The Official Liverpool FC Thread

The Infamous

And making every topic under the sun.Every United fan I knew during the run up to the game was like we are gonna get Benitez sacked etc etc, game finished and not one of them were to be seen or pick up their phones etc, so often can they give the banter yet never take it.

what is thisA win over our most bitter rivals calls for a bit of hype at any timeI was never under the impression we were out of the title race after 9 games, I think the league will be won with about 80-85 points this yearI reckon we'll win on Saturday but Fulham are never easy to beat at home

Guest Tulse Hill

Tulse says: sold out, couldnt get ticket - u?[c=37]DAVEED N'GO'[/c] says: ya unless my boy flops HARD said hes pretty sure ydayTulse says: LOL, please tell me u didnt say thta

Rafa Benitez has revealed that Alberto Aquilani could make his long-awaited Liverpool debut against Arsenal in the Carling Cup on Wednesday.The Italian international is yet to make his Reds bow since signing from Roma for £20million in the summer after ankle surgery.The midfielder made his comeback for the reserves last week but only came on for the final 15 minutes meaning the 25-year-old is still way short in terms of match fitness.However Reds manager Benitez has admitted that Aquilani will travel to Emirates Stadium with the rest of the squad and could feature from the bench having taken part in a full week's training ahead of the game."He will be with us. He is improving his fitness, so he's in the squad," the Spaniard told the club's official website."He cannot start at this moment but he will be there and maybe we can give him some minutes. If it's possible we will try to use him."We can see in every training session that he has quality, game intelligence and good movements. He is a different kind of player for us."We talk about using (Steven) Gerrard deeper sometimes, but maybe in Aquilani we have a player who can play there and pass the ball really well in the final third."Looking forwardMeanwhile Aquilani is relishing the prospect of making his Liverpool bow whether it comes on Wednesday or not."It was good to play for the reserves because I haven't played for a long time, but to play for the first team is something different again and I am looking forward to that," he said."I really want to play, but I need to be patient, I know the time will come for me. I will be happy when I make my debut."This is my job, it's what I am here to do, and I am looking forward to it."Aquilani has been a frustrated spectator during Liverpool's recent run of four straight defeats but the Roman admits that the atmosphere at Anfield during the 2-0 win over arch-rivals Manchester United on Sunday has made him even more desperate to get back playing."It was incredible to be at the stadium on Sunday," he added."It was one of the best games I have seen so far. I don't normally like to watch a match inside a stadium when I am not playing, but I really enjoyed Sunday.Incredible atmosphere"When I was in Rome, although the stadium was bigger, it did not have the same atmosphere as here. Because the fans are closer to the pitch at Anfield, you can feel the atmosphere better."It was very important to win against United and hopefully it can give us more confidence."Aquilani was also quick to thank his fellow players and the medical staff at Anfield for helping keep his spirits up during his lengthy spell on the sidelines."I want to thank all the players and the people at the club because they have been very helpful to me since I arrived here," he pointed out."Obviously as Andrea Dossena is here and speaks Italian, he has helped me, but I want to take the opportunity to thank every player."It has been difficult, but now I want to build up my confidence and I hope to bring out the best of my game here."
Nice.

:lol:Looks like Ice still
pmslallow it fam :ghost:

Liverpool have handed a new contract to midfielder Damien Plessis.The French youngster has been at Anfield for two years after being snapped up from Lyon in 2007.Plessis, who likes to play in a holding role, has made several appearances for the first-team and has been an unused substitute on a number of occasions this term.The France Under 21 international is highly regarded by Rafa Benitez, who has now handed him a fresh two-and-a-half-year deal.
Very good look. The Marga MascheranoWant him to feature more.