A Beginners guide to Parring the Grime Scene.

Barney Stinson

Great Blog and i mean Great Grime suffers from people looking back with their vision being clouded by nostalgia apart from the lack of pirate radio everything is as good or better than its ever been sales of cd's are up the scene is creating real artists with star potentialThe youngers dont just turn up on radio and not follow it up with tunesthey have the work ethic Chipmunk is a prime example and Stryder makes me proud Movements like BBK might not be to everyones taste but they are doing good things and the hype is definitly still therethose who say its dead obviously are not paying attention

the reason i say it's dead is cos the music is nothing like it used to be, and i don't like this new grime music that has been made for the last couple of years or sowhereas i can still turn on a set or tune from 2005 and feel just as hype as i did when i was younger
Nostalgia Wiley's last album was the best thing to ever come out of the scene and Ghetto's mixtapes have upped the levels.Badness's birthday set was up there for Hypeand that Logan set last year with Skepta Wiley Badness Ghetto and Jme was another one the hype is still there, the problem is lack of Pirate radio

Its true the music's not like it used to be, cos the top artists have changed tbh as with any scene, just cos their no longer to your taste doesnt mean its dead though. You are obviously entitled to your opinion cos its a matter of taste, the article was more aimed at the journos who are trying to spread their opinions on grime as fact.

Its true the music's not like it used to be, cos the top artists have changed tbh as with any scene, just cos their no longer to your taste doesnt mean its dead though. You are obviously entitled to your opinion cos its a matter of taste, the article was more aimed at the journos who are trying to spread their opinions on grime as fact.
yeah by dead i mean the new music and scene is dead to mei'm not denying that there are lots of raves with good turnouts etc., cos i know that there areyour blog was a good read though

the reason i say it's dead is cos the music is nothing like it used to be, and i don't like this new grime music that has been made for the last couple of years or sowhereas i can still turn on a set or tune from 2005 and feel just as hype as i did when i was younger
Nostalgia
nah i don't think it's just thatthe music itself has actually changed/'evolved' for the worse imo

Nostalgia
nah i don't think it's just thatthe music itself has actually changed/'evolved' for the worse imo
co signLooking at artists doing well in the mainstream that came from Grime is all well and good but from time the music they're doing isn't grime my interest is limited.Although their was the influence of American Hip hop, Grime was a UK sound but when I listen to Grime now the and watch how most artists go on I think the influence of American hip hop has tainted it. Plus music is always better when its being done for the sake of it.

the main few reasons people felt it died is cos it stopped bein dance music orientated, raves got locked and pirate radio culture got forced out...thats not to say people aint been opening up those features again; theres a decent amount of grime raves with turn outs and internet radio allowed for the pirate radio culture to re-invent itself....but the music itself permanently changed, too much influence from us hip hop and people looking at that scene over the pond and wanting to emulate it. when the top guys in the scene discovered that they couldnt do it big like the top hip hop artists and live that superstar life making the grime that they did, they started making this urban pop kind of stuff which is just a combo of whatever dance beat and lyrics that will relate the most to the masses and make them the most money.

Grime lost its appeal for me 1)when the pirate radio stopped 2)when people started doing the kanye west esque sampling.3)grime artist started making mixtapes because they thought that would give them a better chance of getting signed4) Grime artists sold out when they went commercialThat said , grime music isnt dead so long as the subject matter continues to be broader than beefing and shanking. she likes remix is proof that the scene still has potential ad may yet still suprise some people. Ironically because of the bandwaggon mcs with little talent i.e maxwell d & hector have jumped ship to funky, grime has alotta potential atm because there is more quality control since alot of the big grime man r still doing their thing & alot fewer wasteguys clogging up the scene.

Grime lost its appeal for me 1)when the pirate radio stopped 2)when people started doing the kanye west esque sampling.3)grime artist started making mixtapes because they thought that would give them a better chance of getting signed4) Grime artists sold out when they went commercialThat said , grime music isnt dead so long as the subject matter continues to be broader than beefing and shanking. she likes remix is proof that the scene still has potential ad may yet still suprise some people. Ironically because of the bandwaggon mcs with little talent i.e maxwell d & hector have jumped ship to funky, grime has alotta potential atm because there is more quality control since alot of the big grime man r still doing their thing & alot fewer wasteguys clogging up the scene.
sooooooo true

• 2 weeks later...
Great Blog Grime suffers from people looking back with their vision being clouded by nostalgia apart from the lack of pirate radio everything is as good or better than its ever been
Grime back in the day had hype round it cos it was the new thing... just like funky nowGrime just isn't the new thing anymore... people just wanna jump on the new thingNostalgia has a big part to play in the death of grime too... I bet the demographic of people saying its dead and still banging on about 04/05 will mainly be the 20 and overstheres also a endless cycle of complainers on the internet that are never satisfied I bet alot of the people preaching about the glory days of grime were same people at the time complaining about the lack of content from emceesI have to agree tho pirate radio needs to return

• 4 weeks later...