The Gym Topic

Flojo

• 2 weeks later...

Going gym with someone else>>>________

Makes you go so much harder.

/

LOL @ Gymbox in Westfield's prices. £70 something a month. Nuts. And whilst the gym facilities are very nice, it's not worth it. Still got the same d*ckheads working out alongside you that you hate in cheaper gyms and not enough weights for everyone.

Going gym with someone else>>>________

Makes you go so much harder.

/

Trust, finally got myself a dedicated gym gang, been going for two weeks now, bare encouragement and obviously you can attempt weight you couldn't on your own and push yourself.

Goin on your own must be dry, don't even get rest periods and you have to stay within your comfort zone

Tbh it depends on the kinda person you are. And the kinda ppl your training with.

If you're the kinda person who won't go gym unless their partner is going. IMO you ain't really on it anyway and it's just another phase.

But training with someone who talks a lot unnecessarily , doesn't work hard/push/challenge you is just as bad or even worse than going on ur 1s and being focused.

Had my tonsils taken out a week Friday with no problems, everything was going well and i thought i was on the road to recovery. This Friday they started to bleed, they bled for about half an hour and then stopped. I was fine all day Saturday and then at about 8:45 that night they bled for 30 minutes before stopping yet again. Got into bed, started watching MOTD, just as Persie scored i felt blood trickling down my throat and coming out of my mouth. Rang an ambulance but as it was snowing they had difficulties getting around, one did turn up but they couldn't take me with them as it wasn't a suitable ambulance to take patients in and they said if i needed help getting transport it could be a long wait but they would stay with me whilst i waited. I made my own way to the hospital and went to the A&E department, i had a lunch box with me that i was spitting blood into that was by then almost 3/4's full. Loads of drunks in the A&E that had fallen over or had been in fights, but eventually 40 mins after turning up i managed to get seen to. By then it had got worse, blood was clotting in my throat, i coughed up some hench blood clot and thats when the nurse decided to take me to the resuscitation unit within the A&E department, i was beginning to lose loads of blood, my heart beat was consistently in the late 120's so they hooked me up to a drip and took 2 lots of blood from my arm (i guess this was in case i needed to be given blood) and gave me an oxygen mask which wasn't very helpful as i had to keep taking it off every 20 seconds to spit blood out. I couldn't see an ENT doctor because there wasn't any at Royal Berks, as they alternate between there and Wexham Park, so i had to be transferred to the latter, but again snow was causing problems and they couldn't get an ambulance to take me. After gargling numerous substances my tonsils eventually stopped bleeding on there own at about 5 in the morning, and at about 5:30 an ambulance came to take me to Wexham Park. Got there and felt so knackered but i was on some real uncomfortable bed whilst i waited to see a doctor so couldn't sleep no matter how hard i was trying. Doctor did come and just said not to eat or drink and sent me down to the ward. Later that morning i saw another doctor who had a look and said i can eat and drink as normal but that i had to stay in overnight just in case of any problems. It was a long day and night but luckily i didn't bleed again. I was deemed well enough to go home yesterday lunch time and have felt like sh*t since although i am marginally better this morning after a good nights sleep. I just really hope they dont bleed again as i can't be f*cked with it. I'm meant to go back to work on Monday and should hopefully be well enough to do so, but i'm not gunna be able to jogging etc for a while, im just going to have to do light exercises. I just want to get back to normal, its been a loooong week.

anyone done a dirty bulk before ?

thinking of this for 10-12 weeks before doing my cut and jumping on a fat burner like lean degree to maintain my size but get rid of the fat ill end up with on the belly/chest/legs.

When i say dirty i dont mean eating total shit and junk food.... just not watching the calorie intake and not shying from seconds and things like pizzas and white foods(pasta, bread etc...)

/

havent been this into gym for years really want some serious gains this year to show for it(still working on them aguero legs)

Anyone with high metabolism? I can cut and define up really good and strength is cool. But tryna to fill out or bulk a bit more, is seeming next to impossible! feels like ive hit a plateau

I burn fat without having to do anything! burning fat as I sit typing this post!

tips

Anyone with high metabolism? I can cut and define up really good and strength is cool. But tryna to fill out or bulk a bit more, is seeming next to impossible! feels like ive hit a plateau

I burn fat without having to do anything! burning fat as I sit typing this post!

tips

yeh mate you just gotta eat a lot more!! Thats the only way to gain weight by eating more than you burn. have a look at the GOMAD diet. its a galon of whole milk a day. I personally couldnt do it as that amount of lactose would have me on the toilet all day lol.

tips

yeh mate you just gotta eat a lot more!! Thats the only way to gain weight by eating more than you burn. have a look at the GOMAD diet. its a galon of whole milk a day. I personally couldnt do it as that amount of lactose would have me on the toilet all day lol.

Lol Sounds mad! don't think I could put myself through that "Gomad" diet.

Needs to be sustainable and affordable

started that a weight loss regime in the new year, doing Insanity everday and some cardio in the evenings, alongside playing football and skating ever week

started off at 254lbs at the beginning of Jan, just weighed myself the other day and i came in at 239lbs :Y:

looking to get down to sub 200lbs by the end of the month if not close

overall goal is 180 then bulk back up to a muscular 190/200lbs

wish me luck!

oats, rice, eggs, tuna, beef mince are all cheap.

give us an example of how much you eat on an average day...

because i believe self proclaimed 'hard gainers' are simply just not eating enough grub.

A typical Mon-fri for me

Mornings - (hit and miss cos of travel time to work max bowl of cereal or toast)

Mid morn - work canteen brekie snack

Lunch - full lunch meal usually rice and chicken curry etc, or lasagne and desert (canteen)

After work straight to gym 2-3 (or home workout) days a week (weekends inc)

Home - Dinner - (varies during the week from oven foods to stir frys, spag bol, rice and lamb, tuna pasta and so on)

Eve/night just general snacking.

And if I have a few weeks where im eating more or have a pig out session has little effect.

my natural physical frame is athletic (family are the same) and I used to train/compete locally for 200m 100m and long jump a while back and have never changed much, other than strength and definition.

started that a weight loss regime in the new year, doing Insanity everday and some cardio in the evenings, alongside playing football and skating ever week

started off at 254lbs at the beginning of Jan, just weighed myself the other day and i came in at 239lbs :Y:

looking to get down to sub 200lbs by the end of the month if not close

overall goal is 180 then bulk back up to a muscular 190/200lbs

wish me luck!

How tall are you?