The Official Liverpool FC Thread

The Infamous

LOL @ Benitez on Sky Sports almost begging to come back to manage Lpool, sh*t was embarrassing..about he wud neva manage Everton or Utd smh like they would hire him..the send 4 Woy was jokes "the sqwaad"

Kenny is after Scott Dann, but Comoli might c*ck-block it...

Dann would be a great signing, proper defender to take over from Carra, Dann is a local lad and used to be a regular spectator on the Anfield terraces.. he would die for the shirt

Yeah Dan's a good option him and Danny should be a good partnership. One brute defender and one cultured ball playing one. Sign another young center back as well because I think Kelly will be a right back for a few years and with Wilson and Ayala hardly getting game time with Skrtel under performing in certain parts of the season and Agger still being injury prone maybe they aren't developing at the rate expected with, Wilson especially thought he would be quite ready for first team football but doesnt seem like it.

Also like the links with Enrique a good solid left back with a decent cross and pace. We need a calmer fullback on the left with Glen doing his crazy runs on the right. Its all about balance..Barca do it with Abidal on the left and Alves playing as a wingback on the right.

Want to get M'villa in there as well. He is young and very very good.

Wilson especially thought he would be quite ready for first team football but doesnt seem like it.

Disagree with this. Has shown when defending bar the Braga game he is very capable. Can't play LB but defensively from what ive seen in the 3-4 reserve games he's very capable. Only 19, him and Kelly should be used in the league cup next year with Wisdom as cover.

Liverpool have confirmed Brad Jones has joined Derby County on an emergency loan until May 7.

The Australian international goalkeeper arrived at Anfield last summer after signing from Middlesbrough.

Jones made his Reds debut in the League Cup third round tie with Northampton Town in September, but has made just one further senior appearance since.

He will link up with fellow on-loan Red Daniel Ayala at Pride Park.

Pmsl at Kenny and Comolli not rating Hodgsons buys.

Guest MO Giro

Wilson especially thought he would be quite ready for first team football but doesnt seem like it.

Disagree with this. Has shown when defending bar the Braga game he is very capable. Can't play LB but defensively from what ive seen in the 3-4 reserve games he's very capable. Only 19, him and Kelly should be used in the league cup next year with Wisdom as cover.

He was below average against West Ham, he isn't yet ready theres alot of delusion around our young players though, many advocated throwing Suso in at the beginning of the season, and were saying he was better than Wilshere based on reserve appearances, now he has had a dip in form i guess people will now realize theres no point of rushing youngsters, while some like Fabregas are extremely talented from a young age many like Pedro, Busquets, even Iniesta take longer to develop.

reserve derby was pretty sick, finished 2-2

went 2-0 down and came back in the second half to finish 2-2, goals from Suso and Saric

4 very good goals in the game, we were sh*t first half and deserved to go behind really but were much better in the second half. Saric got a penalty for a challenge just as the ball was going out, roberts took it and missed it though.

Tony Silva coming on changed the game for us really, added a bit more pace to the forward line and moving Suso in behind the striker gave us more natural width.

Ince is too good for reserve level imo, should be in the first team squad really. Exactly the type of winger we need in the first team on the left, hope his contract situation is sorted out soon and he stays, would be stupid to end up letting him leave on a free.

He was below average against West Ham, he isn't yet ready theres alot of delusion around our young players though, many advocated throwing Suso in at the beginning of the season, and were saying he was better than Wilshere based on reserve appearances, now he has had a dip in form i guess people will now realize theres no point of rushing youngsters, while some like Fabregas are extremely talented from a young age many like Pedro, Busquets, even Iniesta take longer to develop.

Wouldnt mind seeing Suso get some minutes for the first team to see how he fared in the last 1 or 2 games of the season (dependant upon whether our league position would allow it obviously). Some are overhyping him ridiculously, he wont take long to develop imo though. his reading of the game is crazy for a player his age and the fact he has the technique to pick out the passes he spots so early almost every time just makes him a nightmare for the opposition. His dip in form seemed to coincide with him being played in positions that dont suit him so well e.g. out wide. He hasnt even played that badly, he's still created alot of opportunites and worked hard, its just been a dip in form by his own high standards. He was immense again tonight, was the creative force for the team going forward and scored a great goal to get us back into the game.

None of them are really being 'rushed' as such, just shown there are going to be opportunities for them to progress into the first team picture if they perform consistently. Kenny mentioned Flanagan recently in regards to the first team and said he is close to getting involved. He's going about it the right way imo, not just throwing them in at the deep end as soon as they have a few good games, theyre being introduced into the first team picture gradually starting with things like training with the first team at melwood and travelling with the squad for euorpean games.

Guest MO Giro

Wouldnt mind seeing Suso get some minutes for the first team to see how he fared in the last 1 or 2 games of the season (dependant upon whether our league position would allow it obviously). Some are overhyping him ridiculously, he wont take long to develop imo though. his reading of the game is crazy for a player his age and the fact he has the technique to pick out the passes he spots so early almost every time just makes him a nightmare for the opposition. His dip in form seemed to coincide with him being played in positions that dont suit him so well e.g. out wide. He hasnt even played that badly, he's still created alot of opportunites and worked hard, its just been a dip in form by his own high standards. He was immense again tonight, was the creative force for the team going forward and scored a great goal to get us back into the game.

