The Official Liverpool FC Thread

The Infamous

Babel said he is happy and the Bastard English tabloids lie

The Dutch international made a big impact at West Ham on Saturday when he came off the bench to set-up Fernando Torres' winner. "It was great to be out there and I'm really pleased I was able to help us get a crucial three points," said the Reds No.19. "Before I came on the manager said I needed to bring some energy to the game and that I needed to run at them. "I enjoyed it and that will give me some confidence. Now I hope to carry on like this. "If I keep working hard then hopefully I can get some more minutes and in the end get a place back in the starting line-up. "It was an exciting game and we're just glad to come out on top. "The two goals we conceded came from mistakes by us. We need to improve but we were the better team and in the end I think we deserved the win. "Fernando's first goal was amazing and he's a very special player. "Hopefully he will stay fit because he's going to be really important for us this season." Babel has also spoken of his disappointment after comments saying he was unhappy with life at Anfield and wanted a move back to Holland appeared in the press recently. "I didn't say any of those things," he said. "I did an interview in Holland and I don't know who in England got hold of it but it was the worst translation I have ever seen. "The fact is I'm very happy here and I don't want to leave to go anywhere. "Yes, there is a lot of competition for places at Liverpool but that's the same at every top club. "It was like that when I was at Ajax and that isn't a problem for me. I didn't accuse the manager of anything. "I heard about what was being reported when I was away with Holland. "When I got back to Liverpool I went straight to the manager and told him it wasn't true. "He accepted that and there is no problem. Now I just want to concentrate on playing."

Emiliano Insua is celebrating today after receiving his first call-up to the Argentina national team. The Liverpool defender, who has been in impressive form for the Reds this season, has been named in Diego Maradona's squad for the forthcoming World Cup qualifiers against Peru and Uruguay
Big news TBH... Happy for him, Will be one of the best left backs in the world... Has shown last season, and this season how good he is and the joke is the potential is alot... Glad Rafa has played him in all of our league games and not chosen Dossena ahead of him.

Winning games that we struggled in last season, good stuff. Benayoun is in great form and Babels goal will hopefully gain some confidence from his goals. Still making silly mistakes at the back though, Agger needs to hurry up and come back, should never have let Hyypia go./The Alonso talk has died down, but against Chelsea we shall see how our midfield fairs. I'm quite worried that Carra is going to get BULLIED on different levels by Drogba, at least they don't have Cech in goal. /Congrats to Insua.