Computer Start Up Problem

Diordna

Can you guys help please,my computer won't start up, it loads the page where you can press F1 and stuff but when the underscore bleep in the top left hand corner finishes, it just carry's on being blank (black) it doesn't seem to load the WINDOWS page and so fourth. So then I try revamping, in the top left hand corner it says press any key to boot from CD, then it says wait while it scans the hardwares configuration, then it just goes blank AGAIN!???

This is bollocks,Just cleaned the inside with a vacuum cleaner to get the dust out, switched it on... next it's doing these long high pitched bleeps...then I found this on the internet http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic95391.htmlbut my bleeps go on for ages...and it won't even load the page where you can press F1 and F8,what do you lot think it is?

hardrive dead or your powerpack is f*cked
you might have bumped something by accident and dislodged some of your ramits a stick (or two) that goes into a slot that shud look similar to this:
yeah just had to switch the ram over to an empty cleaner slot.EDIT: oh and I don't even remember making any huge changes from when it was last wroking,now I'm able to press F1 and see the boot menu but it doesn't take me any further than that, not even safe mode.so I'm guessing it's dead,alright cool, safe you lot, gonna buy a new hard drive.

hardrive dead or your powerpack is f*cked
you might have bumped something by accident and dislodged some of your ramits a stick (or two) that goes into a slot that shud look similar to this:
yeah just had to switch the ram over to an empty cleaner slot.EDIT: oh and I don't even remember making any huge changes from when it was last wroking,now I'm able to press F1 and see the boot menu but it doesn't take me any further than that, not even safe mode.so I'm guessing it's dead,alright cool, safe you lot, gonna buy a new hard drive.
cost cutting tip: it might be possible to test your machine with a known working hard drive from another machine to make sure that sorts it out edit: before buying a replacementbut...ive no idea about hard disk compatibility and if thats even a potential issue