All these yewts on road acting like there on this

Bruno Di Gradi

Guest TimeBomb
Of coruse it doesn't.However what you said about Britain not having an age of consent was incorrect, but I'd say thats far from the point, noone holds these men up as examples to follow or as great people.Which is the opposite of Muhammad which is why he gets attacked by people for consumating his marriage with a 9 year old girl.Just saying, it doesn't bother me really.
The legal age for consent in britain was set at 12 years old in 1275, the prophet mohammed pbuh married aisha in 622, over 600 years difference with only 3 year age gap.Steven u aint even worth replying to.
With all due respectI think there is a difference between 'the legal ae in britain' which means, what to anyone? And what is written about the Prophet of Islam in the Qur'anNoone in the modern day England will point to medievil britains as the model for how you should live your life, infact, they are generally thought of as vulgar, drunken, unwashed, oversexed etc etc etc, nor will people from modern England defend or agree with the age of consent being 12 years old.
and how many muslims in 2009 marry 9 year olds?
Probably quite a lot given many Islamic families have arranged marriages. Though I doubt there is consumation at the same age. However in many Islamic countries sex is legal for ALL AGES as long as you are married.Also I wasn't saying that they partake in it, simply that its defended as something that was alright simply because it was 'back then'But ask an English person if they think f*ck*ng a 12 year old was morally acceptable back in 1275 and the answer will be 'no'.
im not defending it, simply saying it was an acceptable part of society back then, so doesnt diminish the prophet mohammed pbuh's character.And in north africa it is certainly not legal to marry at that age, the legal age of consent in algeria is 16, in morocco 18 and tunisia 20, and you cannot get married before the age of consent.In large parts of europe the age on consent is 14, and some american states its still 12.Dont get confused between village people of afghanistan and the modern people of north africa and gulf regions, cos the modern inner city people would very much consider marriage at 9 as unacceptable in this day an age.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats a fair point, since I was talking about the middle east, stereotypical of me I suppose, especially considering I know you are Algerian.Though I still agree with BB that simply because something is part of society it does not make it right, wild hedonism, slavery and violence were also part of society, they aren't right either..

Guest M12 Part 2

lol at bare man arguing over how old mohammed was like say they attended his 9th birthday party.None of u will ever know for sure. regardless of whatever book/person/website tells u. Believe whatever u want and let others do the same

lol @ deliberately avoiding my point (Devils advocate of course)I wasnt talking about what was socially acceptable I was talking about moralityWe all have free will and we all decide what is morally right and what isnt and act upon that.....If ur guy was such a big man im sure he would have just said u know what thats long I aint doing that - Whether acceptable or notanyways who am I to question im just some insignificant pawn whos a slave to society *continues night shift*

Guest TimeBomb
lol @ deliberately avoiding my point (Devils advocate of course)I wasnt talking about what was socially acceptable I was talking about moralityWe all have free will and we all decide what is morally right and what isnt and act upon that.....If ur guy was such a big man im sure he would have just said u know what thats long I aint doing that - Whether acceptable or notanyways who am I to question im just some insignificant pawn whos a slave to society *continues night shift*
But it was morally right in those days, same way it was considered normal to have a slave, along with a whole bunch of stuff we now see as morally wrong.

Guest Esquilax

Good and evil are meaningless terms, as is morality.Morality is subjective, and it changes through time as has become apparent.When overpopulation brings the globe to it's knees and droves of uneducated simpletons are being ground up into Soylent Green, that'll be considered morally acceptable.

But it was morally right in those days, same way it was considered normal to have a slave, along with a whole bunch of stuff we now see as morally wrong.
Fair enough I see your point. I cant complain from day things like Homosexuality is slowly becoming acceptable and Christmas is politically incorrect

Guest Esquilax
morality doesnt change with timea persons morality is an expression of the Almightytime does not change right from wrong
The f*ck does that even mean?I said morality is subjective, what I think is cool, you might think is totally not cool at all.As global society ebbs and changes over time, the things that become socially and morally acceptable worldwide change.Empirical takeovers are considered morally wrong nowadays, slaughtering and pillaging innocent people for land mass gain. This was normal in Roman times, as things were completely different. It will always change. As for this Almighty talk...

Guest Esquilax
morality is any mans opinionthough the good books set out what is and isnt moral as dictated by those who they worship (Bible - God, Quran - Allah etc)though Im curious to know if these books say whether its wrong to be doing these kiddly fiddler antics
Blud the good books are full of paedophilia, incest and all sorts of sh*t.Morality IS subjective.We do have certain morality modules hardwired into our brain, but even that's a pretty flimsy reason.

take your example"Empirical takeovers are considered morally wrong nowadays, slaughtering and pillaging innocent people for land mass gain. This was normal in Roman times, as things were completely different. It will always change. As for this Almighty talk..."just coz it was common practice doesnt mean it was morally right. slaughtering and pillaging innocent people for land mass gain is morally wrong no matter what time it happened.if morality is subjective then there is no true right or wrong.

Guest Esquilax
take your example"Empirical takeovers are considered morally wrong nowadays, slaughtering and pillaging innocent people for land mass gain. This was normal in Roman times, as things were completely different. It will always change. As for this Almighty talk..."just coz it was common practice doesnt mean it was morally right. slaughtering and pillaging innocent people for land mass gain is morally wrong no matter what time it happened.if morality is subjective then there is no true right or wrong.
Yeah, that's exactly right. There IS no true right or wrong. That's what I'm saying.You're thinking in terms of what is morally acceptable and unacceptable in today's society, disregarding the trains of thought that people had hundreds or thousands of years ago. Because morality changes throughout time and always will, it is left to the individual to decide what is acceptable. Therefore, morality is subjective.