The Official Liverpool FC Thread

The Infamous

I don't think there has been a single game we have played well in Europe this season.

WTF is the point in having subs if you only use one.

And are we meant to believe that Spearing is good enough yet Pacheco isn't.

f*ck*ng bollocks, sh*t cunts they love messing up my mood on a thursday.

Was at 5 aside so I missed the game but I saw

Spearing

Lucas

Poulsen

Cole

Mereiles

all starting and my head started to hurt a little, that's basically 5 central midfielders with Johnson being the only player to supply the width.

I'm waiting for Cole to arrive but up until I see him play more than 15 mins without looking like he's suffering a fatal asthma attack he can f*ck off, at this stage of the season there is simply no excuse for him being that unfit.

Ngog should be playing he at least knows how to work the channels and provides us with some width.

/

Aquilani coming back to us is looking more and more likely, Juventus are broke as f*ck.

Aquilani is a class act and for me is a better player than Mereiles, they could defo play in the same team though.

With an attacking left back we could play like this, the pass and move football would be wonderous.

Johnson new LB

Lucas Aquilani

Mereiles

Stevie Caroll Suarez

Cheers Flojo fellow finally a Pool fan with a bit of knowledge ie knowing Juve cant really afford him etc which makes it more likely he will come back question wasnt really addressed to the likes of onelove/murks/goddaz more to Mr Q, Flojo and Trimbal etc

Them links to Bayern Levs CB true as well?

As much as I hate liverpool and wish them no success next season I cant see them finishing out the top 4 tbh as long you sign a defender to play next to Agger and keep him fit for 80% of games and Kenny and keep Gerrard under his thumb and not let him dictate where he plays

Play so much better when he has to sit deep because he cant play superman in the final 3rd hes not willing to help the team do 5 or 6 passes to break down a defense just wants to attempt that 1 sick through ball all the time when not even the Iniestas or Xavis do that smh

But you are gonna miss his leadership when he does age and Carraghers, Kelly is HG but doesnt look like a natural leader tbh 3rd best leader seems like Pep hopefully he is off as well :Y:

And with Suarez is he one of them hopes of playing abroad players? Not looking forward to him playing a full season going to be a problem hope he gets an inury or Muntari takes him out for Ghana fans all over the world

Aint you got any youngers who can play on the wing instead of J.Cole, surely with his signing on fee and wages you could have bought an 8mill defender this summer?

/

Whats the likely line up for the youth FA Cup this weekend?

And if Pacheo and Suso do make it big like Fabregas do you think they will go down that whole returning to Barca route like Pique or do they not have that much potential?

Exciting times for English football replacing all these Gerrard and Lampard robots with the likes of Wilshire, Josh Mc, Morrision, Sterling, Shelvey etc

We are dying for pace in the team. Our squad is sh*t and i know this will be sorted in the summer.

Pacheco has played the last 3 games in the centre of midfield next to Spearing and has played so much better but isnt given a chance.

Joe Cole pisses me off so much, he cant pass, cant run, cant hold the ball up, cant tackle, even when hes foulded and we should of got a penalty he even fell like a f*ck*ng twat.

Joe Cole, Jovanovic, Polsen need to go! All three f*ckers are on crazy wages yet when it comes down to the crunch they play like mediocre players.

Dalglish, Comolli, NESV will get this sh*t in order in the summer. I fully expect atleast 5-7 players in the summer.

As much as I hate liverpool and wish them no success next season I cant see them finishing out the top 4 tbh as long you sign a defender to play next to Agger

This.

Crying out for some one like Vertonghen.

Kyrgiakos, Skrtel, and Carragher have that f*cked up mentality of always kicking the ball long and its so frustrating.

Haven't seen any links to Bay Lev centre back. I have heard about the Dortmund one though, Hummel? Who is highly rated and has a release clause of like 8 million. Thing is, they will be in Champs League next season and the German league is an exciting place right now, unless he wants to test himself abroad don't see why he would leave.

We need a Center back to push Carragher/Skrtle to 4th choice and Soto out. Wilson might take some time to get used to the prem, but he is there in the long run.

More likely we will go for Cahill.

We do need another leader coming through, unless Reina stays hard to see who it will be. But there is a bit of time for that me thinks.

Also I think we have a lot of other players who should be blooded instead of Cole, but I guess they are trying to make him earn some of his keep.

We need wingers, and a DM/Workman in midfield as well. Maybe after Barca do the treble or some sh*t Mascherano will want to actually play football again.

Hopefully we hang on to Reina.

