The Official Liverpool FC Thread

The Infamous

Hmm is it but reserve level football is piss poor, he is training with the first team at melwoo. Seen him,sama and brad smith in photos. I dont think he will make it if he is a attacking midfielder we spent 7million on luis alberto and suso also possibly coming back.

There is some under 18's we got on our books who are some of the most rated in their age group. Hope Mcalves makes it same with jack robinson. This is so much better than bosman trash

You see i used to subscribe to that argument. but it seems that for the most part players who have excelled at reserve football have took to competitive football like a duck in water. Wisdom is doing well at Derby, Robinson is doing well at Blackpool, even Flannagan who was on his way out is performing well for the first team. Generally i feel that the cream rises to the top, sometimes all these young players need is a chance, i don't doubt if you put Teixeira in our current team he wouldn't excel.

As for Luis Alberto and Suso, i generally rate him higher than Alberto has crazy as it seems given the formers experience, he doesn't have problems with his mobility and technically he is just as gifted, maybe even more. Don't see why he can't at least be a squad player, thing with Coutinho Suso and Tex is that all three can play either as a forward or as a CM.

The u18s are incredibly talented, Ryan Kent, Harry Wilson, Jordan Rossiter are all three of the best talents in this country, also got Ibe and the two lads stolen from Barca as well, not all will make it, but a lot of them will, Wilson is already the youngest player to play for Wales and Rossiter has made it onto our bench, Liverpool haven't had this many prodigies since the Owen Gerrard generation.

there has been a few players excellent at under 21 and reserve level like Pacheco, paul anderson,spearing etc. These players flat track bullied that level and looked like a shoe in for the first team. Yet they all got relieved for their services.fair enough there is more coming through now more than ever. Even if robinson,flanagan and wisdom dont make it at Lfc they will have good football careers.

Havent seen much of Alberto or Tex. I know how people think alberto misses pace i dont think he needs it. Luis alberto was a striker for barca b last season. I seen someone say he is berbatovesque i want to see him get a chance. Love technically gifted forwards. Always got time for those type of players. Maybe loan him out next season and get suso back. Get him some confidence. Regardless if Tex is as good as u think he is hope he gets a chance this season to impress. Heard good things about wilson and rossiter. Yeah its been a long time coming. Would like some scouse talent though feels like all the ballers end up playing for everton rooney,barkley,rodwell,stones,coleman(?) etc. Liverpool should have the best academy in the north west spanning from liverpool player pool all the way to manchester. Its exciting times deffo

Yeah i like Alberto to just feel his lack of pace could hinder him if he wants to play in the forward positions, is a very interesting player though on the face of it, his got all the technical qualities to suceed here, only reason i rate Tex higher because i've got the chance to see him week in week out for the last couple years in our reserves, but i do feel his talent is so muc if he doesn't make it here, he will become a top player elsewhere.

/

You just reminded me how Rodgers was indirectly saying Flannagan wasn't a gifted footballer in that 'Being Liverpool' documentary  :lol:, this is the guy who is now playing 30 yard pin point accurate passes on the ground like say he is Lahm, Flannos progress has me bewildered this season, was the last player i expected to impress me this season he seemed to develop decent technical ability out of nowhere as well.

• Upvote 1

Alberto as a false 9 Ibe left and Sterling right with Suso as AM would be deadly. Dont think he needs pace for that role just needs to hit gym and work on his hold up play. Can drop deep and thread through passes or shoot (hes two footed) when he is closer to the box. Maybe loan him to prem or la liga team in the summer. One year away playing football could do him well like suso and wisdom. There is a player in there. When he came on against newcastle his passes down the corridor were Riquelme like. And his first touch was glued to his foot. He linked up well with Delfeueo think he can do the same with sterling and sturridge.

/

Yeah have to put my hands up he made me eat my words. When he and robinson got introduced by kenny i thought he was a right back version of stephen warnock lool

/

Shelvey wanted first team football and he had too many kinks in his game. Would need a lot of patience I dont think rodgers thought it was worth it. Shelvey is solid but he is too brain dead at times. If he was not made into that player at charlton and moulded under borrell it would be so different. Probably would be our Gerrard replacement potentially

Fulham risk provoking a major row by calling off their Barclays Premier League clash with Liverpool on Wednesday because of the planned London Underground strike even though Arsenal will play at home on the same night.

The League’s bottom club claim they will not be able to get enough stewards to work if a threatened 48-hour walkout by Tube staff goes ahead.

Arsenal, whose 60,000 capacity is nearly three times greater than Craven Cottage, insist they can cope with any disruption on the night of their clash with Manchester United.

