Deep Story

Sub_Zero

I was just speaking to this really succesful older women. I told her that I admired her generosity and how she gave everyone the feeling that even though she was constantly busy she always had time for them and was interested in what they had to say. She said that she's not always been like this and told me a story which I won't forget anytime soon.Karen who is the women whom I work with and who told me this story used to be a waitress when she was younger. She said she worked stupidly hard for little money and only just about survived. She'd move to Birmingham from a different city for a new start away from her shitty family and didn't really have any friends.The restaurant that she worked in was quite nice but in a sh*t area. One day a small boy walked in who looked like he hadn't washed in weeks. He came in on his no older than 8 years old and sat down as good as gold and waited for Karen to come and serve him. This was late afternoon and the busiest time of day for all the staff."How much is an ice cream sundae?" the little boy asked."75p" replied the Karen, these are obviously the days when things were alot cheaper.The small kid pulled out all the coins in his pocket and looked at them closely. "Well, how much is a plain dish of ice cream?" he inquired.By now, more people were waiting for a table and the waitress was growing very impatient. "50p" Karen said impatientlyThe little boy again counted his coins. "I'll have the plain ice cream," he said.She brought him the ice cream over, he ate it slowly like he hadn't had a desert in his few years and then left. When Karen went to wipe the table her eyes started to water, she noticed 25p left on the side as a tip. You see the lad couldn't have a sundae because he had to have enough money for a tip.I thought that was pretty deep. She told in a way that had everyone listening, unfortunately I'm a sh*t writer so it probably didn't come across very well.Anyone else got any emotional stories?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10-20% tip if the service is good and they didnt add service charge to my sh*ti hate service chargethey get f*ck all when i spot that
you know you don't have to pay service charge?
Didn't actually know this has discretionary until my birthday last week.sh*t service and waiting over a hour for a table = no extra pee for them