Get rid of

Poulson, Cole, Spearing, Soto, Konchesky.

I do really want Insua and Aquilani back!

Summer should be exciting, owners only spent 1 mill of their own money in January, so expect to splash out.

/

Pacheco, I honestly don't know what's going on with him. But he has signed a new contract, Suso is special and never came from Barca, came from a small Spanish team, so him going back would just be about returning to Spain, the only way we can ensure that doesn't happen is with success.

Youth Cup game should be very intriguing, our youth team is so so sick.

Adam Morgan and Raheem Sterling are literally on fire now, and if Borello can do what he did with his Barca youngsters, stay tuned.

---------------Reina

----------Kelly Cahill Agger

-Johnson------------------Enrique

----------Gerrard Adam

----Sanchez Carroll Suarez

Would be f*ck*ng nuts tbh.

If not Charlie Adam id go for M'Vila or a more versatile Moussa Sissoko.

If not Enrique id go for Emilio Izaguirre, Taiwo.

Sanchez will be the hardest of the lot, all the biggest clubs will be in for him, but there are still others such as Hazard, Lavezzi.

Would mean a stronger bench, some thing we lack.

Gulacsi

Kuyt

Carragher

Meireles

Maxi

Shelvey

Pacheco

Lucas

Cheers Flojo fellow finally a Pool fan with a bit of knowledge ie knowing Juve cant really afford him etc which makes it more likely he will come back question wasnt really addressed to the likes of onelove/murks/goddaz more to Mr Q, Flojo and Trimbal etc

LOL @ Thinking Juve cant afford Aqua. Going on like you man do their finances

Juventus boss Giuseppe Marotta fully expects to make the loan signing of Alberto Aquilani permanent in the summer.

"Aquilani is a player of value and is doing very well, we're happy," said Marotta.

"He has to feel comfortable because the fact that we took him on loan didn't mean that we had to evaluate him.

"His qualities have been known since he played in the youth of Roma and in the national team.

"In due time we'll meet with Liverpool and we will do everything to keep him with us."

He said that a few weeks ago. Please dont chat sh*t before you do your research.

Nah, Aquilani shits all over Adam and we must do our utmost to ensure he is back playing in red next sason. Would prefer we went for M'Villa.

Taiwo is sh*t. Don't want him anywhere near our team unless the FA introduce a rule that you can do roll on and off subs so we just bring him on for free-kicks.

Yung-R did you read we are apparently prepping or did prep a 27 million bid for Sanchez?

And Murks, despite what he says, apparently Juve are not in a great financial position, and we set a high buy out clause.

Guest Portuguese

Haven't seen any links to Bay Lev centre back. I have heard about the Dortmund one though, Hummel? Who is highly rated and has a release clause of like 8 million. Thing is, they will be in Champs League next season and the German league is an exciting place right now, unless he wants to test himself abroad don't see why he would leave.

We need a Center back to push Carragher/Skrtle to 4th choice and Soto out. Wilson might take some time to get used to the prem, but he is there in the long run.

More likely we will go for Cahill.

We do need another leader coming through, unless Reina stays hard to see who it will be. But there is a bit of time for that me thinks.

Also I think we have a lot of other players who should be blooded instead of Cole, but I guess they are trying to make him earn some of his keep.

We need wingers, and a DM/Workman in midfield as well. Maybe after Barca do the treble or some sh*t Mascherano will want to actually play football again.

Hopefully we hang on to Reina.

Get rid of

Poulson, Cole, Spearing, Soto, Konchesky.

I do really want Insua and Aquilani back!

Summer should be exciting, owners only spent 1 mill of their own money in January, so expect to splash out.

/

Pacheco, I honestly don't know what's going on with him. But he has signed a new contract, Suso is special and never came from Barca, came from a small Spanish team, so him going back would just be about returning to Spain, the only way we can ensure that doesn't happen is with success.

Youth Cup game should be very intriguing, our youth team is so so sick.

Adam Morgan and Raheem Sterling are literally on fire now, and if Borello can do what he did with his Barca youngsters, stay tuned.

Hummels is quality and cheaper option compared to Subotic

there apparently is a clause in his contract that allows Bayern to bring him back for €8m in 2012.(but he does not want to go back)

LOL @ Thinking Juve cant afford Aqua. Going on like you man do their finances

Juventus boss Giuseppe Marotta fully expects to make the loan signing of Alberto Aquilani permanent in the summer.

"Aquilani is a player of value and is doing very well, we're happy," said Marotta.

"He has to feel comfortable because the fact that we took him on loan didn't mean that we had to evaluate him.

