The Official Liverpool FC Thread

The Infamous

Stop posting Rafa stuff Murks. Hodgson isn't a better manager.

Beg to know why he is trying to ruin Agger's career.

Jones, Kelly, Wilson, Kyrgiakos, Agger, Lucas, Spearing, Jovanovic, Babel, Pacheco, Ngog.

Why is he talking trash about Execs though? Any cowardly act after you've moved club following an abysmal season you put in front of us.

/

Anyway ruining Aggers career? C'mon son

Agger after that fake report came out:

"What came out was 100% wrong and that is why I am very disappointed.

"What I don't understand is that it was only a few days ago when I spoke to the media ahead of the Steaua Bucharest game and said everybody at the club was happier now with the new manager, the new players and the new methods.

"It's strange to read this just a few days later but that's the way the media works, especially in Denmark.

Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson apologised to the club's fans after their shock Carling Cup exit at the hands of Northampton.

Hodgson conceded he and the players had to accept responsibility for the defeat as Liverpool saw one of their biggest chances of silverware this season go up in smoke.

Hodgson fielded an under-strength side which still included first-team regulars like Daniel Agger, David Ngog, Ryan Babel and Lucas Leiva and went ahead when Milan Jovanovic scored his first goal for the club in the ninth minute.

However, the Cobblers hit back 10 minutes into the second half through Billy McKay and Michael Jacobs' goal in extra-time appeared to have done enough until Ngog spared Liverpool's blushes four minutes from the end.

But it was only a temporary reprieve as Ngog and Nathan Eccleston missed their spot-kicks, allowing Abdul Osman to net the decisive penalty.

"I don't think we came anywhere near what I hoped to see apart from in the last 15 minutes of extra-time when we made a superb effort after going 2-1 down," he said.

"When it goes to penalties and you are at home and in front of the Kop your hope is that at least the players will have the composure and confidence to win the penalty shoot-out but we didn't.

Apology

"All I can do is congratulate Northampton and apologise to everyone; the fans came expecting to see us win and I expected us to win but it wasn't to be.

"These players have to accept responsibility. I accept responsibility for changing a lot of players in the team, I did it because I honestly thought the players I put on the field were good enough to win the game and they weren't.

"The obvious conclusion to that was I shouldn't have changed that many players but we should have been strong enough to get a result.

"We must all take our responsibility. I am just bitterly disappointed that the team I had so much faith in did not repay that faith this evening with the exception of one or two performances."

Hodgson has endured a mixed start to his reign as Liverpool manager after taking over from Rafa Benitez in July.

The Reds have registered just one victory in five domestic games and are 16th in the Premier League table ahead of this weekend's clash with Sunderland.

Setback

Hodgson accepted their Carling Cup exit was another setback.

"We wanted to do well in the Carling Cup and we haven't done," added Hodgson.

"We were given a kind draw against a team three leagues below us, were expected to win and when you don't you can expect to be criticised from the top downwards.

"It is a major setback for the club. The Carling Cup is a competition we are capable of doing well in and we were playing lower league opponents.

"Whatever happens, if it doesn't result in a victory it is a very negative thing and a setback for the club, one of many we are facing at the moment."

He was talking about the executives way before he left, it is what made the board get rid of him, not because he had a bad a season.

It is why that snake Purslow was leaking stories to the media undermining him.

Slash I don't care about him, Inter won 4-0 last night to go top of Serie A, we lost to Northampton.

• Upvote 1

He was talking about the executives way before he left, it is what made the board get rid of him, not because he had a bad a season.

Huh? When? Dont recall him having a go at Exacs like that

That Inter team currently is 10 times better than the team he built and left behind for the next manager to clean up. He's laughing.

Q you're being kind with average.

Hodgson is openly mocking Liverpool supporters right now, if the performances and lack of tactics aren't bad enough he compounds it by saying the most bizarre things in his post match interviews.

/

This article is so on point it hurts

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/in-six-months-the-benitez-era-will-seem-like-a-golden-age-2173371.html

/

I'm considering a bet on Blackpool for Sunday. I'm serious.

Not his fault he was left with the shittest team possible to work with.

N'Gog?

Lucas?

Babel?

I mean WHAT THE f*ck GUYS.

This is probably the worst Liverpool squad I have ever seen. No back up AT ALL and the majority of our squad let alone starting 11 wont even get into Spurs team, thats how f*ck*ng bad it is.

This guy right here:

xabi-alonso1.jpg

He will forever be the missing link. I actually thought he was replaceable. Replacing him with a crock instead of guys like Sneijder, Defour etc you know, f*ck OFF.

YOU CAN COME BACK, THE GUY WHO FORCED YOU OUT IS NO LONGER HERE.

You're act is tiresome.

It's funny that Benitez was expected to challenge for the title with a squad that is very similar to one that Roy is only able to pick 'the shittest team' from. lol at no back up if that's the case why did he give Insua away, why did he send Aquilani on loan when he's been 100% fit for the first time since he joined?

lol Mereiles is playing right midfield, he's never played there until Hodgson decided it made sense a week ago...he played sh*t there...so he played him there again lol

Everyone else will insult as necessary.