But Fulham have set a deadline of 3pm on Tuesday to decide and say they will postpone the match on safety grounds if the Tube dispute has not been resolved.

That decision is bound to anger Arsenal, who play Liverpool in the FA Cup on Sunday and will not want their opponents to enjoy a clear week’s recovery time ahead of the tie while they have a midweek game.

Fulham’s rivals in the relegation battle will also be unhappy. Rene Meulensteen’s side will have been drained by the huge effort they put into Sunday’s 2-2 draw at Old Trafford - to Liverpool’s benefit.

Fulham said in a statement: ‘The club can confirm that it is currently proceeding on the basis that the game will go ahead.

'However, the club has concerns over the potential impact that the strike may have on the ability of its safety staff to attend the ground in sufficient time and numbers to ensure that it is able to open the ground and effectively operate it, from the time that the gates are open to the public until the departure of all supporters.

'After consulting with the local authority and the Metropolitan Police, it has been decided that if the proposed action is still undetermined at 3pm tomorrow (Tuesday), and the club cannot guarantee enough staff are available to attend the ground in sufficient time and numbers, then as a consequence the club would not be able to comply with the terms of its safety certificate and the fixture would be postponed and rescheduled for a future date.

'A further statement will be released at 3pm on Tuesday to confirm whether the game will go ahead or be postponed.'

Arsenal hope enough of their own stewards will get to the match. Parts of the Tube network will still be running and overground trains serving stations near Emirates Stadium will operate normally.

Would put 6 past fulham we didnt even work hard in the second half on saturday. Besides i with one of agger sakho back and johnson back think our squad for the cup game is johnson agger skrtel flanagan allen gerrard henderson alberto sterling suarez ish so there will be rotation. Lol fulham got a depleted squad trying to make excuses

• 2 weeks later...

Andrea Pirlo has backed Steven Gerrard to continue to excel in his new deeper-lying midfield role and insists the Liverpool captain can go on playing at the highest level for several years to come.

The 33-year-old has operated from a different position in recent weeks, just in front of the Reds' back four, to impressive effect.

Juventus star Pirlo admits he's been impressed by what he's seen so far, telling Goal.com: "The intelligent players adapt - and Steven Gerrard has the ability to do that.

"He is an excellent passer of the ball, possesses an intelligent football brain, and has great vision. He has all the qualities to play a deeper role.

"Top European clubs are always progressing with what they can do off the field. Training is getting more scientific, and we are constantly getting more educated on nutrition.

"If you look after yourself and are willing to adapt, there is no reason why you can't play at the top level until your late 30s.

"Gerrard is a top professional, it is very possible he has many top years left for Liverpool and England in a new role."

• 3 weeks later...

Liverpool have approached Portuguese giants Porto to discuss a deal for their highly-rated winger Juan Manuel Iturbe.

Iturbe, currently on-loan at Italian club Hellas Verona, has taken Serie A by storm, scoring five goals in 22 matches so far this season, as well as bagging a host of assists.

Hellas are keen to make the move permanent in the summer, but Liverpool are in talks with Porto over trying to hijack the switch.

It’s thought that Reds manager Brendan Rodgers has been hugely impressed with the 20-year-old’s performances – and after hearing about Hellas’ plans to sign him, has decided to move in.

According to reports, Liverpool made contact with Porto on Tuesday to discuss a possible fee for the player, with Rodgers being kept updated with the negotiations.

Iturbe is valued at about £15million – a price Liverpool would be happy to pay, especially as the club have missed out on so many wingers in recent windows, including Willian, Henrikh Mkhitaryan, Mohamed Salah and Yevhen Konoplyanka.

But there is genuine hope that a deal can be done for Argentine flyer Iturbe, who was linked with Real Madrid earlier in his career.

A fast, intelligent and creative winger who can play up front, many have compared Iturbe to Lionel Messi because of his amazing dribbling ability and similar physique.

/

Liverpool haven't given up on rising defensive star Alberto Moreno, despite speculation in Spain he will join Real Madrid in the summer.

The Reds have long coveted the young Seville left back , and who is already a full Spanish international and widely regarded as one of his nation's brightest prospects.

Madrid media have reported he looks likely to replace Fabio Coentrao at the Bernabeu, but his agent has quickly played down the link, and the Reds remain hopeful.

Boss Brendan Rodgers has targeted a left back in the summer, after deciding not to turn Aly Cissokho's loan deal into a permanent move, and he believes the 21-year-old fits the Anfield profile perfectly.

And even though he could cost as much as £15m, Liverpool would be prepared to splash that sort of cash to try and outbid Madrid - who have other bigger profile striking targets in the summer and may be reluctant to enter a bidding war.

Thoughts on these players? Seen bits of iturbe before not enough tho