The Gym Topic

Flojo

I don't believe you're a real person but thats a whole nother topic. Let's keep it gym in here brah. Lift di weights and post di tips.

/

Currently taking a week off before I embark on a winter strength cycle. Want to be throwing around the 50kg dumbells by nxt summer.

9 to 5 dons. How do you stay motivated to hit gym? WHen do you hit the gym morning/evening? IT'S BLOODY HARD LADS. I'M mentally motivated but my body is just exhausted.

I actually need gym. It's like therapy to me. Certain times when I don't go I can't get a good nights sleep. Im the complete opposite to you though i feel mentally drained and want ro do something physical to counteract it. People have different routines, personally I prefer going

Home after work. Eating and jamming for an hour or two. Then hitting gym about 9-930pm. There's been times where cos of where I've been working I've had to go straight from work though and although I don't prefer that if it needs to be done I'll do it. Your head isn't always right though, sometimes I'll go in gym feeling like im literally about to fall asleep. Do the warmup and then be pumped or I'll be like yeah I'm fresh today gonna raise the bar and then go on to have a sh*t workout. Just gotta get yourself in the building. Once you're there the rest takes care of itself.

mind over matter. you can take so much more than you think you can. Obv it depends on ur job a manual labourer is gonna have a harder time than someone who sits in an office. I used to do 10 hours on my feet and i would feel dead by the end of the night, then the lads would be like "Legs day, lets ave it" go to the cafe, chow down, wait for the gym to open and smash it.

I hate not being able to go gym. I'm addicted to getting stronger. On top of that, people are noticing gains. At work, my girl and even her mum. The only thing that pisses me off with gym is how packed it is after 5/6. Either takes forever to do my workout or I can't do it properly because I'm pissed off.

took a week off after my hol(banged it out on hol)

gnna take some caffine pills for a week or so to get back in the routine

once in the routine it becomes a habbit..... just hard to get into it and easy to leave it

m12 have you got goals you want to achieve? like achieve x amount of kg on a certain lift etc.

Yeah.

I'm a bit of a pansy these days though. Back of my mind for next summer im looking to get stupid ripped, but at the same time I like lifting heavy stuff.

Chest at the moment I can bang 4x10 with 42kg dumbells.

Back dumbell rows im ding 42 3x8

Squat 120kg 3 x5.

My squat is v. weak compared to my other lifts, so need to get that up.

Hopefully for summer. Want to be moving the 50kg dumbells for reps in bench and dumbell rows and slap 20-30kg on my squat. All whilst maintaing di abs. Im 6ft3 and 90kg at the moment. If i can get up to about 95kg. I'll be happy.