Yet another padeophile judge favouring his own kind...

NO SUNSHINE

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/devon/8227079.stm
A sex abuse victim has been jailed for six years for blackmailing the man who abused him.Mark Phillips, 41, admitted extorting more than £200,000 during a three-year campaign against the wealthy pensioner. Exeter Crown Court heard Phillips, from Meeth in Devon, wanted revenge against and control over the 70-year-old man, who first abused him at the age of 13. The abuser, who cannot be named because of a court order, was interviewed by police and given a caution. In court it was claimed "mutual" sexual activity took place between Philips and the man in the early to mid 1980sThe abuser, who was married at the time, was also having a sexual affair with Phillips' mother. After sentencing, Yvonne Traynor from the Rape and Sexual Abuse Support Centre said she was "appalled" not only by the sentence, but because an adult who abused a child was "called a victim and given anonymity". She told BBC News: "I am not saying it (blackmail) was right, but I can understand it. "Sexual abuse changes lives forever - it's that simple. The law's an ass." Business ventureIn court, the judge, Recorder John Williams, said the abuser was generous to Phillips financially, before he extorted money from him from 2005 until October 2008. "He has had to be generous to keep the past silent," the judge said, adding Philips had acted callously. Before the blackmail started the pensioner had given Phillips a business venture. The court heard Phillips later made more than 30 threatening phone calls to the him demanding money. Phillips threatened to go to the police if he did not pay and to expose him as a paedophile to the local community. He demanded £150,000 and told him to sell his homes, which were worth £700,000 and £400,000. The blackmail came to light when some of the abuser's friends overheard one of Phillips' telephone calls demanding his prized possession - a vintage car worth £15,000. The pensioner then disclosed the "dark secret which had been hanging over his head for years" to his friends. The court heard the abuser paid out a total of £203,000 to buy Phillips' silence and financially had "run out of options". Prosecutor David Sapiecha said: "In three-and-a-half years he (Philips) returned time and time again to get more and more money." Defence lawyer Nicholas Gerisamedes said the abuser had used his money to keep Phillips sweet. He admitted Phillips wanted revenge and control over the man who had abused him more than 20 years earlier, calling it "role reversal". Another hearing will be held under the Proceeds of Crime Act to see if Phillips can pay back the money.
Judge needs a bullet in the back of his head imo.

Guest Esquilax

while i sympathise fully with the victim of the abuse, and find his actions morally acceptable to mehe still broke the law, and going by the laws of this country he has to be punished

Guest Esquilax
while i sympathise fully with the victim of the abuse, and find his actions morally acceptable to mehe still broke the law, and going by the laws of this country he has to be punished
and the paedo ?
im assuming the paedo has already been imprisoned and has served time.if not then with evidence and proof and what not he should serve time, greater than that of the fraudster

but u lot are thinking about it the wrong way. yeah he is a paedo, that's not cool. But what the yute was doin was wrong regardless of whether he was a paedophile or not, and so should get judged accordingly. Don't get me wrong, the paedo should get the chair.

I'm struggling to understand this.This case was about the guy extorting money right.So fair enough there should be some investigation/potential punishment into that.But people get less for hit and runs.And this guy had a pretty damn good motive.The only reason I think this case probably didn't go differently is that there wasn't enough evidence, or that there's something the article isn't mentioning...it's always the way that the BBC like to selectively leave out information to hype.Either way, the way this article portrays the Judge, he should be shot.

but u lot are thinking about it the wrong way. yeah he is a paedo, that's not cool. But what the yute was doin was wrong regardless of whether he was a paedophile or not, and so should get judged accordingly. Don't get me wrong, the paedo should get the chair.
csboth should be thrown in cages.

Guest Cipher
About the extorter should be thrown in a cage. LAWL. Are you out of your mind? You know this man probably has deeep, subconcious psychological problems because he was raped when he was a little boy? You do realise it was this man who he was black mailing that did it?The man was never even punished. At all.I wouldn't object to this guy who was raped torturing/killing this man as a form of revenge, so I'm certainly not going to object to him getting money from him.This guy wasn't black mailing some innocent victim, the blackmailing is a direct result of what was done to him, it ruined his life and changed who he was.ABOUT PAY BACK THE MONEY, IS THE MAN GOING TO PAY BACK HIS VIRGINITY? NO.A ruling of time f*ck*ng served is more than enough.As for the sex-case, hang him.

Guest Esquilax
About the extorter should be thrown in a cage. LAWL. Are you out of your mind? You know this man probably has deeep, subconcious psychological problems because he was raped when he was a little boy? You do realise it was this man who he was black mailing that did it?The man was never even punished. At all.I wouldn't object to this guy who was raped torturing/killing this man as a form of revenge, so I'm certainly not going to object to him getting money from him.This guy wasn't black mailing some innocent victim, the blackmailing is a direct result of what was done to him, it ruined his life and changed who he was.ABOUT PAY BACK THE MONEY, IS THE MAN GOING TO PAY BACK HIS VIRGINITY? NO.A ruling of time f*ck*ng served is more than enough.As for the sex-case, hang him.
This is the reason that the everyman cannot be in charge of the judicial system.

Guest Cipher
This is the reason that the everyman cannot be in charge of the judicial system.
Nah it isn't. It's not like im not aware that 'justice' is supposed to be impartial.And that impartiality is supposed to come from the result being just, and this, is not.This case is a prime example of why the judicial system needs a complete overhaul and has done for a few centuries now.When proceedure comes before sense, something needs to change.

Guest Esquilax
Nah it isn't. It's not like im not aware that 'justice' is supposed to be impartial.And that impartiality is supposed to come from the result being just, and this, is not.This case is a prime example of why the judicial system needs a complete overhaul and has done for a few centuries now.When proceedure comes before sense, something needs to change.
When people are gladly opting for the extinguishing of human life, then people will only regress. How are we supposed to progress as a race when we are still implementing capital punishment? The answer is in punishment and reformation, not murder.

What /i was thinking...Man should have just went to the police instead of trying to milk the situationf*cked up though