The Gym Topic

Flojo

When I jump back on my lean bulk:

Chest + Light tri

Back + Traps + Light Bis

OFF

Legs + Shoulders + Traps

Chest (Mainly upper chest focus) + Full out arm day

OFF - I'f I;m not working a Saturday shift I'll throw in another Leg session/Squats

OFF

Upper Chest and Traps are the main focus for my next bulking phase since those are my weak spots. Jeff Seid designed it for me, messaged him on Bodybuilding months ago before he became popular.

[media]

[/media]

hes jooocy

no homes

rep ranges

rest times

exercises

?

Well im goin for hypetrophy and aesthetics brah so rep ranges are 8-12 but he recommended adding 1 or two power sets consisting of 3-5 reps

lol

chest + biceps

rest

Legs + shoulders

rest

back + triceps

rest

rest

Chest + triceps

Rest

Back + biceps

Rest

Shoulders + legs + abs/smaller muscles

Rest

Rest.

/

At the end of the day, train hard, diet on point, and rest and you will see gains. Different routines work for different people. If somethings working for you keep doing it, there doesn't have to be one strict guideline which applies for everyone. Play about with it and see what you enjoy and feel good with.

+ Add in another day for your weaker bodypart(s)

Key to muscle gain is slow controlled movements, time under tension training. Don't just load up some heavy weight on the bar feed your ego, use a weight you can handle for 8-12 slow reps. E.g. bench press 3-4 seconds on the negative, 1 second pause at the bottom then 1 second on the positive.

Monday - Chest and light weight/ more reps (20 plus) tri's (prob biggest session of the week)..

Tuesday - rest my upper body and do a legs sesh

wednesday - back and light weight / more rep (20 plus) bi's

Thursday - Hard shoulders sesh

Friday - Heavy weight Arms (bi's and tri's) the normal 10 reps but with basically as heavy as i can lift while maintaining a good technique

Saturday - i have football so i take that as my cardio

Sunday - rest

15-20 mins on abs at the end of each sesh + 10 minutes on a rower as a warm up and and 5 minutes as a warm down.

^ routine

need to go harder on legs tbh.. they're an 'acceptable' size but i'm 6ft5 and my legs are long so they need to be big so i don't look out of place in shorts.. trouble is my work is very physical and on my feet all day so may how to switch up the routine to do legs on a weekend where i can get a rest the following day.

/

been off gym & work for 2 weeks because i sprained my ankle badly at football.. it's killing me, i feel like iv lost about 3 stone but i haven't

oh we posting our routines

day 1 chest + tri + abs

day 2 back + traps

day 3 quads + calves

rest

day 4 shoulders + biceps

day 5 deadlift + hamstring

rest

sometimes play about with the rest days depending on schedule

I play with mine tbh.

Currently:

Legs (incl. calves) & Abs

Rest

Chest & Back

Rest

Arms & Abs

Rest

Shoulders

Repeat

But I previously gone...

Legs

Chest & Triceps

Rest

Back & Biceps

Shoulders, Calves, Abs

Rest

Legs

Continue with this flow, so in week 2 your only do legs once, basically two days on, one off...

lol true but my day 1 is rarely a monday...just whatever day i start back up in the gym.

also guys who do 2 big muscle groups in a day ie. chest + back, how long you spend in the gym?

what do you guys do for abs at the gym?

I never botherd to do them there just did them 2 times a week at home

Only recently started doing them, normally do a few burn out sets/supersets with resistance after my workout once/twice a week.

Usually do woodchoppers for obliques using cable machine, side twists with a barbell, leg raises and finish off on the weighted ab machine at the gym.

what do you guys do for abs at the gym?

I never botherd to do them there just did them 2 times a week at home

already at the gym, what's an extra 10 minutes per session on abs (if you already have them)

quick tip, if you already have abs, a quick 10 minutes at the end of each sesson will keep them in shape.. if you don't already have decent abs or there is a lot of fat covering your abs then it's better to do 1 big session on abs like you would any other muscle.

a lot of people get confused and think it's better to train their abs everyday and will automatically get them after a while.. doesn't work like that...1 hard session per week is better.

/

chest on a monday because it's when i have the most weight on my upper body, i'm well rested after the sunday off and generally go the hardest on chest sessions.. then my upper body gets a days rest while i do legs on a tuesday.

you have to remember the other muscles you're uncontrollably working while doing certain exercises E.G you will be working tri's while doing chest exercises hence the reason people pair chest and tri's.

if you pair your tri's with something else like back as i saw in someones routine, when you're on your "back and tri's" day your tri's wont be at 100% after the chest session you did earlier in the week/day before so you wont get as much out of them as you would of if you smashed them out along with chest

if you pair your tri's with something else like back as i saw in someones routine, when you're on your "back and tri's" day your tri's wont be at 100% after the chest session you did earlier in the week/day before so you wont get as much out of them as you would of if you smashed them out along with chest

Maybe it's cos I wanna work tris twice a week?

Thanks for the advice tho buddy