The Gym Topic

Flojo

Guest M12 Part 2
Carpe im coming for you lol, 180k deads becoming easier now for me, 200k soon come :D
do u use mixed grip or double overhand
Mixed, no straps
i do same but i keep hearing horror stories of peoples biceps ripping off on the arm where ur palm is facing away from you. im seriously considering double overhand with straps but i dont think my grip will be strong enough to lift same weights

Carpe im coming for you lol, 180k deads becoming easier now for me, 200k soon come :D
do u use mixed grip or double overhand
Mixed, no straps
i do same but i keep hearing horror stories of peoples biceps ripping off on the arm where ur palm is facing away from you. im seriously considering double overhand with straps but i dont think my grip will be strong enough to lift same weights
Never neard that, been doing that for years and feel fine. Try it and see whats ur comfy with, would be funny holding it like that after doing it mixed for so long

Stopped training 12 months ago after being admitted to hospital with Pericarditis. Thats an infection of the heart where my heart got bigger somehow causing breathing problems. Moving to Zante this summer (2 weeks tomorrow) so going to do some cardio whilst over there in the midday sun to burn excess fat. Not got much fat but would like a decent body by the peak season (july/august), arms are not bad, naturally big. Runs in the family with my dad being a bodybuilder etc. But going to get right back in the gym when back from Zante. Going to start Muay Thai and Football again.

Ha. I love seeing people I haven't seen in a bit. I see this dude every 3 months for our team day. Yesterday he was like "Dude you're getting even bigger". I personally hadn't noticed any growth for like 6 months so was good to hear!No gym really this week. Gonna go tomorrow but had to take the last few days off coz I had an exam today and I have a game on Sunday so not really gonna go after Thursday. After that it's back in hard again.

summer goons started to come back,, gym's been packed more than usualim just too cut and not enough weight/muscletoo late now cos summers already herei will prob join my bredrin on his next juice dosage in about 5 months i can confirm cos my bredrin has doubled size since i last mentioned him starting on a dosagehes pushing 2x more than everyone he started with and is already looking beastly. no problems with anything else eitherobv he knows he'll lose some strength when he stops but, hes stoppin for 6 months then back on it.

its only been about 2 weeks since i lifted weight and im already going f*ck*ng mental. its mad how much u come to enjoy moving heavy lumps of iron around. been going to the gym most days to do cardio but i dont enjoy running like i do lifting,i look good atm but it breaks my heart walking straight past the weights section and the usual crowd to go to the treadmills. and i know when i get back on it all my lifts will have taken a big hit, i will of lost strength and its gonna take months for my hand to be healed back fully how it was. in a couple of weeks im gonna try add squats back in and any other stuff that isnt gonna cause me problems with grip. im gonna use this as an opportunity to really focus on getting my legs strong and work on abs and my general fitness.

the way my real world strength exploded after getting serious about deadlifs and squats>>>>>>>>they have actually become lifts i really enjoy, just somthing rewarding bout having double ur body weight on the bar + as i said they really increase ur strength and core in a noticeable way. deadlifs and squats improved all my other lifts.