1 DAY - THE MOVIE - BRUM GOONS

Mr. Martinez

went to a screening of a UK Urban film called 1 Day The Movie the other week.its an urban musical set in Birmingham.was a bit skeptic at first but after seeing it, i would say its one of the best UK Urban film to date...Much better than kidulthood/adulthood, bullet boy etc...the acting is one of the strongest ive seen for the genre. and for a film that has no established actors, thats a lot... all the cast is just normal kids who auditioned for their parts.... and tbh, the brum accent mixed with the slang is kinda funny (to me anyway) sometimes, but when u get past that, u will enjoy the film even more lolanyways, dont know when or if this will get a nationwide release, i hope it does...http://www.1daythemovie.co.uk/
Quick review from bayy for those who don't go in the movie thread

Great movie better than the usual rubbish we are served as 'Road movies' The reason that it's head and shoulders above the usual nonsense is the writer and director Penny Woolcock she has a great handle on pulling believable performances from her casts.aboutpennyphotocreditala_0.jpgI was really surprised that none of the people in the movie had really done much acting before,it can be a recipe for disaster especially in a film like this where 'authenticity' is integral to it, but yeah,dope movie.It's out in November and it should be getting a wide release.

Guest Triple XXX
Great movie better than the usual rubbish we are served as 'Road movies' The reason that it's head and shoulders above the usual nonsense is the writer and director Penny Woolcock she has a great handle on pulling believable performances from her casts.aboutpennyphotocreditala_0.jpgI was really surprised that none of the people in the movie had really done much acting before,it can be a recipe for disaster especially in a film like this where 'authenticity' is integral to it, but yeah,dope movie.It's out in November and it should be getting a wide release.
shiot in the darku work for Vertigo films?

I cant stomach musicals regarldess of the genre of music.I read Bayy's review in the other thread and thought it sounded good minus the musical bit then watchin that trailer i didnt see no musical aspects of it so it swayed me again...then the bit at the end came, switched off there.May download it..