The Official Liverpool FC Thread

The Infamous

Gerrard a striker yeah

I've heard it all now.

Gerrard's been playing off the striker for a few years so he has effectively been a part of our strike force.

If you don't want to class Gerrard as part of our strike force you must be referring to Nando as a lone striker then who could go to pretty much any club in the world if he wanted. His backup is Ngog who has scored 6 goals in 8 games this season.

Which one did you mean?

Murks

Do you not remember players like, Sean Dundee, Titi Camara, Diouf etc?

I still want to slap Houllier everytime I see Anelka bang in a goal.

/

@Flojo

Hodgson has to implement his own stamp on the team. So they say, but in my eyes, even if you think Rafa wasn't great, the team he left behind is better than Houlliers.

We are worse tactically, man marking is no better than zonal marking. And everyone seems to be putting on this happy front to the media, which is bullshit.

And it still pisses me off that we didn't just install Kenny as a caretaker.

He isn't our biggest problem though, if that c*nt gets sole control over the club we are Leeds. I would rather finish 14tth with new owners and sell Torres at the end of the season, then have even a few months beyond Oct 6th with those bastards still destroying the club.

Ok Torres is our lone striker,

What if Torres gets injured knowing his somewhat injury prone?

I'm looking at other teams and their strikers and I'm thinking, what the f*ck have we got ourselves into.

There is no good enough backup in our team who can play to the level.

Fact is our strike force is WEAK and January cant come sooner so we can at least try and find a good one.

Rafa took the striker-ness out of Kuyt and Babel. FULLY.

Wide thats a next NEXT problem. We have been sh*t on the wings for years. We will need to spend big bucks to improve that area cos theres hardly any good wingers on the market that suit our budget.

I doubt Jova will play up front unless Torres/Cole/N'Gog/Babel are all injured at the same time or its a carling game.

Q I was curious what Hodgson would do from a tactical point of view given the personnel is better than what he had at Fulham, the answer from what I've seen so far is not very much. Say what you want about us under Rafa but possession wasn't the problem it was breaking teams down whereas now we're been unable to control the game.

Against WBA I was watching their players grow in confidence as they genuinely believed 'we can win this' because we were unable to put them under the cosh for sustained periods. Their doesn't appear to be much of a game plan and although it's still quite early on you usually see a vague idea of how a manager wants to play by now. When Owen Coyle took over at Bolton within a matter of weeks you could see how he wanted them to play with the standard of players he had available to him so why when our squad is littered with internationals is it still so difficult to see exactly how Roy wants us to play?

Like I say I hope the tough start we've had has over emphasized the problems but I'm not confident.

I'm looking at other teams and their strikers and I'm thinking, what the f*ck have we got ourselves into.

Fact is our strike force is WEAK and January cant come sooner so we can at least try and find a good one.

Like I said Ngog has done pretty well in the absence of Torres this season, bagged in Europe and the league. Roy had an opportunity to buy a striker in the last window but didn't see it as a priority so to lay the blame squarely on Rafa doesn't make sense.

Last season you were saying that Rafa was under achieving with the squad he had so by that notion Hodgson should improve on our performance last year yeah?

He needs to stop...

playing Skrtel ahead of Agger, Skrtel dives in so much and leaves gaps. When he's good he marks strikers out the game completely but he's not putting in performances like that often enough to be starting ahead of Agger.

playing Agger at LB, would rather see Aurelio, Konchesky or even Kelly playing there ahead of him, its not his position and his game doesnt exactly suit playing there.

playing Gerrard CM when he could be playing AM and theres another capable CM playing in that AM position. Merieles should be the CM alongside either Lucas or Poulsen, with Gerrard playing in behind Torres, he's the only one who will play the ball into space for Torres and make driving runs to support him. Merieles is fully capable of linking the defence and the attack and he works hard to track back aswell.

Theres more aswell but for now these are some of the main points i see that he needs to sort out. Players like Agger, Merieles, Gerrard, Cole and Torres all on the field at the same time is gonna work alot better in regards to retaining possession and using it effectively imo.

Like I said Ngog has done pretty well in the absence of Torres this season, bagged in Europe and the league. Roy had an opportunity to buy a striker in the last window but didn't see it as a priority so to lay the blame squarely on Rafa doesn't make sense.

Last season you were saying that Rafa was under achieving with the squad he had so by that notion Hodgson should improve on our performance last year yeah?

Hodgson did enquire about strikers such as Mario Gomez, Carlton Cole but they all got rejected by the clubs. Gomez was keen on us and on the verge of joining but Bayern tond him to stay.

It was all downhill last season.. And we are still suffering from last seasons trauma. I dont know how long it will last but I hope it ends sooner rather than later brother. I am hoping that Roy can pull it together because he joined a club in TURMOIL in terms of performance on the pitch and what goes on behind the scenes. Because of that reason, I am not judging him just yet.

