The Gym Topic

Flojo

missed legs last week, was meant to go tonight but apparently i got sum curry thing to go to, might bunk off uni 2morrow morning to get it done, can't miss them 2 weeks in a row.
In other words, night on the tiles with a curry and chips at the end of the night
i've decided to give the curry a miss, they're eating at 10 so i'm gonna have a few social drinks until 10 and then f*ck off home so i don't feel sh*t tomorrow. dunno why i told u that.

my squat has stalled the last few weeksi can't push it over 80kgi tried taking it back down to 75 for more reps but i still can't progress past 80i'm not sure what the problem is cos i progressed so rapidly up to 75/77.5 then just hit a brick walli'm also not sure if i've been getting ligament/joint pains and clicking from the squats

my squat has stalled the last few weeksi can't push it over 80kgi tried taking it back down to 75 for more reps but i still can't progress past 80i'm not sure what the problem is cos i progressed so rapidly up to 75/77.5 then just hit a brick walli'm also not sure if i've been getting ligament/joint pains and clicking from the squats
U new to the gym ? maybe noobie gains, no send, noobie gains are sick but dont last forever.Just keep at it

U new to the gym ? maybe noobie gains, no send, noobie gains are sick but dont last forever.Just keep at it
nah not exactlya while back i stopped lifting weights, just did press-ups etc. for a few months then got back into in jan/februrary on the 5x5 and decided to start from scratch even though i could obviously lift more than the bar

i don't really rate the old 5x5 on ur legs, coz they're such a large muscle group i don't think anything less than about 8 reps isn't gonna be too effective, or that's the way i felt after doing it for a while. I do 12 reps, 10 reps and then 2 sets of 8 reps and i go up by about 10k each time, i start on 20k on each side, so i guess that's 60 with the weight of the bar as well, although i don't squat right to the floor, hurts my knee joints too much, i try to go just past 90 degrees.

Didn't know where to put this but I keep seeing guys rocking when lifting weights. If I recall you aren't supposed to and the only time I would rock is if it is like the last 1 or 2 reps in my final set, but I'm seeing guys rocking for their entire set. These guys are still blench though so am I right in assuming that the sh*t ain't good for you or is it not as bad as people are making out?/On topic, nice set at the gym but my triceps are weak. Was annoyed I could finish one set on my left arm but still, I still feel motivated to keep working out.

Didn't know where to put this but I keep seeing guys rocking when lifting weights. If I recall you aren't supposed to and the only time I would rock is if it is like the last 1 or 2 reps in my final set, but I'm seeing guys rocking for their entire set. These guys are still blench though so am I right in assuming that the sh*t ain't good for you or is it not as bad as people are making out?
I see this also. Bare huge guys doing sh*t with terrible form. Like throwing their whole body back to do lateral raises etc.

Glad to see it's not just the gym I'm at. Problem with this is is it is hard to know if I'm doing sh*t right because only like 2 people have actually given me advice when I'm doing something wrong. The rest just screw up their face and try their hardest to lift like the heaviest weights.

Glad to see it's not just the gym I'm at. Problem with this is is it is hard to know if I'm doing sh*t right because only like 2 people have actually given me advice when I'm doing something wrong. The rest just screw up their face and try their hardest to lift like the heaviest weights.
happens at every gym; some of the deadlift form i seen is cripple-provoking and i rate them man cos most people at my gym do the bate shitluckily there's always someone i can ask for advice tho if i feel suttins off