"His qualities have been known since he played in the youth of Roma and in the national team.

"In due time we'll meet with Liverpool and we will do everything to keep him with us."

He said that a few weeks ago. Please dont chat sh*t before you do your research.

Juventus GM Beppe Marotta admits their transfer market work this season has been hindered by tight finances.

Andrea Barzagli has arrived from Wolfsburg for just €300,000 and Luca Toni picked up an injury in his second game after the move from Genoa.

He said: “This is a year of great economic difficulty for the club and there will be a consistent loss. Unfortunately we have been unlucky with so many injuries to the forwards.

“We can rule out a headline-grabbing January buy, even if we remain vigilant on the market for other options. We do intend to take up our options on Fabio Quagliarella and Alberto Aquilani, but the price-tags are negotiable.”

Get taken over by a rich oil tycoon in last few weeks yeah murko? HMMMM

Anyway back to the real fans....

talian midfielder Alberto Aquilani could yet have a future at Liverpool after reports this weekend suggested Juventus are only willing to pay £5m to make his loan move permanent this summer.

Aquilani, 26, arrived at Anfield from Roma for £17m in summer 2009, but was loaned out by Roy Hodgson last summer with Juve having the option to make the deal permanent for a reported £10m at the end of the season.

But despite being a regular fixture for the Serie A side, making 23 appearances and scoring twice thus far, reports suggest they aren’t willing to pay that price any more so Liverpool could keep the player rather than make a massive loss.

Of course, many supporters weren’t happy with Aquilani being loaned out in the first place, especially when Christian Poulsen was brought in as his replacement – and he would be more suited to Kenny Dalglish‘s style of football.

That was from a few weeks back and then this is from last week

Italian football giant Juventus lost 39.5m euros (£33.5m) in the first half of the 2010/11 season, compared with a 14.2m euros profit a year earlier.

Revenue for the period was 88.8m euros, down 29% on the 125m euros figure in the same period 12 months before.

The club's revenues have been hit by only competing in the Europa League, rather than the Champions League.

It has also been affected by changes to the way Italian clubs share money from television rights.

The board of the Turin-based club said it was predicting "a significant loss" for the 27-times Serie A champions between now and the end of the season.

The club is seventh at the moment in Serie A, seven points outside the Champions League qualification spots.

'Confident'

"Economic trends in the 2010/11 financial year were negatively influenced by the club's failure to qualify for the UEFA Champions League, implying lower revenues from European competitions and lower commercial revenue, as well as the effects stemming from the regulations of the centralised sale of [italian] television rights coming into force," the club said in a statement.

"Accordingly, on the basis of the information currently available and in the absence of any extraordinary events, the 2010/11 financial year is expected to close with a significant loss.

"Nonetheless, the company is confident it has the resources necessary to tackle the negative trend of the current financial year."

Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi's Libyan Arab Foreign Investment Company SA, or Lafico, owns a 7.5% stake in the club.

However, the future of this stake has been clouded in uncertainty in the past week.

Yung-R did you read we are apparently prepping or did prep a 27 million bid for Sanchez?

According to reports we were the secret bidder. Not heard any ITK's say anything on him but i think we will be interested.

Id be so angry if Young is the first choice RW. He hasnt improved enough for me, f*ck id rather Downing than Young.

Our owners will not set a budget on our spending this summer, if they feel bidding £30million+ on a player is a good deal long term they will agree. I fully expect a £40+million net spend this summer. January wasnt enough for our owners, some have said the statement of intent of Carroll and Suarez was over shadowed by Torres.

Summer time we will see...

Dalglish sign a 2+ year deal.

New CEO.

Final decision of stadium, There have been archeteic's at anfield for the last month measuring everything and anything. Plus last week we saw the re-release of people waiting for season tickets to let the club know if they are still interested and any new people who want to put their names down. Talk of around 70,000 people are on that list.

Landmark signing, deadwood sold, improving the first team and squad.

Also the Adidas deal needs to be sorted, we were offered £150million over 10 years, expect this to be higher.

Adam is not enough for what Kenny will be looking to achieve imo he would be a sick first 18 player to come in when your resting your first choice deep play maker but if he is looking to start then Villa/Everton is his level although he pisses all over Barry. Then again some players do step up when they step up like Valencia did for us but if your hoping to finally challenge solidly for the title then Adam wont be that guy imo.

Same applies for Young really as well and one of your main problems over the years has been the lack out a plan b with an out and out winger who can hold the byline like a Lennon, Valencia and Bale type of winger, Young plays better through the middle and he is not going to want to sit on the bench so cant see that happening either. Need more of a Mata type winger.

