The Official Liverpool FC Thread

The Infamous

Ohh seen lool. Negredo vs Sakho is due to be a mad ting. I expect Mama to come out the winner tho. Just need man like Johnson and skrtel to snap out of it.

We could beat City. Our midfield gets busy plus Lucas got the one on Yaya before

2-0 Liverpool 

:lol: them predictions

Sakho went walk about a couple times leaving Skrtel 1 on 1 with whoever. Johnson sprinting forward like a headless chicken all game. Lucas left exposed by the non-existent Allen (Seriously what does this guy do? Seems to have no awareness of danger around him). Coutinho left Cisokho 2 vs 1 whether it was defending or going forward (this is where the second City goal came from). I can understand why Rodgers bought Mosses on. 

But Rodgers is a nutcase if he instructed his fullbacks to bomb forward like they did. After that game I can see why guys like Mourinho don't let their fullbacks cross the halfway line :lol:

I mostly weren't even talking about him on the ball . Even though yesterday going forward on the ball he fluffed his lines a few times. I'm talking about in transition when City were on the counter he don't even look interested or aware of anything going on around him. So I asked, what does he do? Everything but score and assist? What about the parts where his team needed him to sit back with Lucas while Johnson and Cisokho went forward? If he was under instruction to play as he did then fair enough. But when Lucas went off and Allen took his place there was another point where he was no where to be seen and Sakho had to come out and close down on his behalf. Leaving Skrtle to make another last ditch tackle. That's why I was getting at Allen.

Ohh seen lool. Negredo vs Sakho is due to be a mad ting. I expect Mama to come out the winner tho. Just need man like Johnson and skrtel to snap out of it.

We could beat City. Our midfield gets busy plus Lucas got the one on Yaya before

2-0 Liverpool 

:lol: them predictions

Sakho went walk about a couple times leaving Skrtel 1 on 1 with whoever. Johnson sprinting forward like a headless chicken all game. Lucas left exposed by the non-existent Allen (Seriously what does this guy do? Seems to have no awareness of danger around him). Coutinho left Cisokho 2 vs 1 whether it was defending or going forward (this is where the second City goal came from). I can understand why Rodgers bought Mosses on. 

But Rodgers is a nutcase if he instructed his fullbacks to bomb forward like they did. After that game I can see why guys like Mourinho don't let their fullbacks cross the halfway line :lol:

LOOL Yeah Sakho was lucky he got away with that poor touch. Apart from that minor thing I think his tackling was excellent good anticipation, aggressive, decent passing. Think it was kolarov or someone for city in the second half who put in a cut back cross and Sakho just got a touch on it. Got me clapping. I agree on Johnson this was probably one of his better games in the last 5 as well :lol: joke ting. 

I dont rate moses he needs his contract terminated. Salah ftw 

All in all I think our midfield played well. Coutinho is back to form officially and we should have ATLEAST got a draw. We just got punished for our defenders lack of focus. 

He offers nothing but tackling, against Spurs for example he dispossessed more players than anybody on the pitch. Apart from that his ball retention and pressing is a key reason why we've outplayed City and Spurs midfield, we play like we did today and people still say Allen offers nothing, Toure Fernandinho Silva etc, were kept largely at bay, why do you think that is?

I mostly weren't even talking about him on the ball . Even though yesterday going forward on the ball he fluffed his lines a few times. I'm talking about in transition when City were on the counter he don't even look interested or aware of anything going on around him. So I asked, what does he do? Everything but score and assist? What about the parts where his team needed him to sit back with Lucas while Johnson and Cisokho went forward? If he was under instruction to play as he did then fair enough. But when Lucas went off and Allen took his place there was another point where he was no where to be seen and Sakho had to come out and close down on his behalf. Leaving Skrtle to make another last ditch tackle. That's why I was getting at Allen.

I think thats how Rodgers instructs him to play.

Lucas is the 1, and Henderson and Allen are the two ahead of him allowing them to press further up field. Thats the same way we played against Spurs, City will always be deadly on the counter but whats encouragin is that they didn't shit on our midfield like they have every other team that has come to the Ethiad.

Allen is always good against City, which is why i'm baffled people are questioning what he offers, against City last season Toure said our midfield was the hardest he came up against, Allen was one of the main reasons for that he was excellent. Today Kompany again said the same thing, i think all three of Lucas Henderson and Allen were good today.

This is one of the instances I'm talking about 

LIV_JA.gif

can question the wisdom of Sakho closing down so high up - as he did all game - but Allen was essentially marking space and doesn't even anticipate the run of Fernandinho

Allen is quality. What does he do? Everything but score or assist. He can tackle, has a good first touch and rarely loses the ball, you've seen how City have brushed aside other teams midfields, yet you still find time to critscize Allen.

He is a quality player.

Can you tell me how good Aspas is as well please.

Allen is quality. What does he do? Everything but score or assist. He can tackle, has a good first touch and rarely loses the ball, you've seen how City have brushed aside other teams midfields, yet you still find time to critscize Allen.

He is a quality player.

Can you tell me how good Aspas is as well please.

Not very good lol.

This is one of the instances I'm talking about 

LIV_JA.gif

can question the wisdom of Sakho closing down so high up - as he did all game - but Allen was essentially marking space and doesn't even anticipate the run of Fernandinho

When Sakho closes down so high up the pitch its a joy to behold. A couple of times they gave freekicks for perfect challenges. Allen was there to press the ball high up the field and recycle possession which he did for the team. 

Sakho is a pro active rather than reactive defender which is a double edged sword, Kompany is the same and is lauded as the best CB in the league. 

He was given MOTM by City yet watching the game back Suarez created 2 good opportunities in the first half hour by anticipating Kompany following his run and then taking him out the game with a spin move around the corner. 

Sakho had a crazy 10 minutes yesterday in the second half where he gave the ball away 3 times but aside from that I thought he was very good, Skrtel on the other hand drives me mad and the quicker he's dropped the better imo. His movement for the second goal is mind numbing, had he stood his ground for a few seconds he'd have made Navas make a decision yet he made it a no brainer by closing him down so aggresively and opening up the pass to Negredo.

Site for anyone wanting all our games in full

http://fm.lfc.vn/
  • Upvote 1