None of them are really being 'rushed' as such, just shown there are going to be opportunities for them to progress into the first team picture if they perform consistently. Kenny mentioned Flanagan recently in regards to the first team and said he is close to getting involved. He's going about it the right way imo, not just throwing them in at the deep end as soon as they have a few good games, theyre being introduced into the first team picture gradually starting with things like training with the first team at melwood and travelling with the squad for euorpean games.

Yeah i don't think Suso is that far away from first team football, i can see him being a regular in a couple years, i just didn't agree with people when they said he should of been starting in our team this season, when there was the likes of Pacheco who couldn't get a game. I agree about the dip in form coinciding with him playing on the right, for example today against Everton when he movied into the middle he was far more effective, i'm excited about his development though, i've said before that him and the lad at Valencia Isco are the future of Spains national side, i hope i'm right.

Yeah i don't think Suso is that far away from first team football, i can see him being a regular in a couple years, i just didn't agree with people when they said he should of been starting in our team this season, when there was the likes of Pacheco who couldn't get a game. I agree about the dip in form coinciding with him playing on the right, for example today against Everton when he movied into the middle he was far more effective, i'm excited about his development though, i've said before that him and the lad at Valencia Isco are the future of Spains national side, i hope i'm right.

c/s, definately not ready to be a first team regular starting. Theres a few aspects of his game that you can see he needs to improve on before he's ready for that e.g. in the newcastle game when the touch challenges started coming in he dropped out of the game a bit due to them. Yh i think he's got massive potential, his vision and technique are very impressive for a 17 year old.

^Agree, what do you guys think about Ince btw? His impressed me everytime i've seen him got a great touch and decent bit of skill

Potential is there.

Gone are the days when we offer youngsters big contracts when they have not achieved it...

Hasnt signed a deal and tbh i think Raheem may be pushing for his postion in the reserves next year.

^Agree, what do you guys think about Ince btw? His impressed me everytime i've seen him got a great touch and decent bit of skill

Ince looks very promising. Has improved so much from his loan deal, think he's ready for time in the first team in all honesty, he's too good for the reserves and going out on loan isnt really necessary given how dire our left hand side is whenever anyone but Suarez is out there. Only bad points really are that at times his decision making is off and he gets greedy trying to do too much. The whole contract situation with him and his dad needs to be sorted out though or he's gone on a free come summer.

Remember the story of Roma possibly being taken over by a partner of our clubs owner?

Well its pretty much completed

Thomas DiBenedetto and Roma have reached an agreement in regards to the American businessman taking over the club from the Sensi family.

DiBenedetto has been in the Italian capital since Monday in advanced negotiations, and released a statement confirming the takeover.

"Italpetroli S.p.a., UniCredit S.p.a. and DiBenedetto AS Roma LLC announce that negotiations in Rome over the past few days have reached a basic agreement to buy up control of AS Roma S.p.a.," the statement on Tuesday evening read.

"Based on this agreement, the buy-out should be completed by a company made up of 60 per cent DiBenedetto AS Roma LLC and 40 per cent UniCredit S.p.a. There is also an option for UniCredit to sell their shares to other Italian investors.

"Over the next few days, we will proceed to write out the definitive versions of the agreements reached today, which also include commitments for the reinforcement and future development of AS Roma.

"The signature of this agreement is expected within the next 20 days, allowing DiBenedetto AS Roma LLC to present financial guarantees.

"Until said guarantees and the signatures are finalised, we will not be revealing any further details on the contents of the agreement."

This must mean my club and Roma will officially be affiliates.

*bbmdancingicon*

Lucas gets a new contract and Aquilani said he is open to returning.

:Y:

Midfielder Alberto Aquilani is willing to return to Liverpool at the end of the season if Juventus do not want to sign him on a permanent deal.

The 26-year-old is on a season-long loan with Juve, having failed to impress in his first season at Anfield after joining from Roma.

Juventus do have the option to purchase Aquilani at the end of the current campaign, but if they do not exercise it, he is happy to go back to Anfield.

He told Gazzetta dello Sport: "The future? I'm at Juve, but I don't know what will happen.

"I'm on loan and if I'm not retained I'd go back to Liverpool in the best league in the world. We'll see."

Aquilani has also been linked with a move back to Roma, who are on the verge of being bought out by Thomas Di Benedetto, a partner of the company which owns Liverpool.

Asked if he would go back to the capital club, he said: "It is a delicate question. I would do, but I think it will be difficult.

"As a fan I'm curious to see what happens, especially if they begin to buy players and to revolutionise the team."

Liverpool are preparing a clear-out as the Anfield side looks to generate funds for significant signings this summer. The likes of midfielders Milan Jovanovic, Alberto Aquilani and Christian Poulsen and full-backs Philipp Degen and Paul Konchesky will all be sold.

Source: http://www.caughtoffside.com/2011/03/31/liverpool-to-sell-seven-to-help-fund-30m-summer-spending-spree/

Caught offside chat rubbish more time but this needs to happen. Still unsure about Aquilani. Can't understand why Insua is hated.