But Flojo is right, not only are the performances woeful, but Hodgson then comes out and says that we played well, and talks some bullshit about shape.

Even if our team is swag/average, we should beat Northampton and should create f*ck*ng chances against Utrecht. The Fulham players have all been coming out saying, how much they push up more these days.

I am thinking about the Blackpool bet as well to be honest.

People criticise Torres, but we don't even push high up enough to create chances for him.

LOL @ THINKING WE ARE BETTER OFF FOOTBALLING WISE UNDER HODGSON THAN BENITEZ.

One has european trophies and league titles, the other, one good cup run, and a few odd jobs around europe.

Meireles on the RIGHT?!? DPMO. No Pacheco tonight, but Spearing was on the bench, continues to play Skrtel at CB.

Aquilani languishes on the bench for Juve, yet we have no creativity.

Eto'o the bastard says Inter already feel more ruthless under Benitez.

Oi, I can't take this sh*t.

I will take a 9pt deduction to get those bastards gone. Every single one of them.

And let Torres go, and Gerrard and the rest.

Yes, emotional.

lol that's the joke, so far I've seen comments from

Etuhu

Murphy

Gera

Hangeland

basically saying the difference between Hodgson and Hughes is noticeable in their attitude towards attacking play.

"Training is different. Under Roy Hodgson we did a lot on team shape and organisation whereas now we do more 4 v 4s, small-sided games - proper football sessions, some might say." Hangeland

I am pissed that I had to pay for the stupidity of the average fan who fed into the bullshit being fed to them by these pundits and 2 bit journalists.

Not only did Rafa push out our only key playmaker, he didnt even f*ck*ng replace him properly. And I will never forgive him for it. f*ck that sh*t. We could have got f*ck*ng SNEIJDER. For LESS! Anyway,

No ones saying we play better football under Hodgson. From what I'm seeing now, I'm seeing the same Liverpool from last season.

We lack everything in midfield, EVERYTHING. No wing play what so ever... LUCLOL and Poulshit in the middle doing nothing but chasing shadows and playing stray passes.

Our general play is even more defensive than Rafa! Because we lack the creativity all across the midfield.

Like I said, I'll give Uncle his time because we are in no rush to get back into the top 4 while them Yank f*cks are in charge. Rather not make the top 4 so they can f*ck off earlier cos it will benefit them more than the club itself.

................*has an advanced sly look at the potential managers who can take over in Jan*

• Downvote 2

Hodgsons pissin everyone off already, not even gnna go into this whole players in f*cked positions thing but i dont know why he insists on us defending so f*ck*ng deep, inviting pressure onto ourselves.

We have no creativity in the midfield for 2 reasons, 1. Aquilani was sent on loan to Juve, say what you want about his injury record but on the field he was sick for us. The link up between defence and attack was so fluent whenever he played. 2. Merieles is being played everywhere but where he should be which is in the centre where Aquilani was.

LOL @ the whole Xabi alonso thing, told ppl time ago selling him would be a ridiculous mistake, guy was the key to so much in our team.

To be fair to Roy, Liverpool have looked unispiring for a while now..this is the same team who got beat by Reading at home in the FA Cup last season amongst many shocking results, Rafa left a sinking ship and he will be baited at Inter.. dnt worry about what Eto is saying lol hes just pleased he aint gota track back

Roy needs time to stamp his mark over the team., he had better attacking options at Fulham, we know he likes one play-maker (murphy or greening) alongside one ball winer (baird or etuhu) but Mireles has just come from abroad, he has 2be eased into the new team and pace of the english game, hence Roy giving him a free role and starting him from the right.

Its gona be tough for him thoe, he is looking really stressed on the bench, I dnt know why he took this job, Redknapp didnt take Newcastle that time and got the Spurs job, if Roy was patient he may have got the Villa job (he must be kicking himself)

Pool will smash Blackpool 4-1, every1 will say Torres is back and they will go on a run

It's really f*ck*ng me off to listen to people like Anelka spouting such sh*t.

You were all banging on about how Rafa didn't understand the league and how an English manager would do so much better with the players he had at his disposal. You got your wish and now you're seeing it fail spectacularly in front of your eyes you're still using Rafa as a scapegoat.

Hodgson was brought in to get us back into the top four is what we were told.

Tactically he's been shocking, it's as if he picks the players and tell them nothing else. Mereiles at right mid is to ease him into the league?

Anyone who saw Mereiles in the centre for the last 20 against Sunderland after 70 anonymous minutes as a right midfielder can see where he's most effective.

We played with 4 central midfielders last night but the criticism of us being so narrow has disappeared.

Hodgson comes out after every game saying he thinks we played well despite us not being able to string 10 passes together. We had bad results last season but our home form was still good and we were capable of beating teams convincingly yet we've already been outplayed at Anfield by Northampton, West Brom and Sunderland.

Keep blaming Benitez though.

• Upvote 3

Your the biggest groupie on here.

If I could be bothered I'd find posts probably 6 months ago from you where the sun still shined out of Rafa's arse. Remember the days when you tried saying Rafa was a better manager than Wenger?! Well who got sacked?!

Everyone knows you have downgraded manager and everyone knows at the moment Liverpool is a club going nowhere soon.