Brejrin said his name is Michal Kadlec not sure how much he would be available for should just attempt a swap with Kjaer and couple mill for Skertle. He will cost you points over the season which you simply cant afford can see next season being much more difficult then this.

Will all them youngers get a look in with the first team or have to go out on loan, does Kenny have a previous way of doing it to compare it with?

Anyone going to go the tie at Stamford Bridge if your kids somehow win this weekend?

Dont want rid of N'Gog hes good but he has not developed no where anyone would have hoped if anything he could do with a loan to a prem team next season if yo can aford to do so because he is not that Chica type of guy to come on and do the business in no time

Kelly may have had a promising season but so did Evans it could all fall apart

Need a 28 experienced type of defender, Mexes would be a sick signing especially for free but hes going Milan isnt he?

No point buying another young defender with Wilson and Kelly hoping to come through will just put a ceiling on them

Only thing I can see next season is an over reliance on Suarez to unlock other defenses and when he is out the team struggles again too many guys who do their job but cant do anything else aka Maxi, Kuyt and Lucas

Would you sacrifice all the youth coming through by spending millions for instant success aka challenging again?

• Downvote 2

Not even gonna fall for your tricks

When was that published and where does it say we will not go in for either of the players mentioned?

Stop clutching and gassing up this thread with your trademark bullshit. You boring as f*ck la'.

Why did you edit your post from ''ive been to OT more times then you blah blah blah' we are trying to have a mature football discussion here fella could you come back tot he thread 2moro

Ta

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Not even gonna fall for your tricks

When was that published and where does it say we will not go in for either of the players mentioned?

Stop clutching and gassing up this thread with your trademark bullshit. You boring as f*ck la'.

Why did you edit your post from ''ive been to OT more times then you blah blah blah' we are trying to have a mature football discussion here fella could you come back tot he thread 2moro

Ta

Because I dont wanna go back and forth with a silly little stupid f*cking prick trying to get kudos with some trivial talk.

Cheers la'.

"If Juventus will not retain him, he returns to Liverpool even if the player wants to play in Italy, but I don't think in Italy there are another clubs other than Juventus which can take him."

Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis is determined to keep coach Walter Mazzarri out of the clutches of Juventus in the summer.

The manager is the one who really wants him, he is likely to go, which means deal off even if they can scrape the money together

>>>>> Having to school another fan on their own time

SMH

The f*ck*ng DIRECTOR (if he wants him the whole club do) of JUVENTUS is quoted on the OFFICIAL LFC website saying he wants to bring Aqua over on a permanent bases

About only the manager wants him. The f*cks wrong with you?

Your definitely on a VIPMi5 being a stupid f*ck*ng prick mission today in this thread.

Murks, they may want him, but just read the posts that Flojo put up.

They are in financial difficulty and I assume we are going to be pushing for top price if we were to let him go, something which they may not be able to afford.

Was having an interesting (in my opinion anyway) discussion with Mr Q and Yung R, sorry we are not talking in little kiddie words and you feel left our reading more then 3 syllables, shall i dumb it down for you lad?

Liverpool attempted to sign Fiorentina hot-shot Stevan Jovetic last season, according to the player's agent.

Former Reds boss Rafa Benitez revealed earlier this week the Premier League club were interested in the 21-year-old Montenegro international during his reign on Merseyside.

And Jovetic's agent Fali Ramadani claims Liverpool made an approach for him last term but were unsuccessful, with the young striker preferring to remain in Italy.

"I can confirm that last season Liverpool asked me for Stevan," Ramadani told calciomercato.com.

"The deal didn't materialise because the player wanted to stay in Florence."

Ramadani says the Reds have not since followed up their approach for the starlet, adding: "I don't know if the interest is still alive, I have not heard from anyone in England."

Injury

Jovetic has not featured for the Viola this term having picked up a serious knee problem during pre-season which forced him to undergo surgery.

But Fiorentina have been handed a boost with the news he could make his long-awaited return within a month.

"Stevan can't wait to return to the pitch, he really wants to play," added Ramadani.

"This week he will undergo a final medical check-up in Germany, then he will be available to coach Sinisa Mihajlovic.

"Jovetic may return to play in the first week of April."

/

Ajax starlet Christian Eriksen says Barcelona are the only club who could tempt him away from the Amsterdam Arena at present.

The Denmark international is being linked to a host of top clubs, including Arsenal and Liverpool, whose assistant manager Sammy Lee was recently spotted casting an eye over the midfielder.