So just me, Stevie G & Roy positives from yesterday, an no1 on ere

Also I co-sign this being Liverpool's poorest strikeforce in years, Sean Dundee made 2/3 apps and Titi Camara had a betta presence than N'Gog, plus they were behind Fowler & Owen

Roy will turn it around, but im convinced the squad he left at Fulham had betta options and more creativity than what he started off with at Liverpool

Hodgson made a statement after the window closed and said that he didn't think he could get anyone for what he saw as good value so he decided to stick with what he's got, this being said when he basically gave away a full back to then spend 4 million on a 30 year old.

We're suffering because we have a pair of owners that promised everything and delivered nothing, Benitez was made the scapegoat and everyone was told that under a new manager everything would be different and we'd fulfill our potential so hopefully it will all fall into place now.

One of the main things that would have concerned Roy yesterday was the fact that Liverpool got into very good crossing positions and wasted it

At Fulham they worked the play, and duff, konch, pantsil, gera, dempsey would put good balls into the box, Liverpool's crossing was poor yesterday

Like Stevie G said, if they play like that every week, they will beat most of the teams in the league

Ive been putting off coming to this thread for a while now...

All i have to say is...

You buy a f*ck*ng box to box midfielder in Meireles and play him behind Torres?

You stick Gerrard in midfield where we all know hes wasted...

You sold Aqua who last season was our best player in that position?

WHAT THE f*ck ARE YOU DOING?

5 points out of 15?

If we dont win the next 5 games...

Roy Hodgson today revealed how Dirk Kuyt could return from injury earlier than expected - either against Sunderland at the weekend or Utrecht next Thursday.

Liverpoolfc.tv reported a fortnight ago that the Dutchman would be out for up to a month with a shoulder injury sustained on international duty.

However, the 30-year-old has made a faster-than-expected recover and is already back in training.

Hodgson said: "Dirk has trained the last couple of days. We're trying to protect him a little bit but he's made a remarkable recovery, so it'll be interesting to see how he progresses on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday in relation to Saturday's game and the game next Thursday.

"We thought three to five weeks, so we're at the quick end of the scale."

Kuyt will be desperate to make the trip to Utrecht, the club where his professional career got up and running.

Meanwhile, the only other fitness concern for the Liverpool boss is Fabio Aurelio, who is out with an Achilles problem.

Hodgson added: "With Fabio it's a little more tricky. The sports science people are very anxious they get him 100 per cent right before they throw him back in because they don't want a situation where he's dropping out again. But he's making very good progress and if push came to shove we could use him."

Liverpool defender Daniel Agger denies that there is any rift with manager Roy Hodgson and insists he has no problem with his tactics.

The 25-year-old Denmark international was reported in an interview in his homeland criticising new Reds boss Hodgson, implying he was not in favour of long-ball football.

Agger, who has been forced to fill in at left-back for the most part this season, gave the impression that he was not happy under the new regime at Anfield following the 3-2 defeat to Manchester United on Sunday.

However, he has denied that he is disillusioned with life at Liverpool and claims he still wants to fight for his place in the side.

"I am very disappointed with the papers in Denmark for the way they have done this story," he said.

"I spoke to Danish TV after the game on Sunday and answered the questions that were put to me. I didn't speak to the papers.

"The problem was the questions never appeared on TV, only the answers did, and then the newspapers put their own questions in.

"What came out was 100% wrong and that is why I am very disappointed.

"The TV journalist asked me what I needed to do to get back into the team and suggested I should start hitting more long balls.

"I said I wouldn't do that because I'm not that kind of player. That's where that quote came from."

Good football

Agger, who has been at the club for four years after moving from Brondby, believes that Liverpool play attractive football and is willing to battle for a place in the starting XI.

"I actually think we play good football and that we have showed that against Manchester United and against Arsenal," he added.

"What I don't understand is that it was only a few days ago when I spoke to the media ahead of the Steaua Bucharest game and said everybody at the club was happier now with the new manager, the new players and the new methods.

"It's strange to read this just a few days later but that's the way the media works, especially in Denmark.

"I have been involved in every (Premier League) game this season. Of course I'm disappointed when I'm not in the team, but I have been here for five years and really like it here.

"I wouldn't have stayed for this long if I didn't like it or if I was unhappy. I am still happy and will keep fighting for my place."

Asked about his relationship with Moratti, he told the club's official website: "It's good. He is a man who knows football.

"He might get angry when the team doesn't win and this is normal, but at least you can talk about football with him.

"In my last year at Liverpool I had (club) executives who understood nothing about football and you couldn't talk to them about football.

"You can with Moratti."

lolafa

Blaming executives yeah................

:sub: