The Gym Topic

Flojo

But would You sit facin the pull up bar. If not, would You work Your back as much?

I don't understand this question

someone called 2 exercises the same thing, when Your body positions are completely different. 

my question is will  You work Your same muscles doing this:

chin-up-exercise-12543.jpg

as You would doing this:

bowflex-exercises-lat-pulldown.jpg

Your legs move during one and are fixed in the other, telling me that You won't and the exercises are substantially different, but that's argument' sake, I'll continue to do both. 

I also guess the question is voided if You have one of these, as You are able to do an unassisted Lat Pulldown, and I was in fact wrong, provided the gym has the equipment:

plate_loaded_lat_pulldown.png

But would You sit facin the pull up bar. If not, would You work Your back as much?

I don't understand this question

someone called 2 exercises the same thing, when Your body positions are completely different. 

my question is will  You work Your same muscles doing this:

chin-up-exercise-12543.jpg

as You would doing this:

bowflex-exercises-lat-pulldown.jpg

Your legs move during one and are fixed in the other, telling me that You won't and the exercises are substantially different, but that's argument' sake, I'll continue to do both. 

I also guess the question is voided if You have one of these, as You are able to do an unassisted Lat Pulldown, and I was in fact wrong, provided the gym has the equipment:

plate_loaded_lat_pulldown.png

Most people I see do overhand grip...there's no diff

No difference in your body position doing a lat pulldown and a pull up lens don't lift

please refer to the pic I posted. the exercises have different body positions

one has the knees in front and feet touching the floor, the other has knees underneath and feet behind. 

I'll accept that they may work the same muscle groups as others have said, but they are different body positions and not the same exercise. 

much obliged. 

stretch before each exercise, so I would do back stretches directly before doing deads if I were doing those.

I would also lift a lighter weight than I can manage and work up, which I consider a form of stretching. 

what I wouldn't do is one routine of all stretches, then do all my exercises with no stretch in between. 

No difference in your body position doing a lat pulldown and a pull up lens don't lift

please refer to the pic I posted. the exercises have different body positions

one has the knees in front and feet touching the floor, the other has knees underneath and feet behind.

I'll accept that they may work the same muscle groups as others have said, but they are different body positions and not the same exercise.

much obliged.

Lmao the picture is just taken from Infront of the pull up bar instead of behind the bar, you're still facing the same way as if you were doing a lat pull down exercise on the machine..only difference is your knees under the pads but it makes no difference.. Different people prefer 1 over the other or like both equally.. Your legs aren't working so they're just stabilisers in a lat pull down otherwise the weight would lift you up (if its heavy enough)

stretch before each exercise, so I would do back stretches directly before doing deads if I were doing those.

I would also lift a lighter weight than I can manage and work up, which I consider a form of stretching.

what I wouldn't do is one routine of all stretches, then do all my exercises with no stretch in between.

But you use pretty much your entire body for a deadlift so what's the point stretching your back if you're not going to stretch everything else .. The reason people stretch everything at once is because there's not some 10 minute time limit on what's been stretched lol and the majority of exercises work more than 1 muscle group directly or indirectly so it makes no sense to stretch just the working muscle