Laptop for uni (& games)

The Cookie Monster

So uni is coming round, time for a laptop. I want one that is going to be capable of playing recent games. Call of Duty (4, 5 & eventually 6), Sims 3 etc etc. Not necessarily at high settings but aslong as they play smoothly.Will this one below be good enough? I know it's not going to exceed the requirements but aslong as it meets the basic requirements to play the games Im good.HerePrice is a big factor, so please don't post up links to high end laptops. You'll only remind me of how skint I am.Thanks

why not just get a console
Got a 360 for Live and that, but if I'm getting a laptop anyway for uni it might aswell be one that can play games aswell, Sims 3 isn't available for the 360, plus it would be sh*t on xbox even if it was. I also want the ability to play COD5 on the laptop with downloaded zombie maps etc (not the standard ones available on Live). A few reasons to be honest.

PS3 + Any standard Dell for 299 = You.
Got a 360 for Live and that, but if I'm getting a laptop anyway for uni it might aswell be one that can play games aswell, Sims 3 isn't available for the 360, plus it would be sh*t on xbox even if it was. I also want the ability to play COD5 on the laptop with downloaded zombie maps etc (not the standard ones available on Live).

Got a 360 for Live and that, but if I'm getting a laptop anyway for uni it might aswell be one that can play games aswell, Sims 3 isn't available for the 360, plus it would be sh*t on xbox even if it was. I also want the ability to play COD5 on the laptop with downloaded zombie maps etc (not the standard ones available on Live).

Explain this please?! What am I gona do with a PS3 when Ive got a flashed xbox 360? How does a PS3 and a cheap laptop have any relevance to The Sims 3 and user created Zombie Maps on CoD5?

Guest M12 Part 2

if u go to a decent uni u wont have time/ be bored enough to be playing them kinda gamesif ur lappy can play/hold enough music. Access facebook. Have MS Office and just generally surf net ur good to go

if u go to a decent uni u wont have time/ be bored enough to be playing them kinda gamesif ur lappy can play/hold enough music. Access facebook. Have MS Office and just generally surf net ur good to go
would have to disagree hereapart from adjusting to your new surroundings first year and second year can be pretty easy going, you only need to pass afterallrealistically most students will spend alot of time in the first few years not studying, so if your not an "omg freedom to get drunk all the time" kinda guy you might have a couple of free hours a day...