Sign in to follow this  
J. Edgar

FAO: Retail Workers

Ok I recently took something back in Gap a few days ago because the Item was faulty (had it for only 4 months) and because I didnt have my receipt with me they gave me a credit voucher worth more than what I paid for it (had the 30% discount at the time)now the thing is I have found my receiptQuestion is, can I go back and get my money back by returning the credit voucher?

To get your money back you need to present them with the item which youve already done for the vouchers.

Guest M12 Part 2

ur best bet is put the credit note on ebay for £20 or sell it to someone who's about to buy something in the shop

In my store if you spoke to the manager you'd be able to work something out. (I don't work in a clothes store though)

its worth a try if you ask mewill take a good bit of explaining and you will probably have to explain to a member of staff, they will say no, ask to speak to their supervisor, and explain again.thing is - if they give you cash, you arent going to spend it with them, so in a way its more worth their while for you to have a credit note even though its of a greater value coz it guarantees them business