

How can I forget the wonderful staff member at Abbey National who didn't press the button, you've been an inspiration.
hahahahaC/S thatBig up all the heads that are coming out to 30k debt still, myself includedThe interest on that is going to be a joke
30k?! how comes they give you that much?!
out of interest streets what course and uni did u drop out of and why?if its too personal allow me im just being nosey
Nah basically it wen something like this1 - Got accepted to all 6 choices, chose the one that was closest to my yard thinking I would save on rent & travel.2 - A few weeks before the course started I found out my course was actually being held at a next campus, far far out.3 - Drove there everyday for a few months, but £20 each day in petrol + food killed my wallet4 - Was doing little things on the side plus doing work experience for different media companies, so just made the decision to drop out and get a full time job.
GCSE in 01... I thought you was alot older then that
What I'm saying.The way man on here go on I thought streets was some 30+ guy
lol I let them think that on purpose...
They take the piss don't they? You're £1k overpaid on the loan before they tell you you've paid it all out?
Yep, and if it wasn't for me questioning it they would have carried on.

30k?! how comes they give you that much?!
Slight exaggeration3.2k = Tuition fees (x 3 years)3k = Maintenance loan (x 3years)2k = Bank overdraft1.5k = Tuition fee for placement yearInterestjust under 30k i thinkStill a lot of f*ck*ng money
yes this is me in two years, can't f*ck*ng wait. planning on being totally 100 percent illegal by then anyway so names n loans won't mean sh*t.

Congrats.The overpayment thing is a scam. Everybody overpays. Think of the interest they make on those overpayments. Techincally that is your interest. It's a minor amount to you but they're making serious profits from money they effectively stole from you. And they can claim it's not intentional but it's gross negligence to not have a system in place to stop people from paying when they've finished. It's not a difficult task yet they seem happily incapable.