The Gym Topic

Flojo

He's actually right. I had shin splints when I went to Pre season training when I was a lot younger. Put on about 1.5 stones in summer. Starting running and my shins were on fire. Physio said the tendons in my shins weren't used to the extra weight. Said the only remedy is rest and non impact cardio to lose some of the weight and then gradually back into running again.

Guest M12

medieval torture implements>>>>>>>>>>prowler.

thought i might acclimatise, but it kicks my arse every week.

Where you training with a prowler? Real talk I might roll

im in wiltshire, i go to a local gym which caters to powerlifting/strongman.

cant remember if ur in london or manchester, but you should be able to find a prowler, you could try genesis in wembley or go this place: http://www.strengtha...rformance.co.uk if your in manchester

or get your own:

https://www.strength...prowler&x=0&y=0

or push ur car.

if i was bawling outta control i would open up a gym like defrancos

would make p's

annoys me when i see these dons in america with there sick gyms and my one is meh

altho i have recently signed up to uel's new gym which is where the us basketball olympic team is gonna train in june throught the olympics

but of course when they come noone else can use the gym and of course beacuse they are american and therefore cunts they are bringing in everyone from america to work there from the cleaners to the gym staff

only americans

Guest M12

There are plenty of gyms in uk with all the right equipment. It's just nobody wants to pay for the one on one coaching and most people are scared to step into an atmosphere where guys are serious like that. Get scared when their not surrounded by fat people and pink dumbells.

havnt been gym for 1 week no shakes and a weekend abroad have derailed my enthusiasm but when my shit comes tomorrow i shall be going twice daily to make up for it

There are plenty of gyms in uk with all the right equipment. It's just nobody wants to pay for the one on one coaching and most people are scared to step into an atmosphere where guys are serious like that. Get scared when their not surrounded by fat people and pink dumbells.

where?

where?

genesis in wembley, bethnal green weightlifting club, british barbell in peckham (dont think you can just turn up and train tho, its a powerlifting club), muscleworks proper bodybuilder's gym in east, reflexions in dartford if you dont mind a trek, lots of strongman gear. and so on

/ theres plenty of good gyms around the uk, but the guys who run them struggle, sometimes to even break even because ppl dont support. they go to the chain gyms even tho they're more expensive, full of useless equipment whilst lacking the most basic strength necessities.

if youre serious about training you should go to a serious gym, the best place to get strong is a building full of people stronger than you. for example the gym i go to i suppose could be seen as intimidating to the uninitiated, its the gym of choice for local powerlifters, strongmen, bouncers, bikers and general meatheads and gym rats, you will see some monsters snorting ammonia and bending barbells. A month or two ago a group of gym brahs turned up obv in preparation for summer, when they started they were on some crappy bb split doing drop sets of curls and so on, yesterday i saw the same group box squatting and flipping tires out in the yard, basically they had been inspired by their environment and decided to embark on the journey to becoming strong individuals, its a beautiful thing.

• Upvote 1

i dont completely agree that you need to be in a roid den to get the body you want. But its true that you dont need a super fancy gym to get big either.

Generally i like to change Gyms once a year, but i agree that to get to bigger goals you may need a bigger / more serious gym

Gyms of quality in the UK on par with the gyms in the US are rare. partly bcos of the country size and the attitude to sport/bodybuilding.

i would say The uni i did my masters has a better gym than anything ive seen in the UK,

even my cousin' state university gym is better, and this includes all the UK chain gyms. The only comparison is the Reebok gym in canary wharf

You can be serious about training and train in Fitness first, or your leisure centre. but it also depends on what goals you want to attain.

ive never been one to want just pure mass with no definition and then claim im 'bulking' through out the year which ive seen in bodybuilding gyms. The you'll be looking at what some of the Bbers are pushing not taking into consideration the sh*t they're also injecting/snorting before they arrived that day.

i joined a friend at Fitness first last month for a few days and their heaviest dumbbells are 50kg, which is below what i use. i could take him from his current 40kg to 50kg in about 3 months..then he would need a new gym with heavier weights.

The strongman man room is an area dedicated to old school strength training with an array of Olympic lifting and strongman equipment. Here you will find atlas stones, log lifts, Olympic weightlifting platforms with rubber weights, kettlebells and much, much more.

It's also an area you can let loose your inner caveman so feel free to train with your shirt off, grunt and shout as you push for those extra strength gains.

img_gym_general_strongman.jpg

http://www.hooksgym.com/hooks_gym_facilities/index.php

where?

genesis in wembley, bethnal green weightlifting club, british barbell in peckham (dont think you can just turn up and train tho, its a powerlifting club), muscleworks proper bodybuilder's gym in east, reflexions in dartford if you dont mind a trek, lots of strongman gear. and so on

/ theres plenty of good gyms around the uk, but the guys who run them struggle, sometimes to even break even because ppl dont support. they go to the chain gyms even tho they're more expensive, full of useless equipment whilst lacking the most basic strength necessities.

if youre serious about training you should go to a serious gym, the best place to get strong is a building full of people stronger than you. for example the gym i go to i suppose could be seen as intimidating to the uninitiated, its the gym of choice for local powerlifters, strongmen, bouncers, bikers and general meatheads and gym rats, you will see some monsters snorting ammonia and bending barbells. A month or two ago a group of gym brahs turned up obv in preparation for summer, when they started they were on some crappy bb split doing drop sets of curls and so on, yesterday i saw the same group box squatting and flipping tires out in the yard, basically they had been inspired by their environment and decided to embark on the journey to becoming strong individuals, its a beautiful thing.

Genesis in wembley? WIll have to investigate.

lost 2 stone on the carb diet before plateau'ing. Pretty happy with results as i'm fairly ripped, almost six pack if that makes sense.

wanna go that extra bit further so gonna try pound on as much lean muscle over the next 4 weeks to increase my metabolism and then hopefully trim down again after that.

Only taking promax and bcaa's.

what diet is this caz

and what regime were you doing

Minimum - Zero carbs. So 100% cutting out bread, pasta & sugary stuff.

I basically only ate chicken, turkey, beef and fish, grilled, baked fried or however. I didnt eat any vegetables either for the first half, but to be honest it wouldnt have been bad if i did - as long as it's not starchy stuff like potatoes.

Training wise i did boxing one day a week and gym 2-3 times a week. Gym consisted mostly of bodyweight exercises on the trx and light weights 6-14kg dumbbells with high reps. Also sprints at the end.

Actually lost more than 2 stone of fat but gained muscle at the same time.

Not on the diet anymore cos realistically its not sustainable long term but great short term, hence why im tryna build muscle now to raise metabolism.