Wrestling DVDs

Gunner

The Rise and Fall of WCW I hear misses out a lot of things.Their older documentaries are better than most recent ones.Four Horsemen, both Ric Flair dvds, Shawn Michaels, The Ladder Match, The Best Of Raw, Viva La Raza (Eddie Guerrero), The Rise and Fall of ECW (still the best to date I think)

rise and fall of wcw is alright stillno sting and they make jarret out to be the downfall of wcw

rise and fall of wcw is alright stillno sting and they make jarret out to be the downfall of wcw
Did the standard bashing of:Russo Kevin NashJeff JarrettAside from that the docu was decent, was also surprised Goldberg did a talking head segment considering the fact I thought he was pissed off major with WWE That said no Bischoff (they just used archive footage from Monday Night Wars etc.) meant it was missing something making it 'great', rather than 'pretty good' IMO

Well let's be honest they brushed JJ to the side, treated him like he is nothing in the business which is true. He was never a draw and only got where he was because he was daddy's boy who he ended up stabbing in the back, yet let's not forget he held up the WWE for 750k for that Good Housekeeping match against Chyna.

I c/s the way they dealt with JJ, but I think the anti-Russo stuff is reaching tbh I did notice how despite having no Bischoff they avoided burying him, actually putting him over in certain spots You think they want him back? Normally when they don't bury someone they are within their realm TO bury it's because they hope to keep dialogue between them and possibly sign them Same way they were pretty nice about Sting, I'm sure the prospect of bringing Sting in for a WM match hasn't crossed Vince's mind

Nah they don't want Bischoff back, deep down I doubt he was at major fault for what happened to WCW that was Russo & co, swear Nash was on creative/booking at the time.

Also no documentary for Macho Madness = FAILHaving Matt Stryker and MARIA doing the audio commentary for the matches = SUPER FAILIf only Macho Man agreed to do a proper DVD..
i agree macho man dvd would be alot
Adding Stryker to do the introduction to matches is fine because at least he is knowledgeable, where as Maria I wasn't too keen on them having her do it but I guess it's to add that "glamour".Watching the dvd now, it's a shame you don't get a documentary and they could've done a great one but I guess matches will just do.

Nah they don't want Bischoff back, deep down I doubt he was at major fault for what happened to WCW that was Russo & co, swear Nash was on creative/booking at the time.
Also no documentary for Macho Madness = FAILHaving Matt Stryker and MARIA doing the audio commentary for the matches = SUPER FAILIf only Macho Man agreed to do a proper DVD..
i agree macho man dvd would be alot
Adding Stryker to do the introduction to matches is fine because at least he is knowledgeable, where as Maria I wasn't too keen on them having her do it but I guess it's to add that "glamour".Watching the dvd now, it's a shame you don't get a documentary and they could've done a great one but I guess matches will just do.
Stryker's probably the best announcer in wrestling right now but having him involved is incongruentMore so Maria.. I personally think it was a 'f*ck you' to Macho, they could have atleast got Streamboat or some road agent in the back who knows him pretty well/worked with himInfact having Steamboat doing the audio comm on their Wrestlemania III match would have been emosh.You think the rumours of him trying it with Stephanie McMahon back in the day hold weight?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...