V Festival (Stafford) & Reading 2009

Sinister

Boy, I cant even keep my eyes open, I'm completely shattered.Quick Summary:V Festival:ProsMGMT - highlight for me and the reason I went, awesome live, nearly everyone went to see oasis, but I was glad I stayed.Biffy - Amazing live, completely off his face, dont really listen to him much but really good performanceOasis - Just caught the end, but all my mates who went said it was really good.Dizzee - Now I understand why he is so big, I've seen him in concert but never festivals, the 4music stage was rammed when he came on and everuone went nuts. Not a fan of any of his new stuff but when it came on, people just shocked out differently.The Wombats - apart from one or two songs, again not really my thing, but straight after Dizzee, the crowd was fully with it.Lily Allen - Missed her to see Dizzee, but everyone was saying she merked and she had quite alot of banter as well.Fatboy Slim - Not a huge Killers fan so chose fatboy for the finale, glad I did. Great mixup, lighting and videos as well as beats. Good to see everyone off their face enjoying it.ConsLady Gaga - how this woman manages to have a rep I have no idea, turned up late, booed and then kept singing "I love England". Apologised at the end and got booed again.Lady hawke - not my thing, but again benefit of the doubt as I wastold she was good by my mates, has not stage presence whatsoever.Katy Perry - Need I say more...All the commercial tripe that was on.OverallGood for a chillout and to see some good music, if you're not into the hardcore festivals this is definately the one to go to.

ReadingTop PerformancesFriendly Fires - Huge fan and they didnt let down, played nearly everything that was expected, cant complain.Bloc Party - Missed most as I was off my face and watching Chase & Status, again everything expected.Prodigy - shame the sound was aweful for the main stage saturday, but best believe I was skanking hard.White Lies - Although only one album, they went hard.Maccabees - huge fan again, didnt let the crowd down.Vampire Weekend - Should have done a smaller stage cos the sound was awful, only negeative thing about it.Enter Shikari - not my type of music, but they went hard and so did the crowd, was nuts.Let DownsKings of Leon - f*ck 'em and everything they do, complete knobends, about, telling us to f*ck off, you aint rolling stones mate.Arctic Monkeys - Too much new sh*t and acoustic stuff, media loved it but not enough chanty songs for me. Didnt do Mardy Bum either, wtf.SurprisesLa Roux - Probably performed on the smallest stage I ever seen, even the queues for the TV to watch were killer, glad she did the Skream version for in for the kill.Chase & Status - played alot of Dub, I was happyYou me at Six - never heard of 'em, persuaded to watch, will now cop album.Crystal Castles - Tried hard to listen to their stuff before, just couldn't do it all sounds the same. YOU NEED TO WATCH THEM LIVE!Lady Sovereign - cant believe I was persuaded by the females to watch her, I just stood there off my face ready to shake my head, now I know how she makes her P's. Was mostly electro and tbh her DJ was really good, she didnt spit bars, just hosted more than anything, tent was rammed, respect to her, still think her music is sh*t.Lethal Bizzle - My daze, when he started, everyone just surged forward, cant believe the love and hype he got. Again, I was ready to diss, but he is actually preety big amongst the "white-middle class-indie" crowd. Fair play to him.Lost Prophets & AFI - agin, not my cup of tea, but live I was skanking.ConclusionMore hardcore than V, surprised by the amount of robberies, thieving, drunkeness and OD'ing. The crowds surges/moshes/running pits were alot.I'm completely shattered now and going to sleep for a week.

lmfao you was in the dance tent for chase and status. did you see meeee??? f*ck*ng bang face. was nuts in there. LOL at the giant inflatable c*ck floating around and the pole climbers. Man it was f*ck*ng LIVE. You probably missed deadmau5 didn't you? Passion pit were f*ck*ng sick. Wanted to see La roux but the crowd was way too big to get anywhere near and radiohead kept playing songs. Radiohead killed it though. Crystal method was good. er yeh. sick sunday.

Yeah probably, I saw and spuded aloooooooooooooooooooot of people, I was off my face.SMH at the pole dancers lenging down the wires.Yeah missed deadmau5, badly wanted to see passion pit as well.Yeah the La Roux crowd was nuts, but I was with this one chick who was adament we see her and just went all rampage into the crowd, only got as far as the screen and we were surrounded by 16 year olds who kept asking for our drinks, lol.

Friendly Fires absolutely killed it. Best live shows I've seen this summer. With Bizzle, I wasn't sure if the whole thing was ironic or not but it was live, he is jokes "If you're in this tent now, I want to congratulate you - you're about to witness the livest set of the weekend. Bizzle".Passion Pit started off slow and then built a really solid good set.Bloc Party were pretty good.Prodigy was messy.Arctic Monkeys were decent - should of played more crowd pleasers - too much new stuff.Kings Of Leon - sh*t. Could have just put a CD player on stage - no personality.Frank Turner was brilliant. He's a singer song writer but killed it with the live band. Great catchy tunes without being cheesey.Sunday night was f*cked up, people burning peoples tents - "one more tent! one more tent!". The amount of drunk 16/17 year olds going hard was jokes. Plenty of lovely looking ladies. Friday night I drew down two hotties with my brother (I think they were hotties anyway) got back to our tents and then we both passed out (no Adidas). Between two of us we consumed 2 litres of skittles vodka, 1 litre of rum, 24 cans of cider, 48 cans of lager and numerous pints inside the arena. Didn't sleep for the last 2 nights, regretting it now but didn't then.If you saw a guy in a pink and black Russia hat (those ones with the furry flaps over the ears) and a turquoise hoodie with red and green pixie looking boots - that was me. I wore the same thing every day so, yeah, that was me.Oh yeah - some guys tried to play 'Unpeg the tent' on my at 4am. I jumped out naked (still completely f*cked, or I would have flung some shorts on) wearing nothing but my rubber horses head and asked them what time they thought it was - they responded "f*ck*ng hell mate, that's a bit strong" and then they just left. Lulz.

ROFL,Lemons, I think I might have seen you, yeah, yellow camp and purple was f*cked sunday night.So glad I had staff camping and back route access to the arena.EXIT and Benicassim is me next year, maybe Glasto, not for the music (cos it's usually sh*t these days) but for the experience.

EXIT and Benicassim is me next year, maybe Glasto, not for the music (cos it's usually sh*t these days) but for the experience.
Definitely Benicassim and Glasto. 40th anniversary is a must.