The Gym Topic

Flojo

not a fan of that top exercise, normally used by guys that make a lot of noise when they lift because it appears like you've got a lot of weight on the bar..

Yeh pretty much the same exercise as that machine but with the inside grips not the grip the model is using ..

The reason I set my split like I do is because all muscle groups have a supporting muscle group which still gets a pump eventho it's not directly worked, so to get the best out of your sessions you want to try avoid anything that was worked the day before.. After Iv smashed back if I done legs the next day (primarily squats) I wouldn't get 100% out of it because my lower back would still be tired from the deadlifts/rack pulls on back day.

Monday back into Tuesday chest (nothing majorly connected) then moving into legs for the Wednesday my back is in top condition and nothing I do for chest is going to affect leg day.. Then leg day onto shoulders, front delts do play a part in arm day for the Friday but in a good way, a lot of people uncontrollably use too much shoulders and not enough bicep when curling but if my shoulders are already tapped out then my biceps will have no choice but to do all the work

/

Ull get far more strength gains from the compound lifts than you ever will from isolated movements regardless of what stage of your lifting career you're at.. If you can only bench 30 kg you don't stop and do isolated exercises instead to get stronger, you keep pushing yourself 30 until you get to 40, and so on

Compound movements are your foundation.. You have no business doing isolation movements if you can't do atleast your body weight in chest press,deads and squats

There's a lot of deception in the industry because most fitness/body builders don't do the typical programmes they give out to people..

The standard is 3 sets of 10 with about 5/6 different exercises for that body part

But moretime an experienced lifter will spend 7-10 sets on bench, a few sets on dumbell press and only use the cables etc as a post session stretch because it's the compound lifts that really break down the muscle and the reps are not typically 10, it's as many as you can get out of that weight without over doing it.. Faffing about with isolation and cables is more for either getting a pump or hitting muscles only the elite of the elite will ever see at 5-7% body fat

There are a lot of studies which suggest you can form a fantastic physique with just the 3 main compound lifts (bench, deads and squats)

• Upvote 2

That top exercise I don't like the look of anyway because it looks like an injury waiting to happen, so if it's not that different from the second, I'll probably give it a miss then.

I meant isolation exercises for arms and legs before he tries any back/chest exercises, wouldn't want Bane doing deadlifts before strengthening his arms and legs, to avoid injury, no?

Cheers YB

Will start of upper and lower

Had a private health check last week, I've become a tubster. Got some new running shoes, football twice a week, running partner and gym pass all set up as of this weekend.

Need to stop making excuses. Waking up 7 for work and getting home 7-8pm kills me. But I need to be putting my health first.

That top exercise I don't like the look of anyway because it looks like an injury waiting to happen, so if it's not that different from the second, I'll probably give it a miss then.

I meant isolation exercises for arms and legs before he tries any back/chest exercises, wouldn't want Bane doing deadlifts before strengthening his arms and legs, to avoid injury, no?

It's a full body movement, that's the beauty of the exercise, doesn't matter if you're lagging in 1 area you need your body whole body to perform it..

Only thing I would say you need before attempting those lifts is to work on your flexibility for your form, if you're not flexible then your form will be bad and it's very hard to correct your form after you've got used to doing it badly.. There's where the importance of the warm up and stretching come in prior to your weight lifting

10 minutes on a cardio machine starting off steady and gradually getting more and more intense, followed by 5 minutes stretching in the areas you're about to work or just full body stretching.. Can google different stretches, stretch and hold for 7-10 seconds (not bounce)

• Upvote 2

Cheers YB

Will start of upper and lower

Had a private health check last week, I've become a tubster. Got some new running shoes, football twice a week, running partner and gym pass all set up as of this weekend.

Need to stop making excuses. Waking up 7 for work and getting home 7-8pm kills me. But I need to be putting my health first.

Stay motivated for 2/3 solid weeks and it'll become routine & get a lot easier to go

Chest and Biceps

Upper Legs (quads and hamstrings)

Rest

Shoulders and Triceps

Rest

Back, Calves and Abs.

Rest

Is my current routine, just getting back into the swing of things my strengthbis comjng back nice and praise be muscle memory.

gym isn't hard

its diet that is hard

and how can a man talk down on the T bar Row

my lats were built on t bar row and wide grip pull ups and 1 arm rows

deadlifts are superfluous imo 

I also see no reason to ever train legs

don't listen to these gym heroes... big legs gets you nothing in life

Deads is a comprehensive full body workout. If your working just the legs then your doing it wrong.

Nothing worse than observing people doing deads with poor form and crap technique 

If you can nail it then its the single best lift you can do with weights imo

gym isn't hard

its diet that is hard

and how can a man talk down on the T bar Row

my lats were built on t bar row and wide grip pull ups and 1 arm rows

deadlifts are superfluous imo 

I also see no reason to ever train legs

don't listen to these gym heroes... big legs gets you nothing in life

Every+Day+is+Upper+Body+Day+2.+how+the+f

Romanian dead lifts >

I'm on the same wave as the mame diouf guy jumpin bk on gym. Except my lungs r fucked from smokin so gona take longer gettin bk onit

Mans got good genes tho coz somehow im still in good shape even with very bad diet. Shouts YB u drop some good info 

Legs are incredibly important

The exercises that hit your nervous system the most hit legs (deads and squats)

After your core I'd say they're most important. Well, a balance is obviously primary, but fucking hell the aesthetic of people who focus more on chest and shoulders is absolutely laughable. Walking around with their knuckles facing forward, looking all uptight ffs  :lol:

Yo I got 30 days till I go away just wanna drop a few pounds HIIT the best option?

Compressed eating and hiit

Saved me embarrassment two summers ago

This & Do low carb, you won't sustain it long-term but if you can get 6 weeks of ULC (just take carbs after training) you can get some f*cking impressive short-term results

I generally sit around 13% bodyfat at 5'11 and 88kg, I had abs after 14 weeks of carb cycling before I went on holiday (a long holiday, but they were gone after 6 weeks or so) - and I only went ultra low carb for the final 4 weeks My weight only dropped around 5kg.